Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 05:32 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,770,897 times

Advertisements

I am firmly middle class and firmly with Obama. I know many others who feel the same way. He is the superior leader, clearly.

I have said it before. It is not that Romney is really so terrible (but he is not good either), but rather that he seems pretty spineless, and he will cow tow to the Tea Party crazies. I love my country too much to allow that bs. to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 05:44 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,523,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I am firmly middle class and firmly with Obama. I know many others who feel the same way. He is the superior leader, clearly.

I have said it before. It is not that Romney is really so terrible (but he is not good either), but rather that he seems pretty spineless, and he will cow tow to the Tea Party crazies. I love my country too much to allow that bs. to happen.
What a laugh. No one follows that jug-eared fool save for ignorant people who don't know better. Romney is so far superior to obama in every single personal trait and ability not to mention experience that only the slow witted will vote for obama again. If you're really middle class you will only hurt yourself.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
What a laugh. No one follows that jug-eared fool save for ignorant people who don't know better. Romney is so far superior to obama in every single personal trait and ability not to mention experience that only the slow witted will vote for obama again. If you're really middle class you will only hurt yourself.
No, we don't want the lunatics taking over the asylum. That simple. The GOP has campaigned for decades on how much they hate the government and want to starve it to death. Why would any thinking person allow such loonies to RUN the government. They play a cynical game that I find phony and wrong. We will never be rid of government. We will just be ruled by the rich and bigoted or rule ourselves. It is not a tough choice for any person with two braincells that can talk to each other.

Vote for Romney if you like. I'm not buying. Obama is a real leader, not a spineless corporate stooge.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:13 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,683,872 times
The stock market exploded in a good way today, the day after Scott Walker's re-election. Never fails.....when a republican wins after a contentious campaign, everybody is better off.

If middle income voters want to hang on to their money and see it grow, they will vote for Romney.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:24 PM

7,542 posts, read 11,583,409 times
Republicans as a hole say they want to fix this economy but they really have no solid plain to fix this economy. How can Romney fix the economy by killing EPA Media Care Media Caid and bringing back the Bush tax cuts for the %1 the Bush tax cuts failed 10x over. Killing everything under the sun and rich get tax breaks while everyone else taxes will go up 7% to 15% will not fix jack in 5 billion years sorry

Old 06-06-2012, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Republicans as a hole say they want to fix this economy but they really have no solid plain to fix this economy. How can Romney fix the economy by killing EPA Media Care Media Caid and bringing back the Bush tax cuts for the %1 the Bush tax cuts failed 10x over. Killing everything under the sun and rich get tax breaks while everyone else taxes will go up 7% to 15% will not fix jack in 5 billion years sorry
They have been selling the same snake oil for years. I didn't work under Bush and it won't work now.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:19 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,523,442 times
Your lack of understanding history and economics and reality is quite amusing. Good luck with your life and blind loyalty to those who actually are the ones that brought you to this state of affairs and it wasn't the GOP.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:16 PM

7,542 posts, read 11,583,409 times
Bush caused this mess Obama is trying to fix it but the republicans are not letting it happen they want this country to be a 3rd world country. Stop claiming that Faux Snooz & Rush are the area the truth **** already with the fake BS already it just showing how retarded yall are

Old 06-06-2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Your lack of understanding history and economics and reality is quite amusing. Good luck with your life and blind loyalty to those who actually are the ones that brought you to this state of affairs and it wasn't the GOP.
I think you need to reverse the polarity on you reality filter.

But even if you did that, it would be false. Plenty of blame on both sides of the aisle for this state of affairs. That said, the laissez faire approaches of the GOP have been gobbling up the seed corn for decades. Corporations, by definition care only about profit. Societies involve a lot more than that. I have been watching, since the 1970s, and the far right has pushed us further and further right each decade, creating more inequality, more corporate dominance, larger deficits, and less humanity. The model has not worked. Your typical person starting out now is living in a quite different world from someone starting out 30 years ago, and Obama had nothing to do with that.

Old 06-07-2012, 05:44 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,683,872 times
Quote:
Quote:
Bush caused this mess Obama is trying to fix it but the republicans are not letting it happen they want this country to be a 3rd world country. Stop claiming that Faux Snooz & Rush are the area the truth **** already with the fake BS already it just showing how retarded yall are
Who's the 'retarded' one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections