Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2012, 02:02 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,168,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
1. stating that someone doesn’t care about the 99% is an utter lie when compared to the fact that the man in question has CREATED tens of thousands of middle class jobs.
2. Mr. Obama has not gotten America out of Iraq, has not ended the war in Afghanistan, has caused relations with Pakistan to crumble and has done nothing to slow Iran from gaining nuclear weapons.
Suggesting that Mitt wants to "start two wars" in light of this reality is just silly.
3. As for Mitts plan to cut the debt? really? Mr Obama has accrued fully 1/3rd of the debt America has accrued in 230 odd years of existence. He has done so in just 3 years. and You complain about Mitt's not having a plan? Really? REally? REAlly?

At this point I think I am going to declare debate victory over you.

Do you really feel that Romney has a connection with average, everyday working Americans? Do you think he has his finger on the pulse of their struggles based on his statements and interviews? Like I said, he sems like a decent guy. I just don't feel he has my best interest at heart and I'm upper middle class.

Last edited by DC's Finest; 06-15-2012 at 02:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
1. It was tax cuts for everyone that pays taxes, not just "the rich."
2. How did tax cuts "destroy" the middle class? Allowing people to keep more of their own money destroys the middle class? Illogical conclusion.
Really? So, I guess we are going to play dumb? Even Warren Buffett has complained that the rich aren't taxed percentage wise as much as the middle class. Let's start with that? How about Romney's interests lie with corporate America because "Corporations are people too." The American working man has been reduced to nothing under the interest of people like Mitt Romney who's mantra is "Profits over People." What happened to investing back into people and the small towns that make up the bulk of this country? Romney would sell his soul for a profit.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:12 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
Seriously DJBoutit? you are going to trot out that discredited diatribe?
Any coincidence that its Obama supporters who always post data thats already proven wrong?

Old 06-15-2012, 02:12 PM

20,476 posts, read 12,398,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Fred works for the works for the Romney camp in some way or his is making $500k+ a yer and would die for the taxes breaks for the super rich
It is Ferd. And I really wish I did. I think I would be better than 99% of the cranks working for Romney right now.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Any coincidence that its Obama supporters who always post data thats already proven wrong?
I guess you aren't going to respond to my other, other post about starting with military cuts huh? Selective posting at its finest. LOL

Old 06-15-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Do you really feel that Romney has a connection with average, everyday working Americans? Do you think he has his finger on the pulse of their struggles based on his statements and interviews? Like I said, he sems like a decent guy. I just don't feel he has my best interest at heart and I'm upper middle class.

I dont care if the President has a connection with average everyday working Americans. I care that the president understands how economies work in the real world and that they know what it takes to create an environment where an economy can be healthy.

Mr. Obama may have just recently paid off his college loans, but he has proven a failure at understanding how econonomies work.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:19 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
I guess you aren't going to respond to my other, other post about starting with military cuts huh? Selective posting at its finest. LOL
I didnt see the other posting, but I also dont oppose military cuts, but even if I did, whats that have to do with the cost of education.. Thats right.

NOTHING...

Old 06-15-2012, 02:19 PM

7,542 posts, read 11,583,409 times
Romney hates everyone that is not the 1% check these 2 videos

msnbc.com Video Player

msnbc.com Video Player

Old 06-15-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
You asked about a policy and I gave you one. Don't try and spin it. Republicans want tax cuts for the rich. Why would anyone making under $100,000 vote for a guy like Romney? Seriously, he has gone on record many times saying (directly and indirectly) that he doesn't care too much for poor people. His policies in Mass crippled the middle class there. He outsourced thousands of jobs and raised taxes. He inherited a stable situation and when he left, the state ranked 47 in job creation.

SPIN???? What the mater? you dont want to answer the question?

There is no spin. YOU named the REPUBLICAN policy of Tax cuts for the rich.

but that policy is LAW and that LAW was codified by the 111th congress which was controled by democrats, and SIGNED into law by Barak Hussain Obama... who then bragged about how awesome it was.

I gave you his quote!

Dont tell me I am spinning anything. The spin is that Obama doesnt WANT tax rates where they are. first he knows raising taxes will hurt the economy and second he knows raising taxes will get rid of his wedge issue.

Youve been played and you dont even know it.

Now lets get down to business. Name me a republican policy that has hurt the American economy.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
I dont care if the President has a connection with average everyday working Americans. I care that the president understands how economies work in the real world and that they know what it takes to create an environment where an economy can be healthy.

Mr. Obama may have just recently paid off his college loans, but he has proven a failure at understanding how econonomies work.
Like the Mass economy? How can Romney defend his record and attack Obama? It's going to be comical. And, your President should have an inkling of an idea what everyday Americans are going through. You need to watch this show called "Undercover Boss." All the CEO's readily admit that it's an eye opening experience to see what the workers have to deal with. They immediately implement changes for the better. Without that insight, you can't begin to help the people more forward. Or maybe Romney doesn't care. Something to chew on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections