Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 09:12 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,536,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Hmmm....

A President with no soul - who donated $3 million dollars to charity last year.

Keep watching MSNBC.

By the way, Obama's calculator only has a plus button. No minus button.
Show me the map then of mitts victory path?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 09:23 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,195,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
The DNC keeps flinging stuff at Romney - and nothing seems to stick.
War on Women - failed.
Attack venture capitalism - failed.

Everything Obama does fails and a lot of Democrat leaders are jumping ship. Obama has made enemies with unions and the economy ain't gettin' any better. Barack has 5 months to convince the unemployed that he is their man. I don't see it happening.
Much of the things being thrown back and forth right now is just to test the waters. The campaign hasn't really started yet.

In terms of Democratic leaders? Who are you talking about? Enemies of the unions? Do you think union folks are going to vote for Republicans right now after public sectors unions just got gutted in WI? The economy is growing. I'm not sure why you'd say it wasn't. True, most people are stupid enough to blame the sitting President for the economic conditions, but they've greatly improved.

It's going to be a competitive election no doubt, but things are just getting started. Obama definitely has work cut out for him, but I don't think it's solely the unemployed that he's hoping to have vote for him.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:41 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,574,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Much of the things being thrown back and forth right now is just to test the waters. The campaign hasn't really started yet.

In terms of Democratic leaders? Who are you talking about? Enemies of the unions? Do you think union folks are going to vote for Republicans right now after public sectors unions just got gutted in WI? The economy is growing. I'm not sure why you'd say it wasn't. True, most people are stupid enough to blame the sitting President for the economic conditions, but they've greatly improved.

It's going to be a competitive election no doubt, but things are just getting started. Obama definitely has work cut out for him, but I don't think it's solely the unemployed that he's hoping to have vote for him.
Many of the swing states are turning around. What is Romney's strategy for campaigning in these states?

Trash the economy that's turning around.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:42 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,562,839 times
Default I Think Obama Is In Big Trouble

I don't.

The more we see and learn of Romney, the better Obama looks.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:42 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,358,198 times
Yes, Obama is in trouble because his domestic record is dismal and his handlers know it. That's why they are flinging the childish poo at Romney.

The best part of his administration has been the adoption of the Bush agenda in fighting terrorism, drone wars, keeping Gitmo open, rendition, and allowing Bush's negotiated end of the Iraq War schedule to go as planned.

Unfortunately, Obama's "surge" in Afghanistan has failed.

But war isn't on the table for this election, it's the economy. No amount of sunshine pumping and fake numbers can sugar coat that turd .... except for the diehard partisans.

Having said all that, I'm not voting for Romney either.

This country has already passed the point of no return towards bankruptcy, and neither party can fix it. A pox on both their houses.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:44 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,523,118 times
Oh boy, are the lefties in this thread deluded. obama is a man of the people??????????

Old 06-07-2012, 09:50 AM

1,225 posts, read 2,421,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Many of the swing states are turning around. What is Romney's strategy for campaigning in these states?

Trash the economy that's turning around.
The economy is not turning around..Ol Ben is thinking about throwing around more fake money for QE3.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:55 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,523,118 times
Nothing is "turning around" in fact but more importantly, nothing is turning around in anyone's mind except the desperate far left loons.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:59 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,456,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
This isn't about rich versus poor. It's about connecting with people of all types, genders, backgrounds and race. JFK was rich but he also cared about the "little people" as Romney would say. There is nothing wrong with being privileged but as the POTUS, you are leading people from all walks of life and socio-economic backgrounds. I personally, don't despise Romney, I just feel he is so disconnected from average, everyday working Americans.
And Obama plays game still about race. Obama could not be more disconnected with all walks of life, smiles yes, charms everyone yes, but connecting all the dots, nope he has not done this, and won't do this.

Where did he come from, what was his background, do we even know, do you even care! Has the black community not been hurt by unemployment are college grads, finding jobs, are middle age being let go.
You say Romeny will be disconnected, i don't think so, i see as someone who truly wants to get this economy and people back on track.
And once you sit in the WH it is not about rich or poor any more, it is about what the person can and will do for our Country, to make us better, someone we can believe in, and trust and someone who makes us proud.
That is not Obama.
Obama talked a very good game before being elected, and thereafter. But for all of those who happen to be unemployed since Obama has been in office, all of you and i know many you lost homes and their jobs, college grads, not being able to pay off their loans, but yet cannot find a job, businesses we know shutting doors, or a good portion of their stores. The worse housing crisis we have experienced in such a long long time, and lasting for way too long. With no ending in sight, will get they say worse. This is not the Hope n' Change garbage that was promised to us. If you think so, you obviously don't live in the real world.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:28 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Show me the map then of mitts victory path?

I don't know where you live, but if Lefties like you think that the country is improving, you're mistaken. Unless maybe you live in Texas.

I would imagine that you hate Texas. So, you can't possibly live there.

There are about 100 electoral votes between the secure votes for both Romney and Obama. Swing states will make the election final.

Colorado, Iowa, Ohio, Virginia, North Carolina and Florida will vote for Romney. That's 78 electoral votes.

And that's enough to put the welfare President out of office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections