Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 10:59 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,506,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepthefaith View Post
Am I the only one that understands that Rudy G is a complete FRAUD as the Hero of 9/11? Does anyone remember what a poor job he was doing before 9/11? What are WE thinking America?! This guy is a disaster.

I think I would rather go ahead and pop my emergency cyanide capsule than give Rudy a vote........LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 11:17 PM

261 posts, read 623,052 times
Anthony B: You're right. Who can forget the Diallo case and his statement that it was "silliness".

I'm with you Jim. We will all need a pill.

I have a real problem with a man who was so disrespectful to his wife and family. Honestly, how can you expect him to have the best interest of The American Family in mind when he has so little respect for his own? He has been less than forthcoming about how and when his relationship with his current wife started. She has been less than forthcoming about her own past. She misrepresented to the media the number of times that she has been married (She said Two, It's been Three, I Believe). What a mess.

Bottomline: If you had a problem with Bill Clinton's behavior, how can you in good conscience vote for this man?

"But Guiliani wasn't the President at the time," you say. It matters. It's a slippery slope.
Why should Adultery be disregarded as a lesser evil and not an indictment of his poor moral foundation.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:11 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,474,303 times
Quote:
Am I the only one that understands that Rudy G is a complete FRAUD as the Hero of 9/11? Does anyone remember what a poor job he was doing before 9/11? What are WE thinking America?! This guy is a disaster.
NO! You are not the only one! I have been saying this guy is a fraud since the beginning. A lot of people cite his leadership after 9/11 as being a reason they would vote for him. His leadership after 9/11 was ADEQUATE not spectacular. He did what any mayor should do. Why people give so much praise to him FOR DOING HIS JOB, I don't know. Maybe they have low standards.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:33 AM

41,458 posts, read 60,007,217 times
Rudy Giuliani will do what is good for his pocketbook and ego. Surprise!

Old 09-28-2007, 10:40 AM

223 posts, read 605,814 times
WOW!

I was started to get discouraged about the general state of the American phsyche after reading a lot of the posts in this forum over the past few weeks.

This thread, however, has given me renewed faith in my fellow citizens...There ARE people out there that see through the BS and puppeterring that goes on - and good old Rudy G is a prime example.

His expoitation of 9/11 and the media's ignorance of this blatant fact speaks volumes about who is pulling the strings in almost every aspect of our lives. The truth - to hell with the truth, its all about playing on people's emotions - right?

Old 09-28-2007, 11:14 AM

68,410 posts, read 54,706,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlsteved View Post
WOW!

His expoitation of 9/11 and the media's ignorance of this blatant fact speaks volumes about who is pulling the strings in almost every aspect of our lives. The truth - to hell with the truth, its all about playing on people's emotions - right?

Unfortunately, that has become the accepted practice on both side of the aisle and we will all continue to pay the price, and political posturing doesn't come cheap

Old 11-03-2007, 11:05 AM

47 posts, read 409,807 times
Gooliani For President!

Old 11-03-2007, 03:03 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,845,256 times
Unhappy Sigh

Quote:
He is a disaster. Hilliary is a disaster. This country has been and will continue to be on a road to doom if/when either one of these people is elected president next year. Count on it.

Old 11-03-2007, 03:05 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,285,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
No, you're not the only one

If he somehow manages to parley his supposed 9/11 brilliance into the nomination I think we can expect to see a lengthy parade of skeletons leaving the closet
The skeletons are starting to emerge. Kerik's lawyers met with prosecutors yesterday to try and stave off an indictment. This is a lengthy article describing Rudy's relationship with Kerik, so I'll just post the link. Rudy is so much like bush in that he puts loyalty above competence. Do we really want another "Brownie, you're doing a good job" leader?
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/03/us...gewanted=print

Old 11-03-2007, 03:31 PM

5,756 posts, read 11,673,526 times
In retrospect, Bratton does seem to have a better crimefighting record than Rudy. After Bratton left for Los Angeles, the crime and murder rates in Los Angeles dropped under his tenure. After Rudy left to go do anti-crime consulting in Mexico City, the crime rate remained about the same. Rudy advocated a bunch of flashy but mostly ineffective policies such as dressing up Mexico City police as soldiers and having them go on high-profile raids. This made for good television footage, but it didn't do much for crime.

Bratton quietly implemented new computer systems, made shift assignments more responsive to where crime was happening or emerging, removed ineffective precinct captains from their posts, and expanded the range and depth of the statistics tracked by the department. These measures were quiet, but they worked.

Rudy seems to love flash and pomp. But without a skilled technocrat like Bratton to back him up, he doesn't fare that well.

What concerns me the most is the fact that his campaign foreign policy advisers are guys like Norman Podhoretz, who were DRASTICALLY wrong on issues like Iraq. He has surrounded himself with neocons, at a time when neoconservatism has proven itself quite disastrous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections