Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2012, 12:57 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,523,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
And the stupidity on the right. And I'm the poor dumb ass in the middle.
Please give us examples, not leftwing talking point, examples of stupidity on the right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 12:59 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,523,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
You saying that Mitt has changed positions on a few issues, is like saying someone is halfway pregnant. LOL. On almost every major issue, he has changed positions. From healthcare to the bail out, it's been hard to get a good feeling on where he stands. I think he is a likeabkle guy but out of touch with everyday working Americans. I don't fault him for being rich but he tries to hard to fit in. You can see it in his interviews. He is desperately trying to make an impression with a soundbite and it turns into disaster. Saying idiot things like..."I'm unemployed too"... "Let Detroit go bankrupt".... "$300,000 is not a lot of money." His media team needs to be fired.
Give it up, you're losing the argument.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:59 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,939,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Please give us examples, not leftwing talking point, examples of stupidity on the right.
Check the forum posts.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:03 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,168,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The choice isnt spend more on education, or military..

oh for gods sakes its impossible to take people like you seriously when you babble on with these lies. There have been no cuts in education spending.

What lies? How many times has the "Get rid of the NEA" mantra been brought up by conservatives? Let's keep it honest. And you say that there isn't a choice between education or the military but I don't see conservatives moaning about making any cuts in defense. We have 11 carrier groups and the rest of the world has 5. When are republicans going to finally acknowledge that it's a waste of money to continue to spend billions of dollars in this arena when we need to be making serious cuts. I haven't seen one post from you or any other conservatives on this board suggesting this. The price of one f22 can feed the entire free lunch program for the U.S. for an entire year. I would rather my tax dollars go to educating and feeding our kids than to make another bomb or missile we don't need.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:03 PM

20,476 posts, read 12,398,694 times
Quote:
You saying that Mitt has changed positions on a few issues, is like saying someone is halfway pregnant. LOL. On almost every major issue, he has changed positions. From healthcare to the bail out, it's been hard to get a good feeling on where he stands. I think he is a likeabkle guy but out of touch with everyday working Americans. I don't fault him for being rich but he tries to hard to fit in. You can see it in his interviews. He is desperately trying to make an impression with a soundbite and it turns into disaster. Saying idiot things like..."I'm unemployed too"... "Let Detroit go bankrupt".... "$300,000 is not a lot of money." His media team needs to be fired.
meh...

you ignoring the FACT that Mr. Obama has been president for 3.5 years and has failed to get the economy going speaks volumes.

This election cycle is about the job Mr. Obama has done as president. He has failed by every measure you can pick, including his own words.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:04 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Repubs certainly DO want to privatize education, along with everything else, and have said so! Who are you listening to?
Privatizing education wont make the cost disappear. Do you think people will teach for free, or the buildings will magically appear?

Old 06-15-2012, 01:05 PM

20,476 posts, read 12,398,694 times
Quote:
What lies? How many times has the "Get rid of the NEA" mantra been brought up by conservatives? Let's keep it honest. And you say that there isn't a choice between education or the military but I don't see conservatives moaning about making any cuts in defense. We have 11 carrier groups and the rest of the world has 5. When are republicans going to finally acknowledge that it's a waste of money to continue to spend billions of dollars in this arena when we need to be making serious cuts. I haven't seen one post from you or any other conservatives on this board suggesting this. The price of one f22 can feed the entire free lunch program for the U.S. for an entire year. I would rather my tax dollars go to educating and feeding our kids than to make another bomb or missile we don't need.
the NEA is not a cut in education. the NEA is a union....
NEA - NEA Home

Old 06-15-2012, 01:07 PM

7,542 posts, read 11,583,409 times
Talking to these Romney trolling is like talking to a brick wall they do not want to hear anything else but the biggest lies ever from Faux News & Rush. People with common since know Obama is gonna win & his jobs bill will pass and this country will be moving in the right direction

Old 06-15-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Give it up, you're losing the argument.
Ed,

No sir. Everything I posted is a fact my Californian friend. Like Bob Marley said...."You'll see the light." LOL

Old 06-15-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
the NEA is not a cut in education. the NEA is a union....
NEA - NEA Home

TYPO -I meant DOE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections