Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 12:10 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,587,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Nothing.

wade52 chooses to use anti-gay slurs to bash Republicans.

As I've already shown (and you choose to conveniently ignore) the tea people named themselves.

1st... "We're the teabaggers!"
Next... "Uh, wait. What?"
Now... "Teabagger is an insult!"

Quote:
I do not appreciate the bigotry.
It's so amusing to watch the intolerant demand tolerance. While they try to forget what they named themselves.

Not racist

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 12:29 PM

26,529 posts, read 15,102,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
As I've already shown (and you choose to conveniently ignore) the tea people named themselves.

I did not ignore this point. Are you not reading my posts or are you lying? I clearly said:

"Yes, many Tea Party members called themselves "tea baggers" until they knew what it meant. Even President Obama called them "tea baggers" once. However, the adults stopped calling themselves/them tea baggers after it was established what it meant and a few people had a chuckle."

As I already told you: "Teabagger is a derogatory term used by immature teenagers to describe gay men. I would appreciate it if you would avoid using being gay as an insult."

When you, wade52, use being gay as an insult, you add to the problem. Being gay should never be used as a derogatory term. It is not funny.

Quote:
It's so amusing to watch the intolerant demand tolerance. While they try to forget what they named themselves.

Not racist

I've never posted anything intolerant of gays on here. Or any race or religion as far as I am concerned. You have. Only a nitwit judges by an entire group and your strong generalizations of millions of people all as intolerant put you into that category.

So stop changing the subject. Look in a mirror before you blame countless others that you have never met, you are one of the people being intolerant. You finding some stupid completely unrelated website does not change the fact that you are being intolerant. I just want you to not use being gay as an insult, because one of my nicest students committed suicide from the pressures of being a lesbian in a society filled with intolerance. Please don't add to that intolerance. Is that really so much to ask from a liberal?

As Jon Stewart says, no one can mistake the term tea bagger for anything other than derogatory. It is part of the problem and wasn't funny for more than a day.

Jon Stewart Scolds Rachel Maddow and MSNBC for Saying 'Teabagger' - YouTube

Old 06-26-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
I did not ignore this point. Are you not reading my posts or are you lying? I clearly said:

"Yes, many Tea Party members called themselves "tea baggers" until they knew what it meant. Even President Obama called them "tea baggers" once. However, the adults stopped calling themselves/them tea baggers after it was established what it meant and a few people had a chuckle."

As I already told you: "Teabagger is a derogatory term used by immature teenagers to describe gay men. I would appreciate it if you would avoid using being gay as an insult."

When you, wade52, use being gay as an insult, you add to the problem. Being gay should never be used as a derogatory term. It is not funny.

I've never posted anything intolerant of gays on here. Or any race or religion as far as I am concerned. You have. Only a nitwit judges by an entire group and your strong generalizations of millions of people all as intolerant put you into that category.

So stop changing the subject. Look in a mirror before you blame countless others that you have never met, you are one of the people being intolerant. You finding some stupid completely unrelated website does not change the fact that you are being intolerant. I just want you to not use being gay as an insult, because one of my nicest students committed suicide from the pressures of being a lesbian in a society filled with intolerance. Please don't add to that intolerance. Is that really so much to ask from a liberal?

As Jon Stewart says, no one can mistake the term tea bagger for anything other than derogatory. It is part of the problem and wasn't funny for more than a day.

Jon Stewart Scolds Rachel Maddow and MSNBC for Saying 'Teabagger' - YouTube

Look, you're the only one referring to the term as an antigay insult.

I'm using it as an anti tea party insult. I could care less if they're gay. The fact they were for it before they were against it is precisely what makes it so perfect as a shining example of their collective hypocrisy.

If you want to go on about gay issues, please feel free. But it's off topic.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:

Not racist

Quote:
Look, you're the only one referring to the term as an antigay insult.

I'm using it as an anti tea party insult. I could care less if they're gay. The fact they were for it before they were against it is precisely what makes it so perfect as a shining example of their collective hypocrisy.

If you want to go on about gay issues, please feel free. But it's off topic.
You are only using the term because it is a derogatory term used to describe gays. You wouldn't be fixated on the term otherwise.

Why do you feel it necessary to use being gay as an insult. The adults on both sides of the aisle don't do that.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
You are only using the term because it is a derogatory term used to describe gays. You wouldn't be fixated on the term otherwise.

Why do you feel it necessary to use being gay as an insult. The adults on both sides of the aisle don't do that.

Seems to be you tea people who find it so insulting.

Why is that?

Old 06-26-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Seems to be you tea paeple who find it so insulting.

Why is that?
I am not in the Tea Party.

Seriously, answer the question. Why is it okay for you to use being gay as an insult?

Old 06-26-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
I am not in the Tea Party.
Sure.

But you're agressively taking up their cause because you don't identify with them.

Quote:
Seriously, answer the question. Why is it okay for you to use being gay as an insult?
You have a question to answer.

Why are you so obsessively off topic?

Old 06-26-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Sure.

But you're agressively taking up their cause because you don't identify with them.

You have a question to answer.

Why are you so obsessively off topic?
I am not taking up their cause. I am taking up the cause of not using being gay as an insult.

Why do you feel as a liberal it is acceptable to use being gay as an insult?

Old 06-26-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
I am not taking up their cause.
You most certainly are.

Quote:
I am taking up the cause of not using being gay as an insult.
Take it up with the tea party and tell them to stop being insulted, then. Because it's not an insult aimed at gays. It's hurled at the insult-throwing ignoramuses in the tea party. Who refer to themselves as teabaggers.

See?

Quote:
Why do you feel as a liberal it is acceptable to use being gay as an insult?
I feel the deilcious irony of the teaparty being so throughly annoyed at being referred to by their self-selected title.

BTW, is Glen Beck still the self-appointed teabagger in chief for the movement? He seems to have largely dropped out of sight since he was booted from Fox.

Now, back on topic.

What do you think of Dick Cheney's chances of being Romney's veep?

Old 06-26-2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
You most certainly are.

Take it up with the tea party and tell them to stop being insulted, then. Because it's not an insult aimed at gays. It's hurled at the insult-throwing ignoramuses in the tea party. Who refer to themselves as teabaggers.

See?

I feel the deilcious irony of the teaparty being so throughly annoyed at being referred to by their self-selected title.

BTW, is Glen Beck still the self-appointed teabagger in chief for the movement? He seems to have largely dropped out of sight since he was booted from Fox.

Now, back on topic.

What do you think of Dick Cheney's chances of being Romney's veep?
As a liberal why does wade52 feel it is acceptable to use being gay as an insult?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections