Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 04:28 PM

38,713 posts, read 26,515,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You know what. Screw the economy. I would rather live with 4 more years of Obama and be in poverty then to have a republican in the white house who wants to take women back to the dark ages. I'm voting for womens rights over the economy this election.

Don't worry natalie469. You don't have to choose one over the other. You see, the "war on women" is a pretend issue made up to provide a distraction from the real issues. The economy is the real issue and Democrats have failed to address it. That's why they need a "war on women" so they don't have to talk about unemployment, the housing market, the falling dollar, stagnant wages, food and gas prices, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 04:37 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,209,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa1984 View Post
You do realize that may very well help him in the general election with gaining independent voters who aren't thrilled with Obama since they tend to favor moderate candidates.
Maybe, but he's got his work cut out for him:

Obama Solidifying Lead Among Independents in Swing States

Old 04-14-2012, 04:54 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,651,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Don't worry natalie469. You don't have to choose one over the other.
lol...you can choose both.

Women's rights and the economy.

The Republican's have clearly established they care nothing about the economy. They cratered it in 2008.

The Republican's don't like Romney, they nick-named him etch a sketch. They've picked Romney's opponent by a large margin throughout the primary.

Old 04-14-2012, 05:14 PM

38,713 posts, read 26,515,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
And neither can MOST American women that have to raise children either as stay at home moms or working moms.

How the hell can a woman that has a husband that earns tens of millions of dollars a year mostly through capital gains taxed at 15% with a household staff and according to Mitt Romney TWO CADILLACS be described as "STRUGGLING"?

It's this kind of rhetoric that shows how totally tone deaf and out of touch both Mitt and Anne Romney are with the majority of the American people.

Blah, blah, blah,...

Michelle's ski trip marks 16 Obama vacations | Washington Examiner

Lectures while the Obamas are living lifestyles of the rich and famous.

You want "out of touch"?

Obama tells father of 10 to buy a more fuel efficient car.mov - YouTube

That's as tone deaf as they come.

Old 04-14-2012, 05:24 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,505,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Tough time addressing the thread topic?

Surely you can do better.

Your right, Hope n' Change was a farce, and he has failed this economy.
Not a tough time, when we have a failing economy, worse housing crisis and lasting way too long, very high unemployemnt inspite of the manufactured numbers, and people who have lost their jobs due to this great change.,

You were saying. The dems have a very hard time, keeping stories straight. What will be promised this time around, If you hope, maybe i can bring some change.
Which reminds me, people are sure looking for some loose change these days.
Not a tough time at all, because this economy and this Country is owned by Obama.

And we want real change, not make believe manufactured, or fairy-tale change, real change we can see and feel, and sorry Obama failed the course.
People who lost their jobs and homes since Obama has been elected, are blaming him, no other person. Obama is known for taking credit when due, but here comes the finger pointing when he does wrong, lets play a game called the blame game.

Last edited by california-jewel; 04-14-2012 at 05:32 PM..

Old 04-14-2012, 05:38 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,914,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I can't and won't speak for other conservatives, but although I didn't support Romney as "my" candidate, if he recieves the nomination as it appears he will, I will give him my vote. We as a nation simply can not afford another term of Obama. I think it may surprise you as to how many voters feel exactly as I do and I can assure you, whatever the final result, it will not be a runaway as it was in 08 and in any event, it is also a strong possibility that the GOP will also take control of the Senate, although I do expect them to lose a few seats in the house.
The largest conservative site on the web has declared it will not support Romney.

"No more Doles!! No more McCains!! No more RINOS!!

NO ROMNEY!!"

Notice: Free Republic has been in full rebellion mode since 2008 and will remain so for the duration

There are at present over 1,440 responses in just three days to the post by the site owner declaring Free Republic a "Romney free zone," and while there are a few who say they will vote for Romney purely as a vote against Obama, the majority of the members there are in agreement that they will never cast a vote for him. They feel like he was chosen by the GOP establishment, just like McCain, and though most of them held their noses and voted GOP in 2008, they want to send a message to the GOP establishment this time by refusing to support a candidate that is not conservative. It will be interesting to see how many conservatives actually sit this election out.

Last edited by HeyJude514; 04-14-2012 at 05:53 PM..

Old 04-14-2012, 05:44 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,651,095 times
Lightbulb lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Your right
Of course I am.

Quote:
Romney has accumulated 4,595,908 or only about 41% of votes cast by Republicans thus far.

Are Republicans concerned that a majority of Republicans have selected Not Romney?
Republican's don't like Romney. They keep saying they have no idea who he is.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:13 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,094,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
When you have 8 or 9 candidates running in the beginning and still have 4 just a few months before the last primaries, this isn't unusual. I wonder what percentage supported Reagan in the spring of 1980? Now, if there are polls taken in Sept that show only 40% of the Republicans support him, there is reason for worry...If anything 41% is a very high percentage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
This is a four-way-race, getting 41% of the vote is very respectable. This race went on longer than previous primaries because of SuperPACS and proportional allocation, so it remained a four-way race longer than any other nomination process I can remember. Now it is a three-way race with no signs of Gingrich or Paul dropping out. Let's look at the vote totals on June 26 after every state has voted, shall we?
FINALLY, someone that understands ...

Old 04-14-2012, 06:23 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,094,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
That is quickly being replaced with "Anybody but a Republican".

Thank Santorum and your propensity to legislate morality, Republicans.

The "smaller government interference in our lives" guys ... ONLY if your lifestyle doesn't different from what we think is right.

If Sanitorium and his ilk had their way, females would NOT be allowed to vote or hold any meaningful job outside of the home, remember, they take jobs away from men with familes to support ...

Old 04-14-2012, 06:55 PM

831 posts, read 683,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The largest conservative site on the web has declared it will not support Romney.

"No more Doles!! No more McCains!! No more RINOS!!

NO ROMNEY!!"

Notice: Free Republic has been in full rebellion mode since 2008 and will remain so for the duration

There are at present over 1,440 responses in just three days to the post by the site owner declaring Free Republic a "Romney free zone," and while there are a few who say they will vote for Romney purely as a vote against Obama, the majority of the members there are in agreement that they will never cast a vote for him. They feel like he was chosen by the GOP establishment, just like McCain, and though most of them held their noses and voted GOP in 2008, they want to send a message to the GOP establishment this time by refusing to support a candidate that is not conservative. It will be interesting to see how many conservatives actually sit this election out.

Wow, i get the feeling he's midly peeved with the gop of late?

Gotta admire his tanacity and conviction, at least he's true to his beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections