Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2012, 06:59 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,206,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
See, this is why you get laughed at.. Even if the Huffington POS story was true, how does a state Governor, throw out federal law?

Come on Who.. think before you post garbage. Are you not smart enough to read these stories and find the lies in them without someone else pointing them out to you?
Didn't read the story, again?

" Among other provisions, it allows individuals to plead their cases in the less costly, more accessible state circuit court system, rather than just in federal court."

I know you hate the source, but news is news, when has HUFF ever reported an false story? What facts in this story are demonstrably false?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 07:04 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Didn't read the story, again?

" Among other provisions, it allows individuals to plead their cases in the less costly, more accessible state circuit court system, rather than just in federal court."

I know you hate the source, but news is news, when has HUFF ever reported an false story? What facts in this story are demonstrably false?
You didnt answer the question either because simply changing what court the case is being heard in, doesnt allow one to ignore federal law. In fact, the opposite would be true because if you have a pay dispute, and the state courts are far more easily accessible, (which they are), this would make it easier to sue for pay discrimination, not harder.

But hey, dont let facts stand in your way, because you read in on the Huffington POS. Yes, I'm attacking them because its the Huffington POS, and because the story MAKES NO SENSE TO ANYONE WHO CAN THINK..

Again, how does a governor, overrule federal law?

Last edited by pghquest; 06-06-2012 at 07:20 AM..

Old 06-06-2012, 07:06 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,485,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
Well this put a little damper on my morning. Not shocked at the result, though.
Yeah, what a shame that Wisconsin now has a budget surplus.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:13 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,297,652 times
Walker supporter living in Detroit area sneaks onto bus convoy to nullify a Barrett vote, like a boss.

EYEWITNESS ALLEGES DEMOCRAT UNION VOTE FRAUD IN WISCONSIN - Wisconsin Recall Election - Fox Nation

Old 06-06-2012, 07:18 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,297,652 times
Drama queen.

The Most Disappointed Barrett Supporter In Wisconsin - YouTube

Old 06-06-2012, 07:22 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,515,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Because they are a bunch of babies.

Look at W. Bush's first election. When the Supreme Court voted in favor of Roe vs. Wade it is a great noble group. It is the law of the land, blah, blah, blah. But, when the court rules NOT in their favor, oh my God, it is the worst court in the world. The election was stolen.

Face it, they are the worst sore looser's we have ever seen.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:22 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,259,864 times
^That guy is over the top but he invested a lot (i.e., time) into this election for... I am not sure what exactly. I like how CNN immediately calls him a 'blue collar worker' though, as only to amplify the class divide I suppose. Of course, the Republicans lost the majority in the state senate, which is not being too much emphasized this morning.

Nevertheless, the win for Walker is a convincing one and one that shows the ground game for Republicans is strong even in a state won by Obama by double digits in 2008. I personally think WI is officially a 'swing state' and though Romney's chances of winning are still ~30-40%, the Obama campaign will be forced to spend money there.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:25 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,687,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Yeah, what a shame that Wisconsin now has a budget surplus.
...and individual school districts are saving hundreds of thousands of dollars a year because of Walker. School districts no longer are forced to buy teachers health care insurance thru the union. state-wide, the school districts are saving millions a year, which means the unions were over charging them tens of millions over the past decade.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:27 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,515,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
To all the poor doormat not-quite-real-citizens women of Wisconsin.

You were stupid enough to vote for a group who now can legally pay you less for doing the same(or better) job than the man working next to you (BUT you'll PAY THE SAME TAX RATE because yes, Wisconsinites will still have to pay taxes even if the turds don't see the necessity or responsibility of being an American citizen)).

You, women, have lost your full citizenship(except for that paying taxes part).

You are now considered less than human and you, in your abject stupidity , do not see where this is headed.

Hope you don't get beaten or raped.....laws against those things will also go backwards into the 20th century.

Hope you don't care about equality in divorce laws....you're headed towards the 20th century...

Sorry to see such stupidity and apathy in the women of Wisconsin but it IS the state whose cultural center is Wisconsin Dells That explains a lot and why the Koch brothers were so successful...
Still nursing that bitterness and fearing the Koch boogeymen, I see. Need some antacid for that sour tummy?

Oh, the "war in women" thing? Everyone with half a brain sees through that pig swill.

This emotional appeal is as stupid as the tearful guy's histrionics that "democracy died" last night. This is a political "leave Britney alone!!" moment and nothing more.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:28 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
^That guy is over the top but he invested a lot (i.e., time) into this election for... I am not sure what exactly. I like how CNN immediately calls him a 'blue collar worker' though, as only to amplify the class divide I suppose. Of course, the Republicans lost the majority in the state senate, which is not being too much emphasized this morning.

Nevertheless, the win for Walker is a convincing one and one that shows the ground game for Republicans is strong even in a state won by Obama by double digits in 2008. I personally think WI is officially a 'swing state' and though Romney's chances of winning are still ~30-40%, the Obama campaign will be forced to spend money there.
I think most must consider WI a swing state now, no longer totally blue. Yes, the odds do still favor Obama, but yesterday certainly was not helpful to him. Too many people are still having trouble understanding, the American people are tapped out: We need to get our financual house in order and if that hurts some, including union workers, so be it. This is waht people in WI are realizing and many throughout the country.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections