Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2012, 06:24 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,711,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Probably not a whole lot, but maybe just maybe, he will cut off the money that this administration gives to those not worthy of another dollar from the USA.............

Of Obama, Christians and crucifixions

Elibiary (above right) was later exposed by investigative journalist Patrick Poole as having copied sensitive documents from the database to give to media outlets for the purpose of advancing allegations of Islamophobia.
There are others, but it should be clear by these examples that the Muslim Brotherhood is firmly rooted within all departments under Barack Hussein Obama. Given the known objectives of the Muslim Brotherhood, their influence on domestic and foreign policy should not be difficult to accept.
As far as Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood goes, Obama announced his intention to bypass congress and provide $1.5 billion in American taxpayer funded aid to the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. While it is true congress approved the financial aid with the stipulation that the U.S. State Department signed off on the deal, Obama stated that he would act outside of congress. In other words, the check was as good as written. The Clinton State Department has raised little objection despite the ruthless persecution by Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood.
Based on the limited facts presented above, and there are many more untold, it should be clear who and what is behind Arab Spring, and the motives of the same. If Obama and his cabal of sycophants continue to promote Arab Spring as a success and tolerate the persecution of Christians, it should be clear what’s in store for the Christians and Jews of America.
The time for Christians and Jews in America and throughout the West to speak up is now. To quote Thomas Mann, “Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil.”
Outstanding
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 07:24 AM

990 posts, read 940,482 times
Quote:
To start with, the current Democratic administration continues to support Egypt’s new government run by the extremist group, the Muslim Brotherhood. Imposing strict Sharia law, women become subject to torture, beatings and humiliation by the men. Their status is not much different to that of slaves, cattle and chickens.

If any political party has a war on women or a history of abusing and mistreating them, it’s definitely the Democratic Party. I would think that most women want to be treated with respect and decency instead of an object to use and abuse. Yet I don’t understand why a majority of women continue to vote Democratic. I just hope and pray they finally wake up and realize who and what the Democrats really are.
Read more: Why Women Should Not Vote For Barack Obama - Godfather Politics

These would be some reasons Roy....unfortunatly to many people do not know why Christians have stopped Islam from taking a hold of "FREE" Nations.........they fail to see the wars fought saved most from being under Sharia Law. Reports are being hidden on the real crime happening in Afghanistan the torture of women, children & pets are being hid from the American people.

I love how these people talk about how Muslim Sharia Law is taking over and how we need to stop it...by linking a CHRISTIAN website. Seriously people? This is your best example? You don't have a single reputable website to source so you link to a right-wing Christian's blog?

Trying to claim that the GOP is better for Women than the Democratic party is simply insane. Until the GOP wakes up and stops trying to implement Christian Law upon those of us who are more evolved, they will never gain the support of independent-minded women. They may have the support of the Evangelical and Born-Again idiots, but they certainly won't get any woman to support them when one of their main goals is to RESCIND THE RIGHT TO AN ABORTION. Sorry people, until you stop trying to do that, you can't ever claim to be the best party for women.

Seriously, name one party that's WORSE for women than the GOP. The Democrats are better. The Libertarians are much better. The Green Party is better. The AIP is better. Which is worse?

Old 08-28-2012, 07:27 AM

Quote:
To bad you don't know world news as much as you know how to point out others mistakes.

You ought to watch the news and inform yourself if you will be voting.

Which news do you watch? Do you watch a specific channel or news program?

Old 08-28-2012, 07:34 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,874,661 times
I think that piece in the OP was one of the single dumbest things I've ever read.

Women are not supposed to vote for the party that excuses rape because a) Ted Kennedy (who is dead) b) someone told the truth about a millionaire heiress who really hasn't done much more with her life than supervise the servants c) a Dem used the f-word, d) Bill Clinton cheated on his wife e) the Dems aren't homophobes f) the Dems aren't going alone with the male Catholic's church's attempt to deny us health care.

This pathetic rant, this idiotic piece of nonsense, this garbage is the best you can do?

Old 08-28-2012, 07:44 AM

59,216 posts, read 27,416,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
It is the goal of Christianity to convert every last human being on planet earth to Christianity. Being a pain in the neck and / or self-righteous so-and-sos have been their methods lately. At least they are no longer pursuing the method they tried in the 11th century.
"It is the goal of Christianity to convert every last human being on planet earth to Christianity."

Where in the world do you come up with such loony ideas?

Having been a Christian my whole life and attending religious schools most of my life, I have NEVER heard of such garbage.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"It is the goal of Christianity to convert every last human being on planet earth to Christianity."

Having been a Christian my whole life and attending religious schools most of my life, I have NEVER heard of such garbage.
So those Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, "Not of this World", and the rest of those people who go door to door selling their crazy superstitions are not trying to convert me?

Come on.

Ever hear of the Inquisition?
Crusades?
Conquistadors?

Seriously, open a freaking history book

Old 08-28-2012, 07:59 AM

876 posts, read 709,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
I love how these people talk about how Muslim Sharia Law is taking over and how we need to stop it...by linking a CHRISTIAN website. Seriously people? This is your best example? You don't have a single reputable website to source so you link to a right-wing Christian's blog?

Trying to claim that the GOP is better for Women than the Democratic party is simply insane. Until the GOP wakes up and stops trying to implement Christian Law upon those of us who are more evolved, they will never gain the support of independent-minded women. They may have the support of the Evangelical and Born-Again idiots, but they certainly won't get any woman to support them when one of their main goals is to RESCIND THE RIGHT TO AN ABORTION. Sorry people, until you stop trying to do that, you can't ever claim to be the best party for women.

Seriously, name one party that's WORSE for women than the GOP. The Democrats are better. The Libertarians are much better. The Green Party is better. The AIP is better. Which is worse?

Maybe you, Think before you vote, should take your own advice. Your bigotry for Christian's shows your fallacy in the way you "think". You can't get past your blind hatred for something you don't have the capacity to understand, to realize that there are women who are pro-life. This pretend "war on women" is a gimmick used to scare gullible women. Intelligent women will do their own research and decide how important the "women's issues" are in comparison to other issues, like maybe the economy might be a little more important. Also, if you are so worried about the rights of women, then you should be reminded that 50% of the children killed in abortions are female's that didn't get their right to choose.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:05 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,379,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

Quote:
What is Dominionism?
Dominionism is a trend in Protestant Christian evangelicalism and fundamentalism that encourages not just active political participation in civic society but also attempts to dominate the political process.

The broad concept of Dominionism is based on the Bible's text in Genesis 1:26:

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth." (KJV).

"Then God said, 'Let us make man in our image, in our likeness and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth and over all the creatures that move along the ground.'" (NIV).

Most Christians interpret this verse as meaning that God gave humankind dominion over the Earth. Many consider this a mandate for stewardship rather than the assertion of total control. A more assertive interpretation of this verse is seen as a command that Christians bring all societies, around the world, under the rule of the Word of God, as they understand it.

The terms Theocratic Dominionism or Hard Dominionism, describe forms of Dominion Theology, a religious trend that arose in the 1970s as a series of small Christian movements that seek to establish a theocratic form of government. In the United States, a very doctrinaire version of Hard Dominionism is Christian Reconstructionism, a theonomic movement that seeks to replace the secular governance model, and subsequently the U.S. Constitution, creating a political and judicial system based on Old Testament Law, or Mosaic Law
PublicEye.org - The Website of Political Research Associates

Quote:
Our mission is proclaiming Christ as the only way to abundant, eternal life. Whom do we tell? Jesus made it clear that Christians are to reach out to “all the nations” (Matthew 28:19). Instead of countries, he was referring to people groups, those ethnic cultures without a Gospel witness.

Christian missions, however, is not limited to overseas ministry. While believers should faithfully support those who go to the unreached, all Christians have the mission to share Christ on the home field with family, friends, coworkers, and the community.

The Christian mission of sharing Christ does not end with a sinner’s salvation. The commission was to make disciples – not immature believers. Thus, Christian missions involves not only evangelism but also discipleship
What is Christian Missions?

Quote:
Christianity has left an indelible print on the lives of Native Americans. Since the first contact between Europeans and Native Americans, the visitors sought to "civilize" those they mistakenly called Indians by telling them of God and Jesus. Later, in the nineteenth century, the U.S. government decided to assimilate the Native peoples by neatly dividing them into reservations and assigning the reservations to various Christian missionaries. This behavior was hardly understandable to the Indian peoples. Since none of their perhaps six hundred tribal traditions emphasized conversion and proselytization, it was unclear to them why the Christians wanted everyone to worship the same way they did. Some of the methods used were cruel: taking children away from their families to attend missionary boarding schools where they were punished for infractions such as speaking in their native language. To many, this time was a Holocaust that robbed them of their tribal tongues and traditions and replaced them with empty promises of a God of love who punished with a sharp whip.
History of Missions

Enough?

Old 08-28-2012, 08:14 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,837,665 times
Seahawlkgirl -

What would you do if you were faced with a fatal pregnancy? Would you die for your pro life beliefs even if you were being killed by a non viable fetus? What would you advise your daughter to do in this situation? I ask these as a personal question because your pro-life stance denies this choice to any and all women. You have to consider these unlikely but inevitable situations.

Although as a man I would never have to make this decision I would advise any woman, including my wife, sister or friend, that it is her decision but that I recommend having an abortion because I value the living person more than the potential. That is my choice and your pro-life stance, if enacted into law, would deny me the choice to offer that advice.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:24 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,955,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
This is pretty silly.

"Standing with the Arab Spring" is not a basis for a women to vote for or against an American politician. That's really grasping at straws.

Furthermore, American support to entities in the Middle East is nothing new at all, and it's happened under Republican as well as Democratic administrations. America has given tons of support to Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. America gave support to Bin Laden for a long time when it was politically expedient against the Soviets. Heck, we're supporting some questionable characters in Iraq and Afghanistan now.

And that leads to the critical point: American support of entities in the Middle East revolves around perceived political/diplomatic advantage. Politics makes strange bedfellows, and that applies to conservatives as well as liberals. The USA's involvement behind the scenes in the Arab Spring is a calculated risk. They know that they don't like the current totalitarian regimes; they're hoping that they can roll the dice and change the power structure into something that they can presumably better manipulate into something more amenable to American international interests. Not saying that it will ultimately work, but that's how it works - not some notion of whether or not Obama wants women to be subjugated by Arabs.

Finally, the fact that Obama has pursued a much more aggressive campaign against Islamic terrorists than Republicans ever did easily deflates the whole "Obama is siding the the enemy" BS. It just doesn't fly. More high-value terrorists have been killed in ballsy attacks than ever occurred under Bush.

So all told, what does all of this have to do with the vote of American women? Nothing much.
I understand most of you women on the left are more concerned about your BC and women being able to get free BC, some of see outside of just women issues.

Polices that President Obama supports around the world gives his outlook on how other nations should be. President Obama was overheard asking for time - "particularly with missile defense" - until he is in a better position politically to resolve such issues. "This is my last election ... After my election I have more flexibility," Obama said, to Medvedev.
Also, if you would educate yourself about Muslim Brotherhood you would know their plan for the West which involves women and children..........
How the CIA Helped The Muslim Brotherhood Infiltrate the West > Jerry Gordon

Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood revives barbaric practice of crucifixion | Fellowship of the Minds

Obama Congratulates Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood President Morsi: Approve?

President Obama saying "You didn't build that business on your own"........... Really Mr. President I didn't have help from anyone as a woman business owner building and succeeding at my business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections