Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 05:19 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,348,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Really? He's managed to upset the Catholic Bishops--they've called the Ryan Plan morally reprehensible.

Rep. Ryan Paul on spotlight with his fiscal theology, church leaders oppose

USCCB Writes Congress Again: Stop Targeting the Poor | Faith in Public Life
I don't give a damn what some Catholic Bishops have said. Many in the Catholic Church are apostates.
These people have made the usual wild accusations and assumptions about the Ryan plan, and they haven't a clue what they are talking about. I'd be willing to bet they haven't even read the plan.

They also throw out the same old tired mantra about giving "tax cuts to the rich." The "rich" are the job creators. We have seen what Obama's tax increases have done, most of which will begin to go into effect next year under ObamaCare. Do we see any job growth? No, we don't. Why? ObamaCare is the major reason, and his threats to further increase taxes!

The Ryan plan will repeal ObamaCare and return some sanity to taxation. And by the way, Capital Gains taxes are not paid just by rich people. Many middle class people invest their savings, and pay Capital Gains taxes. Increasing Capital gains taxes will hurt the middle class, plus it will cost jobs, as business expansion will suffer.

As for Medicare, the fact is that if something isn't done, Medicare will cease to exist. Under ObamaCare, $700 B is removed from Midicare, and Midicare Advantage will end, leaving many seniors without sufficient care.

Paul Ryan's plan saves Medicare. His plan ensures it's solvency for years to come, and provides more and better options for beneficiaries not yet of retirement age, starting in 2023. For those already 55 and older, nothing changes. What's wrong with that?

I have not seen one thing in the Ryan plan that is "morally reprehensible."

What is morally reprehensible is the alternative, ObamaCare, which sets up an "Independent Payment Advisory Board" tasked with cutting Medicare through rationing of services. In otherwords, beureaucrats deciding what service/treatment a beneficiary receives; i.e., death panel. That is what is morally reprehensible, wouldn't you agree?

Last edited by nononsenseguy; 08-16-2012 at 05:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Paul Ryan Is No Ron Paul by Jane Aitken

It doesn't appear that Paul Ryan learned much from Rand.
What in Sam Hill does Ayn Rand have to do with any of this?

Rand wrote of capitalism, and why it's good. Period. Ryan is not running against Ayn Rand. She's not running. She's dead!

Old 08-16-2012, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The Muslim Faith considers Jesus to be a Prophet, but not the Messiah.

Google ' Gospel of Barnabas ' if you want to find out how Jesus fits into the Muslim Faith.
Been there done that many years ago. The so-called "Gospel of Barnabas" is heresy.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:17 AM

Default More propaganda

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
If they didn't know about her before, they sure will get to know her now...thanks to Ryan.

Just from one page of googling...
Thanks for the propaganda. As if we didn't get enough from you guys.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:27 AM

Default Screwed by Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Most of the rest of the country doesn't know anything about anything involving politics. If they did you wouldn't be in the mess you are. If the know nothing people elect Mitt they will get exactly what they deserve, Screwed!!!!!
No, that's what we got with Obama. Can we say "ObamaCare?" Can we say nearly four years of unemployment over 8%? Way over 8% if you look at the real figure, which includes those who are unemployed but not counted, becuase they are not currently looking. But they still count, because they would work if they could.

How about Delphi? Screwed people out of their pensions, thank you Obama!
How about Solyndra and others, in which Obama "invested" millions of taxpayer dollars only to have them fail and file for bankrptcy, our money gone. Wasted on a technology for which there is no demand. Taxpayers? Screwed!

I could go on.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:27 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,696,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Who cares?

Is Obama for or against Frank Marshall Davis, Wright, Resko, Aries? How come we never saw these questions come up on CNN?

Last time I checked, Ryan wasnt mentored by a commie, didnt start his career at the home of a terrorist, and didnt attend a far left racist church for 20 years.
That was my exact first thought.

I love murder mysteries. That doesn't mean I love murder.

What a waste of time.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Clearly, Ryan is and has been a devotee of Rand. He is attempting to distance himself from this now, but just as Romney forgets that in these days of technology, Ryan can run from Rand but he cannot hide...

Republican Congressman Paul Ryan's secret audio recording. - YouTube

Paul Ryan: "But the reason I got involved in public service, by and large, if I had to credit one thinker, one person, it would be Ayn Rand."

Paul Ryan's Ayn Rand Problem - John Melton - Open Salon

Rand was a bitter and psychotic woman who was a product of her experiences as a girl in Russia. Her philosophies, verging on sociopathic, are a very strange and frightening influence to bring to our government. Nuff said!
Did you ever read "Atlas Shrugged", or "The Fountainhead?" If you did, you must have missed the whole point.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:34 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,581,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Did you ever read "Atlas Shrugged", or "The Fountainhead?"
Paul Ryan says he's read both and admired them greatly, until he didn't.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:47 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,990,105 times
Quote:
Exactly my point. The entire Tea Party movement is now a convoluted mess. Just say you are a Tea Party candidate or supporter and you are taken at your word even when the facts do not back it up.
It's the "blank slate" effect that happens every election in America. Every election year a candidate with a HORRID history runs on a platform they have a long history of not supporting. Yet Americans, either because of laziness or apathy, take them at their word now and view the candidates as having "blank slates." Whatever happened in the past doesn't matter, it gets wiped cleaned and their current rhetoric is all that matters. Despite the fact that Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan support massive intrusion of the government into the marketplace via TARP and bailouts, doesn't matter they have free market rhetoric now. Paul Ryan supported Medicare part D and No Child Left Behind while Mitt was signing off on Romneycare, but all that doesn't matter their going to take on "entitlements" and "cut" the budget!

Old 08-16-2012, 10:53 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,990,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
Paul Ryan says he's read both and admired them greatly, until he didn't.
Judging by Paul Ryan's horrid record I'd say he missed the points of AS and The Fountainhead completely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections