Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 05:58 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
If this election doesn't go Willards way, I would LOVE to see Christie, Rubio, Ryan go head to head in 2016 Primaries. That would be a extra large, extra butter popcorn moment.
Why? You'd still slavishly and mindlessly vote for whatever Democrat you are told to vote for, along with 95% of all the other "blackandproud" Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 06:07 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Why? You'd still slavishly and mindlessly vote for whatever Democrat you are told to vote for, along with 95% of all the other "blackandproud" Americans.

Actually my right to a VOTE makes me one of the Proud Black Americans. Deal with it.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:18 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,822,745 times
Quote:
LOL way to foster inclusiveness in the Republican party, Trace!

Old 08-13-2012, 06:35 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
LOL way to foster inclusiveness in the Republican party, Trace!
The statistics don't lie, do they?

All are welcome in the GOP. You lefties want to be pandered to, which is why you're Democrats.

Old 08-13-2012, 07:02 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,641,468 times
Quote:
LOL......Again, I don't watch Big Perm, but now we know that you do. You poor thing.
I never read the beauty section, so I know nothing about big perm...!!

Old 08-13-2012, 07:06 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
The statistics don't lie, do they?

All are welcome in the GOP. You lefties want to be pandered to, which is why you're Democrats.

Interesting, so WHY is it again Willard on the Campaign trail begging for money if thats not Pandering I would Love to know your definition of pandering. Apparently the Republicans will only pander to Suburbian White Middle Class meanwhile ignoring the Urban Minority Middle Class.

Old 08-13-2012, 07:40 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
No, I think they mean instead of the traditional idea of being "invited" and "welcomed" (aka, "pandered" to), Republicans feel that you should earn your way in... and that of course is by contributing money (...duh)!!

Old 08-13-2012, 09:44 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
Actually my right to a VOTE makes me one of the Proud Black Americans. Deal with it.
If it makes you feel any better, he's in High School. I'm not kidding--he's about the same age as my kids. I wonder if his mother knows he's on the computer saying racist, awful things to other people. This is the kind of thing that would get one of my boys grounded for a week (as well as losing unsupervised access to the computer for a lot longer than that), but I can't imagine them saying something that awful to begin with. I'm going to apologize for him because he doesn't have the maturity or upbringing to know why he should do it himself. You shouldn't have to put up with this garbage, and I'm sorry that happened.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:28 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Romney made a very wise choice by picking Ryan. I'm not buying into the, "Romney is going to win because of this pick" mantra because I still believe it's Obama's election to lose. A fatal flaw with this ticket is the fact that Romney is still the head of the ticket and is still as unlikeable. Furthermore, I believe the full-on assault of Ryan's policies will work this time around.

Let's assume Romney does lose. Guess what? The GOP still wins. They have brought to the forefront the future of their party, which is a hard-nosed fiscal conservative that is a lot more socially liberal than Democrats care to admit.

I don't agree with Ryan's policies too much. But he has something that pretty much every politician in Washington has lacked for quite some time. This something is called "ideas".

I agree with EJ Dionne when he says running on theory will lose you an election. With that said, if you can get affable, charasimatic people to explain your theory, both sides are much more apt to listen.
How is Ryan Socially liberal? He supports prayer in schools, personhood, and is against pretty much any piece of Gay rights legislation he sees. Does being in your 40s and doing P90X get you social liberal points?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections