Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 06:36 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,999,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen811 View Post
IF YOU NEED A LAW to be a good human being you aint a good human to begin with.

You nailed it right here with this statement. Nothing more needs to be said!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 07:17 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,205,828 times
Quote:
*opposing it because of property rights. a restaurant/store owner does not need to serve customers he does not like for whatever purpose. why should i be a slave to someone whom I do not want to work for. if I want to serve them then so be it but do not force others to be a slave to others. IF they want to serve people that they dislike they can BUT do not force people to be non-racist because that is just fake. some people are just racist just let them be but if they show it you dont need to buy from them they can lose customers then and go bankrupt.
So you okay with them hiring this way too? Help wanted, white male under 35 years old, no overweight or disabled need apply.

What about the disabled, why should private companies be required to have handicap access if they don't care about or like these customers? They are a relatively small percentage of the population and those front parking spots would be much more useful to have available to other folks.

How about religion? Welcome to Mike's Deli, try our meatball sub! No jews allowed.

How about health? It's your company why should anyone be able to tell you who to hire, especially since unhealthy people are more expensive as employees. Help wanted, full time with benefits, be under 40 and health screening required nobody will be accepted with history of diabetes, high blood pressure, cancer, heart diseases, stress-related issues, or ADD.

Liberty!

Old 03-14-2012, 07:23 AM

4,160 posts, read 4,180,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheist Liberal View Post
Well that video is super, but lets take a look at some of the things Ron Paul did or thinks:

* Opposes the Civil Rights Act of 1964
* Opposes making MLK jr. Day a national holiday.
* Thinks the earth is 6000 years old and support teaching creationism in school. He's also thinks America is a Christian nation.
* Signed mailed out newsletters that had his name on it that said as series of racist and homophobic comments in it.
* Support DOMA and supports states rights to discriminate against gays and blacks.
* Thinks women who are sexually harassed in the workplace shouldn't sue but find another job.

And that's just the tip of the ice berg.
the "problems" you listed is problems created by the federal government, and you expect a federal government solution will works?

What did the constitutions said? All Men Are Created Equal. Yet, it is the government who betrayed this principle, this included the most of the founders.

The Jim Crow Law - Separate by equal. Who was behind this? You got it, it is the federal government again.

I can go on and on on these issues but you will refuse to listen or do your own researches or even accept the fact that government is evil.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:05 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,070,381 times
In an insane world sanity is insane.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:09 AM

2,160 posts, read 1,956,854 times
Because the Ayn Rand-revering, gold standard-loving, pseudo-libertarian, isolationist wing of the Republican Party is a small wing.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:11 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,070,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
Dedicated Paulites would like us to think it's all a conspiracy but Paul clearly hasn't been able to turn internet polls or even well-attended, in-person rallies into actual votes on the ground. It leads me to think that folks just aren't as in-tune to him as all the internet chatter might seem to indicate.

If Paul's small-gov't/states rights shpeel doesn't play in Idaho, what chance does it have nationally?

Answer: None.

According to phone polls in 1932, FDR was to lose in a landslide. The problem with phone polls in 1932 is that FDR supporters couldn't afford phones. I wouldn't sell web chatter short.

Last edited by Joe_Ryder; 03-14-2012 at 08:19 AM..

Old 03-14-2012, 08:26 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,260,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
So you okay with them hiring this way too? Help wanted, white male under 35 years old, no overweight or disabled need apply.

What about the disabled, why should private companies be required to have handicap access if they don't care about or like these customers? They are a relatively small percentage of the population and those front parking spots would be much more useful to have available to other folks.

How about religion? Welcome to Mike's Deli, try our meatball sub! No jews allowed.

How about health? It's your company why should anyone be able to tell you who to hire, especially since unhealthy people are more expensive as employees. Help wanted, full time with benefits, be under 40 and health screening required nobody will be accepted with history of diabetes, high blood pressure, cancer, heart diseases, stress-related issues, or ADD.

Liberty!
Nobody, myself included, has said Ron Paul is perfect. Although I do agree all the things you listed above are not moral, I would rather have that than a government that can arrest and hold you indefinitely without a trial, molests you at the airport, train stations and proms, has a corrupt central bank, murders tons of people in useless wars, etc. Ron Paul is the only candidate against those things and that is why I support him.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:28 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,839,819 times
Quote:
*opposing it because of property rights...
Property rights cannot trump people's right as citizens, cannot be used as an excuse to discriminate and promote a society based on idiotic grounds.

These are signatures of his insanity (but then, it is also a key element to his constituency in East Texas).

Old 03-14-2012, 08:41 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,888,510 times
Quote:
*opposing it because of property rights. a restaurant/store owner does not need to serve customers he does not like for whatever purpose. why should i be a slave to someone whom I do not want to work for. if I want to serve them then so be it but do not force others to be a slave to others.

IF they want to serve people that they dislike they can BUT do not force people to be non-racist because that is just fake. some people are just racist just let them be but if they show it you dont need to buy from them they can lose customers then and go bankrupt.
eventually they will be weeded out as competition from others drive them out of business.

capitalism at work there
civil rights act did nothing.
IF YOU NEED A LAW to be a good human being you aint a good human to begin with.

*mlk day holiday. just how many holidays are there now? do we need another one? really do we?
unproductive use of time and doesn't really do much. they should celebrate the 4th of july instead and lump it together with freedom for all dont just make one holiday for one group as it encourages racism to each other.

encourage people to do things together rather than see their own differences they should see their own similarities.

racism argument debunked please do your research and debate better.

now onto religion.

I am honestly not religious myself: agnostic which will not pick a side sorry just wont because there is no data.

6000 year theory:
supports teaching it? does it matter its his belief church and state shouldn't be in government but states and local communities have a right to their opinion. ahem freedom of speech remember?

imo though 6000 year theory is just a theory it could represent 6 billion years in 6000 years instead.
for all we know we could be an experiment by an alien.

god = alien
alien = not from this world
god= not from this world
thus god = alien.

hey it could happen we had experiments were we were able to create life of course but we could not perfect it after all because it takes too much time/energy. Thus it is entirely possible to have an alien race spreading life across the universe.

Bibles are just a representation of stories and a moral guide, I do not take them literally.
BUT if you choose to be good because of the bible instead of actually being good because you want to be you are in fact just selfish then, not good. but its fine 90% of the world is like that. very rare will you meet a selfless person.

NOW on to womens rights:
yes now you get sexually harassed, so do you sue or find another job. if you sue you waste lots of time and money and you hope to get it all back. BUT this actually wastes a lot of resources and wealth creation dont forget. on an economic standpoint its pointless to everyone.

AND if she gets to keep the job she will get hated even more. thus its pointless. either waste time or get hated even more at the work place. so its a lure for ambulance chasers.
The women that get harassed should just say stop and say if you dont I will quit.

IF that woman was valuable they would stop and respect her if not then they will keep doing so and lose her. Big deal just leave and find another job then. its up to the boss really. even if you win the lawsuit it would be bad.

PS. who wants to hire someone that likes to sue people

*on his newsletters*: please go read up on whom actually wrote them it has been confirmed already and all over google or are you too lazy and want to keep calling ron paul racist after giving free services to the race he hates.

*ps he supported DOMA likely because he supports states rights. if they dont like it dont live there and move to another state. as of now NDAA AND such bills are for all the states, the healthcare bill are for all the states the devaluation are for all the states, the abortion issue is for all the states. NO WAY OUT.

This is about choice of the individual. If that state is more racist than others then that state will have less workers there then and will be a bad engine of economic growth. too bad for them.

Different races may excel at different things as well aka genetics. play a role in which types of activities we excel in aka: aptitude

but more importantly is how you are brought up.
teach them math and science values higher than reading and writing and that will encourage science development in engineering.
emphasize more in english, philosophy and the arts they will excel more in journalism psychology etc.
emphasize more on sports they will have higher physical attributes.

so some people attribute africans with better physical attributes.
chinese attributed with better math skills
the west with innovation
the east with copycats,clones, knockoffs.

some of them may have some truth to it some maybe not. BUT who cares you are whom you are work to that goal and make up for it and show people whom you are as an INDIVIDUAL.
prove to people their racism and sterotypes are wrong and even if they were correct it is meaningless.

that is the path forward from racism but idiotic people keep complaining about it instead of doing something constructive.
Facts mean little to those with a blinded agenda. I guess they are happy that Obama got the troops out as one of the first things he'll do as President and the unemployment level is at 8 percent.
Oh wait that didn't happen. The Cubs deliver better than this dishonest big government manipulator.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:52 AM

2,160 posts, read 1,956,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
According to phone polls in 1932, FDR was to lose in a landslide. The problem with phone polls in 1932 is that FDR supporters couldn't afford phones. I wouldn't sell web chatter short.
Actually, that was one single poll -- the Literary Digest poll.
The Literary Digest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

However, it was not a phone poll but a mail poll, and it was held in 1936, not 1932. And it was grossly unscientific (it was only sent to subscribers and potential subscribers) -- so the poll of potential respondents was an unrepresentative sample of the voting populace, and the response was voluntary. It was the equivalent of an internet poll taken today (unrepresentative targeting, voluntary response) -- nothing more than a straw poll. Every election has these silly polls -- for you to cite it in comparison to scientific polls is nonsensical.

Of course, every other poll saw the FDR re-election landslide coming in 1936.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections