Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2012, 06:00 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Check out this link if you still do not believe in cold hard facts you are trolling really hard or your racist

What the **** has Obama done so far?
That site has become the most ridiculous site on the web. Many of those items have already been disputed as lies, or not even accomplishments.

Seriously man, did you even look at the items listed, and are you able to think for yourself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 06:07 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Romney has no clue what the average, everyday working American goes through. He doesn't even know how much a gallon of milk costs. Romney is for corporations because "they are people too." Romney's foreign policy hinges on starting a cold war with "the Soviets" as if we are re-living 1982. Mark my words, he will lose in November. He has to win too many swing states to even squeak out a victory. It's not gonna happen.
Do you remember this from the 2008 election?

“Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?” Obama asked an Iowa crowd in 2007. I had to Google “arugula” to discover it’s a leafy substitute for lettuce in trendy restaurant salads. Most people don’t shop at Whole Foods (which specializes in “organic” foods and other environmentally-fashionable products). And most women, I suspect, aren’t looking for a presidential candidate who reminds them more of their high school French teacher than of John F. Kennedy."

http://www.humanevents.com/2008/08/1...s-arugula-gap/

Old 06-08-2012, 06:36 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,962,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Do you remember this from the 2008 election?

“Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?” Obama asked an Iowa crowd in 2007. I had to Google “arugula” to discover it’s a leafy substitute for lettuce in trendy restaurant salads. Most people don’t shop at Whole Foods (which specializes in “organic” foods and other environmentally-fashionable products). And most women, I suspect, aren’t looking for a presidential candidate who reminds them more of their high school French teacher than of John F. Kennedy."

Obama’s Arugula Gap - Conservative News, Views & Books
I don't understand your line of reasoning regarding arugula. Is it that you are saying that if Obama eats trendy foods he must be for the fat-cats? For me, determining how a candidate comes down on the actual issues is a far better predictor of how that candidate will form policy than using food as a measure. GW Bush was thought to be a guy people would like to have a beer with. Yet, his policies were tilted far towards the wealthy and corporations.

Obama might like arugula (and JFK owned yachts) but both clearly put in place policies that favor the working person over elite interests.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:47 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I don't understand your line of reasoning regarding arugula. Is it that you are saying that if Obama eats trendy foods he must be for the fat-cats?
He wasnt eating trendy foods, he had to google to find out what it was..

Old 06-08-2012, 07:05 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,962,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
He wasnt eating trendy foods, he had to google to find out what it was..
Then I don't get the point at all.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:34 AM

1,225 posts, read 2,421,719 times
So what if a president comes from money..So did GWB and look what he did. If Romney can help turn around the economy I dont care how much money he has. I dont think he has ever done / said anyting to imply he does not support working people..

Old 06-08-2012, 07:43 AM

39,086 posts, read 51,273,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novadhd5150 View Post
So what if a president comes from money..So did GWB and look what he did. If Romney can help turn around the economy I dont care how much money he has. I dont think he has ever done / said anyting to imply he does not support working people..
Romney can't turn around the economy any more than Obama can. What is he going to do, bail out European economies that are in trouble? It is simply ridiculous to expect that the president of the US can change global economics substantially. What one would vote for Romney for is that he stands (we think) for smaller government and fiscal discipline while the Dems see a larger role for government in dealing with the nation's problems. Neither man can do much for the world's economy but talk about it.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:44 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,387,740 times
Conservative voters will have to mull over the one pressing question they will have in November.
That question is "Who do I hate more, a black president or a Mormon?

Old 06-08-2012, 07:44 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,565,921 times
Cool Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Romney...

Born into a family of multi-millionaires. Spent his entire life living in luxury and privilege. Was strongly in favor fo the Vietnam War as long as "little people" were being killed, crippled, and blinded. Now speaks strongly in favor of action against Iran, as long as none of his five strong healthy sons is at risk of serving.

Made a career of shutting down American manufacturers and laying off thousands of workers, but touts this business experience as just what America needs right now to get the economy back on track.

Yeah, Romney...

Another richy rich boy who was given every advantage in life and continually speaks disdainfully of everyone who's less fortunate as though they exist solely for his amusement.

Go ahead, GOP. Convince me that he should be president. This is all you've got?

The more we see of Romney, the better Obama looks.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:55 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,360,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Obama is taking heat for things beyond his control from his name to the problems conservative economic "solutions" are causing in Europe. If the world economy does not improve in a few months, he will be in serious trouble. Should that happen, he should step down at the convention and call on the delegates to support Hillary Clinton as the nominee. Clinton would be a lock. We simply can not afford to have the tea partiers, evangelicals, war mongers, and racists take over this country as will happen if Romney is elected.
Neither Obama nor Hillary are going to reverse the downward spiral of this country's government. They are both corrupt tools of Wall Street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections