Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 09:20 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,133,952 times

Advertisements

Perhaps they should drop all pretense of being "fair and balance." Perhaps "We tell the RWNJ what they want to hear" would be a better moniker?

Even conservatives think this one is over the line.

Video: Fox’s “Four years of hope and change”; Update: “Not authorized at the senior executive level of the network” « Hot Air

I'm actually fine with it-- I just wish Fox would come out and be more honest about what they are doing... as if anyone truly believes they are fair and balanced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 09:23 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,663,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Perhaps they should drop all pretense of being "fair and balance."
I agree. It's practically Orwellian in their case.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-31-2012 at 07:46 AM.. Reason: response to deletion

Old 05-30-2012, 09:25 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,627,268 times
Quote:

I'm actually fine with it-- I just wish Fox would come out and be more honest about what they are doing... as if anyone truly believes they are fair and balanced.
Great. And waiting for CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, CNBC to admit their lack of balance and lack of coverage of what they don't want the public to see and hear.......

Old 05-30-2012, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Great. And waiting for CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, CNBC to admit their lack of balance and lack of coverage of what they don't want the public to see and hear.......
Oh, good. So you admit that Fox News is not "fair and balanced".

Old 05-30-2012, 09:28 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,519,528 times
Puh-lease, what a load of crap. CBS, NBC, ABC, MSNBC, CNN, NY Times, LA Times, Chicago Tribune, Washington Post. Need we go on with all the leftwing *news* organizations all against one cable network that does a far better job of fair and balanced reporting and guests on their opinion shows than all these organizations combined.

Absolute garbage daily from you lefties.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Absolute garbage daily from you lefties.
It's interesting how some of you can't defend Fox News's slogan, so you have to lash out at every other network.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:31 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Looks like it agrees with my point:

"Rachel Maddow doesn’t shy away from the liberal label. But she says there’s an important distinction between what she and her MSNBC colleagues do and how their counterparts operate at Fox News. On-air personalities at MSNBC, Maddow says, don’t take direction or follow talking points from the network."
Telling people not to take your direction, while you 24/7 attack Republicans, is pretty much hypocritical, dont you agree?

The only distinction I see between Fox, and MSNBC, is Fox will spend all day criticizing Obama, and MSNBC spends all day bashing Fox.

Sorry but bashing other tv channels doesnt make what you report "news".

Old 05-30-2012, 09:36 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,133,952 times
No doubt-- MSNBC is liberal. Other networks-- Sorry, that's baloney. They only appear liberal next to Fox's unbridled conservatism that doesn't seem to be bound by the truth.

When even your slogan is dishonest, how do you expect to have credibility to repost news journalistically? Let's look at what happened here. A "news" network made a political commercial that was not balanced, journalistic or even wholly accurate. Like the conservative author of the article stated, what place is it for a "news" network to do this? The obvious answer: Fox is not a news network. They are a propaganda network. Again... That's fine. Just don't lie about it.

I have yet to see someone defend Fox on this-- versus just attack MSNBC... which according to at least one Mod would be O/T.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:42 PM

37,799 posts, read 41,000,307 times
Quote:
Perhaps they should drop all pretense of being "fair and balance." Perhaps "We tell the RWNJ what they want to hear" would be a better moniker?

Even conservatives think this one is over the line.

Video: Fox’s “Four years of hope and change”; Update: “Not authorized at the senior executive level of the network” « Hot Air

Commercials don't run during shows and at the end they tell you who paid for them. This was an in-house made montage.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
MSNBC is propoganda as well. Look, I watch CNN when I want to actually watch news. But I also think CNN is boring (and there's a reason it's boring).
I agree with you again. And I also believe that the majority of news media have a liberal bias. I just wish Fox News would admit their conservative bias.

For anyone interested in media bias, this is a great book:

Amazon.com: Left Turn: How Liberal Media Bias Distorts the American Mind (9781250002761): Tim Groseclose PhD: Books

It's easy to read, but it's not a rant. It's based on real, data-driven studies on political leanings in the news media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections