Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 01:16 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,206,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Do you understand that the exit poll data right after the polls close is really rough--not everything is in--and that they wait to get everything in later in the night before they formalize them?
They sampled three times during the day. The final late sampling was added to the earlier samples at or after poll closure at 8. Early exit polls never showed walker behind, but they were inside the margin of error.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 01:20 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,211,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Do you understand that CNN reported it as "tied" based on the exit polling?

Maybe you can explain whether you libs ever get tired of lying?
I'm going to try to explain this as simply as possible. When they report exit polling RIGHT AFTER the polls close, or while they are still open, not all of the data is there. People who work 9-5, people who are retired, and people who are students are each more likely to vote for different parties, and they also are more likely to vote at different times. If you rush to get the numbers out while the vote is still going on or right after the polls close, your numbers aren't going to be accurate. They become much more accurate later as you get all the data in. Go look at the CNN articles you linked--they're from right when the polls closed. That's what we're trying to tell you. If you'd actually listen to someone for once before just automatically blabbering about things you don't understand, you might actually learn something.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
They sampled three times during the day. The final late sampling was added to the earlier samples at or after poll closure at 8. Early exit polls never showed walker behind, but they were inside the margin of error.
Are you sure they had the data in by then? His link (I looked quickly so if I'm wrong, my apologies) did have it at 50/50% around 8 pm on CNN, but they may have updated the actual real numbers but not the articles at that point.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:24 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,963,327 times
Quote:
I'm going to try to explain this as simply as possible. When they report exit polling RIGHT AFTER the polls close, or while they are still open, not all of the data is there. People who work 9-5, people who are retired, and people who are students are each more likely to vote for different parties, and they also are more likely to vote at different times. If you rush to get the numbers out while the vote is still going on or right after the polls close, your numbers aren't going to be accurate. They become much more accurate later as you get all the data in. Go look at the CNN articles you linked--they're from right when the polls closed. That's what we're trying to tell you. If you'd actually listen to someone for once before just automatically blabbering about things you don't understand, you might actually learn something.
Let me break it down for you mb1547, since you obviously still don't get it.

Tell me if the following sentence is true or false:

CNN reported that the race was tied based on exit polls.

Your choices are:

1. Yes

or

2. No

Old 06-06-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Odd, Oblama's campaign manager Jim Messina just said Wisconsin is a toss-up:

Update from Jim Messina: Polls, Grassroots Organizing, Electoral Votes, and Registering Voters - YouTube

I don't blame you for not believing anything pushed by the Oblama campaign. All they do is lie.
What are the democrats going to say while the polls are still open--that they're losing? Do you really understand this little about elections?

Old 06-06-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:

Your choices are:

1. Yes

or

2. No
And you're basing that number on early samples that were released--not on the final numbers. Why is this so hard for you to understand? The final CNN exit poll mirrors the final vote tally. You just keep arguing for the sake of arguing. The final exit poll was very accurate--the earlier numbers, not so much.

I know you're really young--you've said here that you're still in HS--but do your parents know you act like this?

Old 06-06-2012, 01:31 PM

20,478 posts, read 12,398,694 times
sounds like another Prog channeling Bagdad Bob in hopes to convince everyone that what has happened didnt happen or what did happen was really what should happen....

Sorry. What happened last night is Progs everywhere were repudiated. Progressive is a by-word. Liberal is a perjoritive. using the word Union will get a kids mouth washed out with soap.

It is a good day to be an American.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:32 PM

45,454 posts, read 60,666,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post

The banking industry has now also devised schemes to fleece tax payers even more for their money. Instead of financing project with locked in interest rates on 10-30 year bonds like what used to be typical (so states could gradually accumulate money to pay off debt), banks now sell "auction rate securities" to states, investments completely inappropriate for public investors. Instead of locked in rates, these auction rate securities breaks up debt into short 30 to 90 day intervals. At the end of the interval, the loan must basically be refinanced. Banks argue that short term interest rates are usually lower than longer term fixed interest rates, so less should be paid................
You've given some examples of dumb investments and an apparent case of bribery.

I can tell you, though, that my Town, County nor State float 30 day bonds. The last bond we did was last year for a Public Works building at around 3.6% for 15 years with the ability to refinance after 6 months for a lower rate.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:01 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,206,327 times
Quote:

Your choices are:

1. Yes

or

2. No
You still haven't produced on citation where CNN actually called it 50%/50%. They called it 52%/48% early in the day. FYI, 52%/48% is within the margin of error and some secondary sources may call that a virtual tie, but as any adult know early polling is never spot on.

If what the other poster said is true and you're still in HS you really need to grow up and get a few election behind you. You're being childish, blog posts and opinion pieces aren't FACT, are largely nonsense and posts here are even further from FACT. What some Blogger said at noon on Tuesday has little credibility then and little value 24 hours later.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:06 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,963,327 times
Quote:
And you're basing that number on early samples that were released--not on the final numbers. Why is this so hard for you to understand? The final CNN exit poll mirrors the final vote tally. You just keep arguing for the sake of arguing. The final exit poll was very accurate--the earlier numbers, not so much.

I know you're really young--you've said here that you're still in HS--but do your parents know you act like this?
Yes or no - answer the question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections