Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2012, 08:25 AM

412 posts, read 686,533 times

Advertisements

The economy is important.
Like am I going to be able to afford to buy birth control so I don't have to get pregnant unless I want to.
Those are the kind of economics that I am also concerned about. Because if women cannot get birth control then they are forced to produce an economic drain (baby).
don't go off on me calling a baby an economic drain because you know they are expensive
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 08:26 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,930,100 times
3-S's - How is your post relevant to this discussion?

Old 08-28-2012, 08:32 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,978,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
I love how these people talk about how Muslim Sharia Law is taking over and how we need to stop it...by linking a CHRISTIAN website. Seriously people? This is your best example? You don't have a single reputable website to source so you link to a right-wing Christian's blog?

Trying to claim that the GOP is better for Women than the Democratic party is simply insane. Until the GOP wakes up and stops trying to implement Christian Law upon those of us who are more evolved, they will never gain the support of independent-minded women. They may have the support of the Evangelical and Born-Again idiots, but they certainly won't get any woman to support them when one of their main goals is to RESCIND THE RIGHT TO AN ABORTION. Sorry people, until you stop trying to do that, you can't ever claim to be the best party for women.

Seriously, name one party that's WORSE for women than the GOP. The Democrats are better. The Libertarians are much better. The Green Party is better. The AIP is better. Which is worse?
To bad your only worry is aborting children, women should have taken more responsibility to not getting pregnant. For some pregnancy does just happen, but that a small portion. There's other worries out there than just abortion and BC to bad the left only has to those two things to campaign on and thats all you can worry about. I for one see world policies and danger much more of a threat than worrying about someone having unprotected sex.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:34 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,386,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
To bad your only worry is aborting children, women should have taken more responsibility to not getting pregnant.
Oh I agree. Those women who get pregnant from rape or incest should have just said no.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:37 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,930,100 times
FY - and fought their attackers even if it got them killed.

I suggest we have a universal DNA data base so the males involved can be forced to support the women they impregnated until the resulting child is an adult.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
3-S's - How is your post relevant to this discussion?
Women should be thinking of world policies that affect America and not just their own abortion needs and BC. Thats how it's relevant..........if you are asleep and not paying attention we have soldiers dying everyday in the ME to make their government better..........is that working or do you and others just enjoy your comfy seat and computer as others die in the ME for our comfort here in America. Open borders are another cause of concern and illegal immigration. There's much more than just womens rights to free BC and abortion, women should be concerned about the rights of all people.

You don't see women on the right worrying about their BC is being taken away or they can't get another abortion all those things are not going away, worry about real issues for a change.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:39 AM

990 posts, read 941,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
Maybe you, Think before you vote, should take your own advice. Your bigotry for Christian's shows your fallacy in the way you "think". You can't get past your blind hatred for something you don't have the capacity to understand, to realize that there are women who are pro-life. This pretend "war on women" is a gimmick used to scare gullible women. Intelligent women will do their own research and decide how important the "women's issues" are in comparison to other issues, like maybe the economy might be a little more important. Also, if you are so worried about the rights of women, then you should be reminded that 50% of the children killed in abortions are female's that didn't get their right to choose.
If it's only intelligent women, how come the vast majority of women who have college degrees are NOT social conservatives? Only 28% of Social conservatives have degrees while over 40% of those who do not hold such beliefs have degrees. Basically, the less educated you are, the more likely you are to believe in that nonsense...not the other way around as you'd like to think.

I'm tired of you Christians pretending to be tolerant and accepting, but then you force your wacky religion on us. Enough is enough. The world has suffered from the idiocy of organized religion for far too long. The very idea that people believe in that nonsense is shocking to me, the stuff you people believe in is not just stupid, it's downright illogical and dangerous to the world. How many more millions of people have to die in the name of your crazy superstitions before you people wake up and realize how insane Christianity is? It's no more sane than Islam. Plenty of Christian terrorists have killed (ETA, IRA, various white supremacy bombings, etc.) so you can't claim that Christians don't become terrorists.

And the aborted fetuses are not children. Most aborted fetuses don't even have a heartbeat. The heart does not even beat until about 2 months into a pregnancy.

Taking away a woman's right to choose what she does with her body is wrong and is the exact definition of Sharia Law in your words. You're telling women what they can and cannot do with their bodies and their lives. Let's say a married woman happens to be a tennis player on the verge of a major breakthrough and her birth control fails. If she gets pregnant and has a baby, her career may never recover, if she has an abortion she can make a lot of money and be better able to afford to provide her future children with a good life. Why would you want to force her to ruin her career because your silly book tells you it's wrong to have an abortion?

The only women who are pro-life to the extent of keeping other women from having their right to choose are those who believe in a silly book of fairy tales and an imaginary friend. If it wasn't for the cult you've been brainwashed by, you'd not be against choice.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Oh I agree. Those women who get pregnant from rape or incest should have just said no.
See your just a sheep following the train........... these people still have rights and abortion is still legal. What a way to pick a President, your more lost than you know.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogMomDeb View Post
The economy is important.
Like am I going to be able to afford to buy birth control so I don't have to get pregnant unless I want to.
Those are the kind of economics that I am also concerned about. Because if women cannot get birth control then they are forced to produce an economic drain (baby).
don't go off on me calling a baby an economic drain because you know they are expensive
Take responsibility for yourself, it's not others job to do this for you. By the way BC is very cheap and Plan Parenthood will give it out for free if you are poor or in need.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:45 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,640,836 times
I'm so sick of Republicans making everything into a religious war of some kind. It always comes down to a fight in the name of Jesus. WTH? Can you stand on anything real? Are their any REAL reasons you can come up with besides being afraid of Muslims taking over and abortions? It's like an old stinking dish rag already.
How about women getting the same wages as men, something like EQUAL RIGHTS would be a fresh change. Try it out!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections