Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 04:45 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
There is no different in how we have live now and 250, or 100 or 50 years ago.

If you are young, then ask your parent. The only different now and then is, the government is a lot smaller and savings matter. Now people go into debt. Government encourage people go into debt. That's the different.

The other different is we have a welfare state. 30 years ago, when my parents came to this country, they have to work to fed us. Now, new immigrant came to this country and get free house, free food, free medical. Free phone, free transportation. The list go on and go.

So you tell me why give incident for them to work? NONE. If they work, they loss all the incentive of not working.
OMG, are you telling me we all live the way we did even 50 years ago and our concerns are the same? If you are then you are too young to remember the 50s, the Nam war, the peace and hippy generation, the second world war, the days before the net, easy access to other countries, immegrants came here to work, not to live on the government: ask your relatives how long it took their family to learn to speak English? I could go on and on. No, we live in a totally different world than even 50 years ago.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 07:20 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,205,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
If you are then you are too young to remember the
Is that the dude who keeps dismissing older people (the ones who don't support his candidate as much) as uncaring, lacking knowledge, etc. if so I'd say it is a safe bet he (like me) is too young too remember the things you mention.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:25 AM

37,952 posts, read 17,888,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
OMG, are you telling me we all live the way we did even 50 years ago and our concerns are the same? If you are then you are too young to remember the 50s, the Nam war, the peace and hippy generation, the second world war, the days before the net, easy access to other countries, immegrants came here to work, not to live on the government: ask your relatives how long it took their family to learn to speak English? I could go on and on. No, we live in a totally different world than even 50 years ago.

Nita
I think our basic concerns are the same. Technology has changed the way we go about things. Things like, go to school and get an education. Save money and live within your means. Get a house, live the American dream. The same basic needs and wants for most haven't really changed much.
The entitlement system has become larger and more people rely on our one size fits all big government now than before. That's a big problem. We don't rely on family since government has taken over that role. The responsibility of the individual as well as the family has been slowly taken away from us.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
It is not unusual to demonstrate conflicting ideologies. You're doing just that. As in... a racist has the right to deny services (no matter how necessary) based on someone's skin color or religion or gender... and the person affected has the right to get lost.
people have the right to their own property. Doesn't matter if the person is considered a bad or good person. Whats theirs is theirs. Your the same type of person who said the Japanese Americans were bad people for no other reason than being of Japanese descent so lets throw them into camps during World War 2. You the same type of person who said blacks are sub human and do not deserve the rights and freedoms as others.

Quote:
Got it. No wonder Ron Paul is a loser... he's got massive support of such behind him as well.
The only losers are the ones who allow their rights and freedoms to be taken away because they THINK they know what is best for everyone.

No wonder America is in such bad shape when we have unqualified people like you FORCING me to do what you want. You're not smart enough and you're not moral enough to run my life or anyone elses for that matter. And not just you, no one is. Same goes for me when it comes to running your life. I would be no better than you in that respect.

Keep running and hiding from the truth all you want. Stay in a collective racist world if thats your want. I think people who think like you have a loser mentality but more power to them. As long as they do not step on my rights I have no "legal" authority to force them to do otherwise. You cannot focus on the issues or the point of the issue so you ignore, deny, and deflect. Anything to NOT discuss the horrible policies YOUR big government candidate backs.

You cannot legislate morality. People like you have proven time and time again you're not after morality, you're after control. Force and coercion are your tools. The tools of tyrants.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 03-16-2012 at 10:17 AM..

Old 03-16-2012, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
This is a good example of why other posters keep putting you on ignore.
You don't speak for others. I understand being the type of person who is a control freak you'd like that.

Quote:
Ok let me rephrase, do you believe it should be legal for the owner of a private restaurant to put a "new jews" sign on the door? You're previously indicated a "no blacks" sign should be legal so I'm curious if you are consistent.
Curious??? LMAO your post is nothing other than a drama queen post. Only someone who is not paying attention and has no respect for property rights does not get it. Theft should be illegal. Unlike you I don't believe in stealing for my causes.

Quote:
You don't speak for others. I understand being the type of person who is a control freak you'd like that.

Quote:

Quote:
No, I don't.
LMAO Sure you do. You back the CRA so of course you'd want the enforcement of that act. The enforcement means throw people in jail and fine them. What kind of person says they back a law but not the enforcement? I as going to say you're not very consistent and one should make up your mind, you either believe in something or you don't. But you are consistent in your usual inconsistent way. You think theft is bad EXCEPT when it benefits your policies. You think freedom and liberty are okay except when you need to take away rights because YOU think it's for the best. The same type of mentality that thinks stealing should be legal as long as its for their cause.

Quote:
So how about answering the question I put in bold for you in the last post?
I answered it. How come you don't spend the time to read the posts you are responding too?

Quote:
You spent so much time throwing around accusations and insults yet you forgot to respond to it.
I responded to it. When you criticize someone for doing the same thing you do, you come across as two faced.

Quote:
Note I didn't ask if it was okay, I asked if it should be legal for a private business to post the following advertisement:
Wanted: Salesperson full time. Whites males under 35 only, not accepting applications from jews, gays, overweight, handicapped, or history of diabetes
Note I have already answered that question. It is not my problem if you are incapable of understanding it in your drama queen post. Take responsibility for your actions.
Again No one has the right to anothers property. Theft is illegal. If you are unable to figure that out you shouldn't be in a forum discussing policies. Plus it takes away from your time to control others and take their property.

Quote:
Should that be legal to post Loveshiscountry? From your previous opinions on people having "no blacks" signs I'd assume yes but would like to confirm.
I have already answered this in your other drama queen post. I have never given my "opinion" on having "no xxx allowed" signs. What I have stated is theft is illegal. No one should be able to take property away from another person.
Just to be clear, you want to allow people to steal. I would like you to confirm this.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 03-16-2012 at 10:14 AM..

Old 03-16-2012, 09:54 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,839,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
people have the right to their own property.
Only property owners deserve rights?

Old 03-16-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Only property owners deserve rights?
You, yourself are property. You own yourself. This is what we were founded on, property rights of the individual. Someone hits you, I hope they don't, and causes damages, you have the right to be compensated. They have damaged "property".
That was also the basis for the worst decsion America has ever had, Slavery. Slaves were considered property. I still don't get how someone can steal property and claim it is theirs. Another example of the monied ruling elite getting their way while ignoring the rights of the individual. Somethings never change I guess.

Everyone owns themselves. Your work is your property. Maybe I need to say "should" own it since government, with the help of some people, allow that theft.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:07 AM

Quote:
You, yourself are property. You own yourself. This is what we were founded on, property rights of the individual.
So, government must protect you, as it must EVERYBODY?

Old 03-16-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
So, government must protect you, as it must EVERYBODY?
One of the roles of government is to protect our borders.
Police do not have to protect you. Is that what you are referring too? Most of the time they come after the damage has been done. Some of the time they are the ones who inflict damage.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
One of the roles of government is to protect our borders.
One of them... yes. But do you want to discuss that now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections