Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 11:47 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,810,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamerschris View Post
Ive wonderd this for awhile now... What is it about him that the people dont like? Is he too honest? or are the other candidates just really more appealing than Ron? Anyone?
I don't think it is a matter of not liking him personally, I think it is some of his policies and how his words are interpreted...His supporters see one Paul, others of us, see quite another. Probably the biggest problems people have with him is his foreign policy or lack of same. There are others as well, just as ending the war on drugs by just letting everyone do what they want. In some ways he represents what many Republicans stand for, but in others he is far to the left. His strongest appeal might be states rights, which most Republicans believe in. The weakest, of course is his views on foreign affairs.

He ideas are so removed from the mainstream, that in congress he has gotten almost nothing accomplished in all the years he has been there.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 12:04 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,653,713 times
Quote:
Ive wonderd this for awhile now... What is it about him that the people dont like? Is he too honest? or are the other candidates just really more appealing than Ron? Anyone?
He's doing a lot better than people who extreme, conspiratorial views usually do. I'd be happy with how much thought he has provoked if I were a Paul supporter. If Paulites stick with it, they could have a big impact on our government in a few years.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:08 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,885,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I don't think it is a matter of not liking him personally, I think it is some of his policies and how his words are interpreted...His supporters see one Paul, others of us, see quite another. Probably the biggest problems people have with him is his foreign policy or lack of same. There are others as well, just as ending the war on drugs by just letting everyone do what they want. In some ways he represents what many Republicans stand for, but in others he is far to the left. His strongest appeal might be states rights, which most Republicans believe in. The weakest, of course is his views on foreign affairs.

He ideas are so removed from the mainstream, that in congress he has gotten almost nothing accomplished in all the years he has been there.

Nita
LMAO You yourself proved this statemnt "and how his words are interpreted." Making up statements like "by just letting everyone do what they want" doesn't hint at what Ron Paul believes in but that is to be expected by a big government supporter with a twisted agenda. Say or do anything. Truth be damned right?

You probably are one of those who think Iran wants to wipe Israel off the face of the earth. Bachmann and Newt did too. They are wrong of course as that is not Irans policy, but that wont stop the fear mongers who love us to be in tons of wars protecting other countries borders better than we protect ours.

Because you don't believe in personal responsibility and are a big government fanatic you don't believe that out of control spending is a bad thing or that people should live within their means.
As a conservative Ron Paul has fought to make the Federal government smaller since it is costly and ineffective. You on the other hand find it very comfortable to spend others money recklessly. So of course you are going to take a swipe at someone who presents bills that want to cut spending and reduce taxes.
You are criticizing a nun for going into a brothel and not turning tricks. He was there to stop the wh*ring not become one.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 03-12-2012 at 12:16 PM..

Old 03-12-2012, 01:31 PM

531 posts, read 501,956 times
He loses because he's a fringe candidate.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:38 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,204,955 times
Quote:
Ive wonderd this for awhile now... What is it about him that the people dont like?
I suspect some of his supporters turn a lot of people off too, where if one doesn't support Ron Paul they are automatically attacked for having some opposite extreme position that they've never taken. Example from this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because you don't believe in personal responsibility and are a big government fanatic you don't believe that out of control spending is a bad thing or that people should live within their means.
I suspect whoever he is blasting away at stomps on babies too.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:47 PM

1,013 posts, read 910,908 times
slackjaw

thats usually going to happen when you push the supporters over the top and you basically force them to call these types of people out.

and thus they just call it when they see it.

yep its a turn off and mostly true hence making it worse.

if these types of people actually admit the truth then they would be admitting they themselves are incompetent which is why I said those types are old stubborn people which don't want to change for the better.

so instead they rather call others crazy instead of examining everything.
but alas.

the regular neo-con gop turns off a ot of people as well dont forget.
(ps dont say its grassroots teaparty because those guys are fakes they are really neo-cons)

the crazy people are the ones that want to beat obama with another obama. or want to have the same corruption over and over again.

remember, the definition of insanity = doing something over and over again and expecting a different result.

so shall we say 90% of the neo-cons are bat f crazy since they say it to us. We want to change for the better and improve ourselves instead of staying the same in a confined corruption til the ends of time.

PS those that supported the NDAA are the ones bat f crazy. this means the 3 stooges and obama and whom ever in the general population that supports that bill.

so raise of hands whom supports it.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:32 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,885,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
I suspect some of his supporters turn a lot of people off too, where if one doesn't support Ron Paul they are automatically attacked for having some opposite extreme position that they've never taken. Example from this thread:
Why isn't it about policy? Is it because the big government policies fail too often and there is no defending them except to deflect? Your post is an example.
We discuss policy. If you want to have a popularity contest enter Miss America.

If I'm really, really polite and will you discuss how Communism will benefit America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
I suspect whoever he is blasting away at stomps on babies too.
Just the ones in the Middle East. Those are the main ones who get treated like animals and sub humans.

Old 03-12-2012, 04:14 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,941,144 times
I think he's mostly honest about his agenda but being honest about an evil agenda is still an evil agenda. Even many conservatives dont want antitrust, environmental, safety and labor laws overturned entirely. Most people don't want Social Security and Medicare repealed either. Paul has a simpleminded philosophy that any government is bad and most people have a little more intelligence than that.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:57 PM

4,160 posts, read 4,179,078 times
Paul is not winning has nothing to do with:

1) Media blackout - Media still deny his is running it. Go to any political sites and you will not find him. If you do, he will be bottom of the page with 1 mention. With Gingrich has 20 times more coverage than Paul

2) Frauds - First, it was Iowa, Maine, Nevada. The list go on and on. All the "public" votes need to be secret and for the chairman's eyes only. Just flat out lying and call it an "error" in counting.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:28 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,204,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
If I'm really, really polite and will you discuss how Communism will benefit America.
Sure, although I'd say the odds of you managing a discussion without putting words in someone else's mouth to attack are pretty slim.

So, why do you think communism benefits America?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections