Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 06:11 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,671,464 times

Advertisements

Ayn Rand (Paul Ryan’s Moral Heroine) Instructs Johnny Carson on the Virtue of Selfishness, 1967 | Open Culture

The mere fact that Ryan so strongly acknowledges Ayn Rand's heathenistic influence in his thinking/concepts about Government is the clear Warning sign.

We've discussed much regarding Jeremiah Wright's (Obama's former pastor) influence on Obama. Researching Paul Ryan's own confession of his studies of Ayn Rand, and the impact they've made on him, is chilling....if you regard equality and compassion toward all mankind.

Both Paul Ryan and Mitt Romney were raised in extreme priviledged families. It's easy to discern that they want to preserve and continue their connection to that so-called blue-blood life-style. Never having experienced the struggles of the average ''everyman/woman'' child...they cannot have the insight and compassion for the majority of American citizens. Simply put, They can't relate to the tough times and hard struggle just to survive in this tough world.

I was very determined to support the GOP Ticket before the primaries produced these 2 very dubious, in my opinion dangerous choices. Now, I won't. What about you?

Last edited by MMM05; 08-17-2012 at 07:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 06:24 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,642,454 times
I'm a retired librarian. I have no interest in your politics, but I think you are way out of line.

I learned a long time ago that you cannot tell about a person by what they read. I remember a religious leader's wife bringing back one of the most gross books in the library one day. Being curious, I asked her what she thought about the book. She was reading the book to learn how to better understand the mindset of the person who wrote it. She was educating herself.

I think I can be pretty safe in thinking that all presidential candidates have read many different books also.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:24 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,293,964 times
Needs 25% more caps and 15% more bolding.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:38 AM

1,976 posts, read 2,354,534 times
If one wishes to support the growth of poverty and greed in America, GOP is the way to go.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:42 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,671,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I'm a retired librarian. I have no interest in your politics, but I think you are way out of line.

I learned a long time ago that you cannot tell about a person by what they read. I remember a religious leader's wife bringing back one of the most gross books in the library one day. Being curious, I asked her what she thought about the book. She was reading the book to learn how to better understand the mindset of the person who wrote it. She was educating herself.

I think I can be pretty safe in thinking that all presidential candidates have read many different books also.

Thank you for your input. I strongly dis-agree !! You're ignoring the obvious.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:47 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
If one wishes to support the growth of poverty and greed in America, GOP is the way to go.
I think it is greedy to steal from those who work and invest and give to those who don't. If you wish to encourage gluttony and sloth the Democrats are your party.

I am a libertarian based on classical liberal principles. While not a Randian i do not see how Rand's philosophy is near as dangerous as the various leftist philosophies. We need a few Godless Libertarians to balance out the Godless Commies.

Romney is a moderate. The VP position is usually a pretty uninfluential position. There are exceptions, such as Cheney under Bush.

At least Ryan is brave enough to actuallly make a proposal to deal with our fiscal debts. One of the very few with the courage to do that.

I will be voting for Johnson but I do not see how anyone looking for fiscal sanity could not find Romney the lesser evil.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:48 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times
I've read Atlas shrugged.

Paul Ryan is no more dangerous then every other politician in Washington who are hypocrites.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:48 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
You posted this very same thing yesterday. Why not just bump your own post ?
Any rely on a think tank organization for your "facts" ?

Old 08-17-2012, 06:52 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
Mr. Ryan's advocacy or "personhood at conception" should cost him every female and most male vote in the election. He is advocating the grossest from of sex is destiny that ever existed. It is nothing more than making women slaves to the biology of her body and males that impregnated her.

I have no objection to him thinking the way he does but I object vehemently to his proposals to force it on the rest of us. IMHO This is the defining issue of this campaign. Freedom to control your own body to be a Free citizen or slave.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:53 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
I love how the lefties, the OP as an example, seem to forget that Obama's grandparents gave him a priviledged upbringing in private school and an inside track to the elite Communist power structure in Hawaii (see Frank Marshall Davis).

Tell you what.....BOTH Obama & Romney are dangerous for this country. They are more similar in policy stance than different. Additionally Ryan voted for the economic same economic bailouts and "stimulus" that Obama wanted. Therefore, if Ryan is dangerous for this country he is so because he has been too closely aligned in his voting record with the wants of the Obama administration (see TARP, Stimulus #1, raising the Debt Ceiling, NDAA).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections