Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2012, 05:19 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,897,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Are you suggesting that we should be more interested in what Romney does with his money than what Obama does with our money. Think about it.

I don't know who started having people running for office show what should be a private paper between them and the government. I am not interested in seeing the tax return of any candidate. They could have one set of tax returns for the public and another set for themselves and the government. I want to know what they are going to do when they win the office.

It does concern me when a member of the senate gets on the senate floor and makes a statement he cannot back up. He is not a newspaper man and should have to tell his source. I learned a long time ago when some people say that someone has stated something; a lot of times the person who made the statement is the one talking. It is put up or shut up time.

What every American needs to be concerned with right now are some key pages in the health plan. When did we start rationing health care to our senior citizens in the country? When the Obamacare passed! So since Obama is not likely to want to get rid of Obamacare the person anyone that cares about their parents should vote for is anyone but Obama.
Please point those pages out. And, while your at it, please show us Romneyhood's tax info.

Old 08-07-2012, 05:21 AM

6,794 posts, read 5,682,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
No wonder the guy keeps his returns so close to his chest. A source within Bain called Harry Reid and said, ""Harry, he didn't pay any taxes for 10 years." Now how do you Romney-bots feel about your beloved candidate? Not only does he bungle diplomacy with three out of three countries, but he is so crooked he couldn't walk a straight line if there was a check for half a billion dollars waiting at the end. What has this country come to?

Harry Reid: Mitt Romney didn’t pay taxes for 10 years - 2chambers - The Washington Post
Better yet, how is Romney any different than any politician in Washington??? how? he is NOT! they are all the same including Obama!

Old 08-07-2012, 05:30 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,252,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
No wonder the guy keeps his returns so close to his chest. A source within Bain called Harry Reid and said, ""Harry, he didn't pay any taxes for 10 years." Now how do you Romney-bots feel about your beloved candidate? Not only does he bungle diplomacy with three out of three countries, but he is so crooked he couldn't walk a straight line if there was a check for half a billion dollars waiting at the end. What has this country come to?

Harry Reid: Mitt Romney didn’t pay taxes for 10 years - 2chambers - The Washington Post
If my memory is correct, from working at the IRS, I learned that it is a felony to leak out tax return information from individiuals without their concent.

If its true that he paid zero taxes, (and we all know its not), how do you feel about Harry Reid violating federal law?

Old 08-07-2012, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
If my memory is correct, from working at the IRS, I learned that it is a felony to leak out tax return information from individiuals without their concent.

If its true that he paid zero taxes, (and we all know its not), how do you feel about Harry Reid violating federal law?
What leak? Harry is just passing on what he was told by someone he believes to be truthful. Romneyhood could clear it up pretty easily. But, I think Mitt is kind of between a rock and Sherwood Forrest tree stump.

Old 08-07-2012, 06:47 AM

30,186 posts, read 18,770,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
What leak? Harry is just passing on what he was told by someone he believes to be truthful. Romneyhood could clear it up pretty easily. But, I think Mitt is kind of between a rock and Sherwood Forrest tree stump.

Then arrest him, Bob. If Romney has committed a crime, as Reid suggests (the Obama camp has access to Romney's returns and is saying and doing nothing about them), arrest, charge and prosecute him.

Unless there is no crime, then no action could be taken. Reid is spouting crazy, slanderous tales. It is what we would expect of a corrupt, Mafia connected politician.

Old 08-07-2012, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Then arrest him, Bob. If Romney has committed a crime, as Reid suggests (the Obama camp has access to Romney's returns and is saying and doing nothing about them), arrest, charge and prosecute him.

Unless there is no crime, then no action could be taken. Reid is spouting crazy, slanderous tales. It is what we would expect of a corrupt, Mafia connected politician.
Arrest him? For what, my guess is Mitt was taking advantage of the offshore evasion Amnesty. I don't believe that is a crime. It's the amnesty from being prosecuted for the felony of hiding the money w/o paying taxes. So as I see it, bottom line is Harry's source is telling the truth so is Mitt, he eventually had to pay the taxes as a condition in the Amnesty. Just my guess, but I can certainly see why Mitt would not want that being "officially" exposed.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:06 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,969,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

No one is saying Romney committed a crime, except for the Italian government, but that''s a different thread.

What this does is starts a conversation about how the very wealthy get to play by a different set of rules than everyone else. It's kind of hard to push for deeper tax cuts for yourself and your peers when it is insinuated that you paid little or any federal income taxes.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:51 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,130,347 times
Good ole Mittens is still clinging to those darn tax returns. Their is something really ugly within those documents that he doesn't want us to see. I implore you to come clean, Mittens. Your supporters are running low on excuses.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:30 AM

17,406 posts, read 12,015,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Hohoho....I see the good little Obamabo drone got his namecalling cutsie insult of the day. It's what you fall back on when you've got nothing of substance.

Harry passed on a rumor. By an unnamed source. That would be in violation for releasing that info.

But we all know it's a fishing expedition. That came up empty.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:33 AM

17,406 posts, read 12,015,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
No one is saying Romney committed a crime, except for the Italian government, but that''s a different thread.

What this does is starts a conversation about how the very wealthy get to play by a different set of rules than everyone else. It's kind of hard to push for deeper tax cuts for yourself and your peers when it is insinuated that you paid little or any federal income taxes.
There are no different set of rules. There is nowhere in the tax code that says "the rich blah blah blah." You can play by those rules.

Key word: insinuated. Which is what people do when they have nothing, but want to pretend that they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections