Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Should be the GOP VP?
Condoleezza Rice, Former Sec of State 4 10.00%
Paul Ryan, Rep WI 2 5.00%
Marco Rubio, Senator FL 9 22.50%
Rand Paul, Senator KY 8 20.00%
Chris Christie, Gov NJ 3 7.50%
Bobby Jindal, Gov LA 1 2.50%
Rob Portman, Senator OH 0 0%
Bob Mcdonnell, Gov VA 2 5.00%
Susana Martinez, Gov NM 5 12.50%
Other 6 15.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 10:13 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,983,283 times

Advertisements

I think Rubio could well be the WORST pick. It would look like pandering and after Palin which IMO was pandering just like Ferraro 28 years ago, Romney needs to avoid any appearence of pandering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 10:23 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
He was baptized as a Mormon. He is now Catholic, but I think he would be a bad choice because of his Mormon history. I loathe that anyone's religion would be an issue at all, but it obviously is as we're seeing in the primaries and caucuses.

Mitch Daniels is LDS? Wow, somebody forget to the the Tea Party and the evangelicals then. He is ok with me, but I would say he is exciting in any way.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:23 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,319,897 times
Rubio or Christie would put an end to Obama and his anti American, anti family, anti white, anti Christian agenda.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:24 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,473,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Mitch Daniels is LDS? Wow, somebody forget to the the Tea Party and the evangelicals then. He is ok with me, but I would say he is exciting in any way.
No. I was talking about Rubio. And he is now Catholic, but his Mormon history could pose a big problem with a lot of evangelical voters. Romney being a Mormon is enough of an issue with those voters, he doesn't need a running mate who was a Mormon himself.

As far as Daniels, do you mean to say "he is not exciting in any way"? If so, I agree. He has very little charisma. I don't think he would be the best choice, but not necessarily because of that.

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 03-11-2012 at 10:52 PM..

Old 03-11-2012, 10:24 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I think Rubio could well be the WORST pick. It would look like pandering and after Palin which IMO was pandering just like Ferraro 28 years ago, Romney needs to avoid any appearence of pandering.

I don't think it's going to be him. He seems immature to me and sort of unsure or something.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:26 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,319,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
No. I was talking about Rubio. And he is now Catholic, but his Mormon history could pose a big problem.
Obamas muslim history did not cause him much problems.

But then again most of it was hidden away and not talked about.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:28 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,983,283 times
My big concern regarding Rubio is pandering. This is not McCain; my fear of the VP doing more than attending funerals in other nations with Romney is quite low. So I'm not fearful he'd have to step in, but it is vital to avoid bad appearences post Palin, just as the Dems had to do the same post Ferrraro.

So its vital, for the sake of not appearing to pander, the VP pick be overqualified to actually serve as president, and to be as bland as possible, from the standpoint of personal demographics.

The Rust Belt is perfect in that regard, not dissing the states that make it up, but its old fashioned Americana, pure and simple.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:35 PM

9,892 posts, read 10,831,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Rice and Chrisitie are pretty much out from there own words.Perhaps Ryan because Romney is hurting in more conservative state right now.But he may need to go further south and that would mean someone like Rubio or Jindal.
I agree, Rubio has insisted he is out, I am a big fan of what Bobby Jindal is doing in La.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:03 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,963,327 times
You almost have to put a woman in the VP slot given the DNC's latest "anti-woman" propaganda BS.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:15 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,995,865 times
You left off a man who should be on Romney's VP candidates list. What are Romney's preceived weaknesses as a Presidential candidate? Where does he need help? He's not a great speaker and just doesn't play the rabid Conservative stick very well and he is a Yankee.
He needs an attack dog from the deep South who is able to serve up the red meat. If Romney comes up short in the delegate count who might be able to put him over the top. Lastly he should be a mna who in the event that somebody sends a President Romney to that great Temple in the Sky should be a believable acting President? The man who meets these criteria is LEROY NEWTON GINGRICH. Southerner check, Right-wing wacko check, thinks fast on his feet check, will say anything with a straight face check , invented the ugly partisan politics of today check, and was once 3rd from the Presidency from 1995-1998 check. Looks like we have a match made in heaven here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections