Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2012, 10:54 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,842,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm willing to bet some of the taxpayers are middle class, or dont they count?

Please list these expenses..
The only real thing we can pass down to our children is a good education and a livable environment. Walker is pissing on both thereby leaving crap to the children of that state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 10:55 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
No one thinks Romney even has a chance in California. To say romney wont win there, isnt really news.
I think we have lost communication some how. I have never claimed or made any reference to Romney winning in Ca except the primary. I have no idea what you are referring to by your comments. My remarks were addressed at the lack of coverage this morning. The only thing that seemed to make the news was the Walker recall. Of course that was number 1, but normally, primaries are covered regardless, at least to some degree.

Nita

Old 06-06-2012, 10:57 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Probably becuz YOU'RE OFF TOPIC.
Nope, look at the heading of the thread: recall and other primary news: where am I off topic?

Old 06-06-2012, 11:03 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,164,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
Yes, because they are mostly ex-Minnesotans who were living in the Twin Cities before they crossed the state line into WI for lower real estate prices.
BS! Historically Wisconsin real estate taxes have been higher and I know because I looked into buying in Wisconsin(NOT NOW!).

But you're free to prove that even though KochWalker has created jobs for EVERY Wisconisn resident they still like spending money on gas to drive to Minnesota.

Maybe there are some women with brains left in Wisconsin(I doubt it but...) who want equal pay for equal work and have to LEAVE Wisconsoin to find a place where they are treated as fully human and full citizens....can't in Wisconsin!

Old 06-06-2012, 11:04 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,506,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The only real thing we can pass down to our children is a good education and a livable environment. Walker is pissing on both thereby leaving crap to the children of that state.
oh??

is walker LOWERING the standards in schools (set federally)????

nope..he is just asking teachers to do their jobs....pay for performance.....but the teachers unions would rather hold the taxpayer HOSTAGE and give non-performing teachers a 8% hike, while EVERYONE else is taking pay cuts

the people of wisconsin spoke..unions go home

Old 06-06-2012, 11:21 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,206,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
The exit polls also showed a 50/50 race.....and look at what happened....

Do you think the people of WI were BSing the news people?
No, but apparently you're BSing again. The exit polls were not 50%/50%. CNN had it 53%/46%. CNN Exit Poll: Wisconsin Governor Recall Election – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Old 06-06-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
BS! Historically Wisconsin real estate taxes have been higher and I know because I looked into buying in Wisconsin(NOT NOW!).

Maybe there are some women with brains left in Wisconsin(I doubt it but...) who want equal pay for equal work and have to LEAVE Wisconsoin to find a place where they are treated as fully human and full citizens....can't in Wisconsin!
let's see

the past year

minnesota gained 14k jobs........wisconsin gained 26k jobs

and let's look at taxes

minne...sales 6.85.......wisc 5%
minne..income 5.35-7.85....wisc 4.6-7.75

Old 06-06-2012, 11:29 AM

1,182 posts, read 1,140,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
No, Greg, I believe the people of Wisconsin finally woke up to the inherent corruption that public sector collective "bargaining" represents. When private sector unions sit down to bargain they sit on one side of the table and represent the interests of their members. The company sits on the other side of the table and represents the interests of the ownership of the company. That's bargaining as it should be.

But that's not what happens when public sector unions sit down to "bargain." They sit down on one side of the table and represent their members. But guess what. The negotiators for the owners, i.e., the taxpayers, sit on the same side of the table as the unions. Why is that? Because the government negotiators, particularly when they're Democrats, are bought and paid for by union campaign money. In effect, no one represents the interests of taxpayers in these "bargaining" sessions. To the contrary the Dems and the union bosses collude against the interests of the taxpayers. That is the corruption that the people of Wisconsin voted to end last night.
I agree with you in that is a problem with public employee unions. But the answer is not to take away worker rights. The better answer to deal with that is to BAN political activity by public employee unions such as AFSME.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
No, but apparently you're BSing again. The exit polls were not 50%/50%. CNN had it 53%/46%. CNN Exit Poll: Wisconsin Governor Recall Election – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
oh??

Wisconsin Exit Polls Say 50-50 Tie! - Forbes

CNN exit polls show a dead heat between Gov. Scott Walker (R) and challenger Tom Barrett (D), 50% to 50%.
cnn.archive

9.04 pm: The first exit poll from Wisconsin – according to CNN – shows a 50/50 split between Scott Walker and Tom Barrett.
First Exit Poll Data From Wisconsin Shows New Voters For Barrett--UPDATED | Crooks and Liars

Old 06-06-2012, 11:33 AM

46,322 posts, read 27,145,187 times
Quote:

Gee, how can the same CNN have 2 different opinions?

CNN says exit polls show Wisconsin recall election tied - Yahoo! News

CNN says exit polls show Wisconsin recall election tied | Reuters

CHerry pick what you want, I can do the same.....

Keep crying....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections