Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 07:06 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,072,706 times

Advertisements

Kat...your outrage is faked. You don't recall calling me a liar, not once, but twice? I realize you may be conflicted about the results of this administration, but do make up your mind. Nevermind, I just saw the McGovern vote. It explains your shaky foundation of understanding. Go back to Kumbaya.

U6 = 15.2%
U3 = 8.3%
GDP = 1.5% (which is near stall speed for an economy)
$5,000,000,000.00 in debt in less than 4 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Just what is wrong with you two, to call people liars like that? My own parents were Repubs, my dad was an elected official. They became very disenchanted with the Republican party during Watergate, and hated, and I mean hated, Reagan. I don't think they ever voted for a Repub again after Nixon's first presidency. They actually voted for McGovern! It happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 07:18 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,595,458 times
I know a guy(can't disclose his name)who is a lifelong Democrat but now won't vote for obama. The reason? He heard from another undisclosed guy that Obama likes to hit the bathhouse circuit when he's in ChiTown with former bodyman Reggie Love and Rahm Emanuel. In order for this guy to again vote Democrat,Obama must prove he doesn't frequent bathhouses with his bodyman and Rahm Emanuel.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:23 AM

30,084 posts, read 18,698,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I was just talking with my Mom yesterday. Salt of the Earth woman, hardworking, generous, and very religious. She always votes GOP on values issues, and even liked W. Anyhow, she said she is likely to vote Obama this year, because she does not buy the notion that the recession is his fault. And she does not trust the corporate tools that helped to cause it. She does like the notion that the GOP will repeal the Affordable Care Act either. I was pretty shocked to hear this, as we have not talked politics in years.

We did agree that both the Obamas and the Romneys seem like good families who bring (or would bring) honor to the office on a personal level. Both guys love their families, and their wives ares stong, impressive women that love their husbands. We left it at that.

Oh, we were just taking the kid/grandkids fishing at a nice lake nearby. She is visiting on vacation. Leaving today (long face..). So nice to be with family. To my politico comrades of all persuasions, take time to be with the people you love, that is what matters, we can argue politics later....

Wow-

The only McCain voter in the US who is going to vote for Obama.

My parents have NEVER voted republican in their lives (they even voted for McGovern, Dukakis, and Carter) and they are voting for Romney. Why? They are completely partisan democrats, but are not blind.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:29 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,595,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Wow-

The only McCain voter in the US who is going to vote for Obama.

My parents have NEVER voted republican in their lives (they even voted for McGovern, Dukakis, and Carter) and they are voting for Romney. Why? They are completely partisan democrats, but are not blind.
Yeah,no state that McCain won is even close to going for Obama. They tried to act like Arizona is in play,it's not. Likewsie for Missouri. Meanwhile,Indiana is solid Red,while North Carolina is going in that direction. Even former Dean guy Joe Trippi said North Carolina would be red. Rasmussen has Romney up 2 in Iowa. The state that got him started.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:34 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,281,297 times
Quote:
Just what is wrong with you two, to call people liars like that? My own parents were Repubs, my dad was an elected official. They became very disenchanted with the Republican party during Watergate, and hated, and I mean hated, Reagan. I don't think they ever voted for a Repub again after Nixon's first presidency. They actually voted for McGovern! It happens.
I said the stories I've heard sound contrived, and they do. As I said, I've seen many stories on Facebook that are all basically the same story with minor variations. Not saying that the OP's is, but I have seen a whole lot of them and I think most of them are contrived.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:04 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,992,702 times
Quote:
Well, the left has proven time and again that they will lie, cheat and steal to sway an election. Win at all costs, end justifies the means, etc.

What is wrong with people that they see a contrived story, and let the teller of the tale get away with it? Conservatives are sick of it, and are starting to fight back.

Do I know that the story is a lie? No. But my gut tells me that it's less than truthful.

As for your parents, they may have been registered Republicans, but they obviously were not conservative.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
700 bill tax savings was in the Ryan plan as well, but did not want it to use it to insure more people. He wants to gut the program. Republicans the champions of SS and medicare. Are you really buying that, I have a bridge to sell you.
See what I'm saying? Any lie to sway an election.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:07 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,875,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Kat...your outrage is faked. You don't recall calling me a liar, not once, but twice? I realize you may be conflicted about the results of this administration, but do make up your mind. Nevermind, I just saw the McGovern vote. It explains your shaky foundation of understanding. Go back to Kumbaya.

U6 = 15.2%
U3 = 8.3%
GDP = 1.5% (which is near stall speed for an economy)
$5,000,000,000.00 in debt in less than 4 years
I just call them as I see them. You're calling this guy's mother a liar! Is that any way to do, to attack someone's mother?

BTW, I just took the Pew quiz on another thread and got them all right. Only 13% of people did as well. So don't tell ME I'm uninformed.

There's somewhere you can go, but it's not Kumbaya.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
an interesting observation of the OP's mother... I suspect many will see the same.

What I don't get is why anyone thinks the R's can balance a budget.. they never have and their trend is tripling the deficit.... How did that happen the last time? tax reductions for the rich, military buildup, and war.... What do we hear from Romney, cuts in taxes for the rich, war with Iran, and increase military spending. So the only way you aren't going to increase the deficit is to gut Medicare or Social Security or both. - If you privatize either the cost of grandfathering will make the deficits soar. and give us a triple of where we were.

Now you have a VP running mate that wants to privatize SS and Medicare... things that make ya go hmmmmm
First president in history that will never sign a budget. Lay that firmly on the Dems. They have a budget, they just refuse to address it. But you just continue on with your delusions.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:13 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,217,312 times
Quote:
There's somewhere you can go, but it's not Kumbaya.
What's wrong with a little Kumbaya?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections