Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 10:12 AM

26,531 posts, read 15,102,432 times

Advertisements

The video will strike a chord with some people and various Christians not just specifically Catholics.

Old 05-20-2012, 10:52 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,523,442 times
Good for the Catholics!

Old 05-20-2012, 11:38 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,378,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Interracial marriages does not alter the definition of marriage; i.e., a union between one man and one woman.
Or as Romney's grandfather would say, "one man and one woman and one woman and one woman."

Old 05-20-2012, 12:14 PM

26,531 posts, read 15,102,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notasmoker View Post
Or as Romney's grandfather would say, "one man and one woman and one woman and one woman."
Liberal bigotry? "Romney's ancestors were weird...don't vote for him "Make judgments on a person by their ancestors, not them."

Old 05-20-2012, 12:48 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,961,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Tax the churches.
They want to influence the government.

Let them pay for the privilege.
I completely agree.

That's what pisses me off about this - not that they made the ad (who cares?), but that they're an organization that is tax-exempt and they are clearly not supposed to be butting into politics like this.

I like individual Catholics. They're pretty cool, and generally pretty liberal. But the church? Tax the ****ers until they fall to their knees.

An ad like this, ESPECIALLY after all of their abuse scandals. They really need to focus on cleaning up their own filthy back yard. The Catholic church can go to hell and the Pope should lead the way.

Quote:
The video will strike a chord with some people and various Christians not just specifically Catholics.
Yeah - it'll certainly resonant with the hypocritical bigot demographic. I can see why so many people on this thread love it.

Old 05-20-2012, 03:08 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,012,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
I completely agree.

That's what pisses me off about this - not that they made the ad (who cares?), but that they're an organization that is tax-exempt and they are clearly not supposed to be butting into politics like this.

I like individual Catholics. They're pretty cool, and generally pretty liberal. But the church? Tax the ****ers until they fall to their knees.

An ad like this, ESPECIALLY after all of their abuse scandals. They really need to focus on cleaning up their own filthy back yard. The Catholic church can go to hell and the Pope should lead the way.

Yeah - it'll certainly resonant with the hypocritical bigot demographic. I can see why so many people on this thread love it.
The churches have been dong this for a very long time!! The law that forbids churches from getting involved dates back to the 1950s. But it only pertains to churches recommending specific candidates. They are allowed to mention "issues"- that's why they can be as anti-gay, anti-pro-choice as they want to be. Every 4 years or more often, they compile their "laundry list" of what they want in a candidate and which party supports it. The Church took a bad turn when John Paul 2 ascended to the papacy. He installed ALL archconservative cardinals/archbishops to the point that there are no progressive voices within the church except a few old nuns who are always reprimanded. It's a shame. It might have been a lot different if John Paul 1 had only lived longer.

Read this: This points to the theroy that the short-lived JP 1 and other liberals were murdered.

http://www.catholicarrogance.org/Cat...tJohnPaul.html

Last edited by wehotex; 05-20-2012 at 03:19 PM..

Old 05-20-2012, 03:29 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,458,165 times
This will strike a cord with those individuals, who are unwilling and non acceptable, of change. Any change, and there are many people out there as this. I just think, they are unwilling to change, because sometimes for some people it is so much easier with what you know, then to now suddenly change.
I know Christians and Catholics, who will not change for anyone or anybody. But you know what that is within their own right to their own feelings too. We don't have to understand, or put them down, or make them feel guilty. A person is entitled to their own feelings and beliefs.
I will not put them down, because that to me is not right.
But for those people who are all about change, and embrace it, good for you.
I feel and i am a Republician that two people in this short lifetime, ought to be married to the person they choose to be with the rest of their life. Man and Women, Two Men, or two Women. We all deserve to be happy, and that should really not matter to any of us.
The way i truly feel, there is so much more important issues in this world to think about or try and understand, instead of this issue.

Old 05-20-2012, 04:35 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,961,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
This will strike a cord with those individuals, who are unwilling and non acceptable, of change. Any change, and there are many people out there as this. I just think, they are unwilling to change, because sometimes for some people it is so much easier with what you know, then to now suddenly change.
I know Christians and Catholics, who will not change for anyone or anybody. But you know what that is within their own right to their own feelings too. We don't have to understand, or put them down, or make them feel guilty. A person is entitled to their own feelings and beliefs.
I will not put them down, because that to me is not right.
But for those people who are all about change, and embrace it, good for you.
I feel and i am a Republician that two people in this short lifetime, ought to be married to the person they choose to be with the rest of their life. Man and Women, Two Men, or two Women. We all deserve to be happy, and that should really not matter to any of us.
The way i truly feel, there is so much more important issues in this world to think about or try and understand, instead of this issue.
First, thank you for your support. It is appreciated.

But.. what a person personally feels is none of my concern. However, when the Catholic church, the largest church in the US, starts creating political ads, it becomes my concern. That's the real issue here.

Old 05-20-2012, 04:46 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,372,829 times
I think the video could be improved.

Change Catholic to Conservative and run them BOTH EVERY DAY, EVERY HOUR EVERYWHERE.

Let the damned left harp all they want using the lies they tell.

Tell the truth, the truth will out.

I for one am sick of liberal democrat lies.

Old 05-20-2012, 04:49 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,498,421 times
Glad I gave up Catholicism for Lent in 1968! I might go back when they build a St. Galileo's, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for that to happen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections