Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 07:27 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,303,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Obama 2012
No, thanks. We can't afford 4 more years of that guy. The national debt under Obama is supposed to reach the $6 trillion mark next week. We also can't afford month after month of 8+% unemployment rates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 07:28 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,120,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
I'd say Republicans were stupid for nominating this stiff but all their candidates were worse except maybe Jon Huntsman. Higher ups in the GOP actually are probably smart enough to know Obama would be a 2 term president and wanted to keep out decent candidates so they could get in in 2016.
You hit the nail smack dab on the head with your observation here. All the decent GOP candidates held out, with good reason, knowing that defeating Pres. Obama would be unlikely. I really don't understand why the GOP dismissed Huntsman so fast. I thought he was a really viable choice but then again this is the republican party we're talking about here. They let the right-wing nut jobs high-jack the party & as a result they'll enjoy another 4 years of Pres. Obama.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:33 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,413,661 times
One of the major flaws I see of the three polls showing Obama with a wide lead is that they are of Registered voters. Dems enjoy a national lead in registration. In polls of Likely voters the race is much tighter with some showing Romney leading nationally (Rasmussen and even CBS).

If Romney is up 5 in a NY Times poll in Colorado, Obama is in trouble no way around that. So you libbies keep patting yourselves on the back, you'll be singing a different tune come November.

Obama's campaign must realize this hence the desperation in Colorado.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...106_story.html

Old 08-09-2012, 07:34 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,835,005 times
edward is desperate now

Old 08-09-2012, 07:34 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,453,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
lol... True - including the all-caps and misspelled words.
Yup, and nice touch mixing the "smirking" with the "crying!... although I gotta admit, the "real" wingnut deniers and drama queens are just about as hard not to laugh at!

BTW, tinawina has a good point, we're still nearly 90 days out from the election, and that's a lifetime in politics. Israel could pull the trigger on Iran, spiking gas prices (or Big Oil could do that anyway, unilaterally)... the GOP Super-PACs could gin up another Swiftboat-style campaign... we could have massive voter fraud or disenfranchisement in some swing state... or who knows, Obamas "love child", conceived by his "dope-smoking mistress from college" could suddenly surface.... hey, lotsa things can still happen (and all they gotta do is tilt it just a bit, one way or the other)!

Old 08-09-2012, 07:36 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,822,343 times
It's true, people, it's not over until the Supreme Court picks a winner!

Old 08-09-2012, 07:40 PM

490 posts, read 650,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
And that is one of his problems. The Romney campaign is focused on being anti-Obama rather than pro-Romney. People don't really know who he is and what he stands for.
Excellent point. I get tired of the generic republican statements like "we have to get Obama out of the White House". Ok, then what?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
www.savagedome.com DFW Sports

Old 08-09-2012, 07:41 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,575,577 times
I took my own poll among ther members of the family and they have never been wrong yet. The cats, Chip and Dale say Obama but not only are they black but they are also lazy cats that have a huge sence of entitlement. My French poodle Diamond Jubilee she is going for Obama too but what can you expect, She's French and thinks we should all get 8 weeks of holidays a year and only work from 10 till 2 normally. My illegal American immigrant dog Chico from Alabama, he's going for Romney just because, well he's from Alabama you know!!! That leaves my wife and myself. Now my wife she's German and she's a traditional German if you know what I mean. George W Bush was too far to the left for her and so she thinks that Huckabee ought to be drafted to run. That just leaves myself and I say the big O and I don't mean Oprah is going to win. Not that I like the guy much but at least I'm fairly sure the guy is actually alive. I'm not quite sure that Romney is. He just doesn't move like a living breathing person. Are the Koch brothers into robots? I don't know but I'm suspicous.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:43 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,200,354 times
With news of Trump and his "big surprise" at the convention I hope the GOP isn't going for another Palin-type "hail mary" bit of theatrics. It's ok to loose a presidential race, and most of us accepted Mitt was a just a sacrafice until they had time to groom someone for next time around. But if they continue to play games I'm not sure the GOP can be taken seriously again for a lot longer than 4 years...

Old 08-09-2012, 07:49 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,413,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
edward is desperate now
RealClearPolitics - Election '12 vs. Election '04 Eight Years Ago Today
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections