Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 08:22 AM

28,972 posts, read 30,346,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
================================================== ==============================
I never said Bush was BETTER than obama because less people were killed. I'm not a Bush fan and WOW you really love America, huh? Hope you feel better now that you got out how big of a POS America is.
No, I don't feel better, I feel beaten. And I wasn't directing my post at YOU. See, this is what I mean, America has everyone at each other's throats, right away you took great insult....I know you never said Bush was better....what I was saying is, if someone makes a statement like that....well, you know the rest.

Yes, I really do love America...and you missed my whole point. I'm extremely passionate about what I said, this is serious...America is in dire straights...we don't even own most of our Banks, docks, and corporations any longer? Going Global was the worst thing we could do, but money mongers, didn't care...they don't care about America, they only care about they're pockets.
Seahawkgirl, we all need to come together and make a stand, to stop this, if we don't, my grand daughter, your children, will be in dire straits....
When American's decide and realize, you cannot tell another person how to live their lives, maybe just maybe, things will work out?
Abortion will always be alive, even if it is illegal...so will guns...look at what happened during prohabition...a lot of criminals made a whole lot of big money, b/c it was illegal.

Anyway, sorry you took insult....you shouldn't, what we all should do is stop bickering back and forth like little kids, and start informing ourselves....and standing to gether!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 08:27 AM

28,972 posts, read 30,346,861 times
Quote:
DogMomDebHow does a woman get herself pregnant. You do know that humans don't reproduce asexually?
Are you kidding me, that is all you took out of all of that, and so unrealistically? Rather then read what I was saying, you so wanted to be right, you made such an unproductive statement....SERIOUSLY?

Quote:
I am not voting on the single issue of abortion, there are many other reasons I will vote for Obama this November.
I did not say you were, but there are a lot of women who do, and are, I've even heard, women say, "I'm voting for her b/c she is a woman?" To heck with the facts, of how qualified she is? There are blacks who will vote for Obama, simply b/c of his skin color???????? The ones that don't, and are not afraid to say, I wouldn't put him back in office, I commend.

Quote:
Vote INDEPENDENT, that is your right but do not think that by doing that you will send a message unless there are millions who do the same.
I hope they do, b/c the Rebuplicans and Democrates need to wake up and stop running this country into the ground...and by the way, I have heard that more American's are so on the fence, then ever before. I wish millions of Americans would do the same as me.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:08 AM

7,324 posts, read 6,946,285 times
If you know any thing about muslam teaching,women don't have much of a vote ,and that is where Obama is headed.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:12 AM

18,412 posts, read 19,068,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
If you know any thing about muslam teaching,women don't have much of a vote ,and that is where Obama is headed.
muslim...not muslam teaching may not hold women in high esteem however you are delusional if you think obama feels the same way.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:07 AM

990 posts, read 941,050 times
Quote:
================================================== ================================

The GOP supports the right to bear arms, which is about protection and you SHOULD know that. Just last week, a convenience store owner near me was held up by a man with a knife stuck up to his neck. The convenience store owner reached for his gun and scared the bad guy away. That kind of thing is why people are for guns.
I am for guns...not assault rifles with unlimited clips! There's a difference there. Why is it so important to these people to have a 50-round assault rifle? Why is that necessary?

Quote:
I am not for the death penalty, but I care more for saving innocent lives that are not able to take up for themselves then for adults who have done horrible things.
As of June 2012, 292 people previously convicted of serious crimes in the United States had been exonerated by DNA testing since 1989, seventeen of whom had been sentenced to death.
While I personally believe in the Death Penalty for people who are obviously worthless as humans (child molesters, rapists, people who are caught in the act of murder), this position you're taking is a perfect example of your hypocrisy. "I care more for saving unborn fetuses than actual, living, breathing humans"

Quote:
The GOP is not for "War without question". When you make outrageous statements like that, it does not put your opinions in a flattering light. Under your pres, more people have died in combat than Bush. Did you conveniently forget that? Sweet little Democratic presidents have KILL LISTS.? Well, this one does.
I AM NOT A DEMOCRAT!!!!!! How are you still unable to grasp this SIMPLE concept. I am a Libertarian, I support a minimal military budget, pulling troops out of every country other than our own and focusing our military budget on R&D to maintain a technological advantage over our enemies.

Bush started both wars. GOP presidents also ramp up military spending, and that's the written goal the GOP has put in their platform. They want to not only continue current policies, but they also want to build up against Iran and North Korea. It's certainly not in line with Jesus' who "turn the other cheek" idea, now is it?

Quote:
"In fact, the more you go to church, the more you support the death penalty"? That is just flat out STUPID! I don't know what kind of church you have gone to nor do I care, but I have NEVER been in a church that said it was ok to kill people! I will never get my teachings about Jesus from an atheists, thank you very much. And I don't appreciate an atheist telling me what I need to think to be a true Christian. You don't KNOW Jesus. Let me tell you a couple of things about my "Hippie Jesus", he hated big government (Rome), he hated big taxes, he loved free will and freedom. He believed in charity and responsibility for your actions. And don't confuse charity for welfare. Charity is an individual's decision to help another. Not for the government to take your money and put it into something else while falsely call it "charity". Enticing people to stay on welfare is not charity. It is a way to keep them down. It is a way to get their vote. That is what a Dem calls charity. I call it disgusting. A Christian would try to help a person to succeed and better themselves and their lives.
Look at the poll numbers. These are facts, not anecdotal ideas. Christians, especially those who attend church regularly favor the death penalty more than Atheists. If Christians are so against the death penalty, how come the poll says the exact opposite? Oh yeah, you don't care about facts!

Quote:
You are right about one thing. If Jesus were here, he probably wouldn't be a Republican. He probably would say he is independent, as do I. But, he would be conservative.
Jesus would be a Libertarian. Or a Green Party member. He wouldn't be a Republican. All of you mega-Jesus types who vote Republican are going to go to hell...you're supporting ideas that are against what the Bible teaches.

Quote:
And I will call you a biggot when you say hateful things about Christians because that is what you are. If you don't like it than maybe you should open your judgemental mind. I have never slaughtered anyone(as you are suggesting) who was different than me and I am not going to pay for anyone else's sin so don't give me that "Christians have killed people crap" because THAT is what is dumb.
Your Christian ancestors slaughtered my ancestors. Your Christian ideals have caused millions of deaths over the years.

Tell me, HOW did you first come to believe in Jesus and God? When did you start believing?

Old 08-29-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
================================================== ===============================
What I stated were the scientific varifications of "life" that should have been taught to you in elementary school. You can find it in 5th graders text book. Living without a host, breathing air, intelligence, and a guarantee of living are not a part of the scientific model. You can't just make up other things and call them "scientific" so that it proves your point.
This coming from a creationist...that's hilarious.

Quote:
Parasites live off of a host and are scientifically alive
But they are not human. You kill plants and animals, don't you?

Quote:
Plants do not breath air nor do most sea creatures, but they are alive
Wow, just wow. Plants don't breathe air? Really? They inhale CO2 and exhale Oxygen. That's called science.

Quote:
Intelligence definitely is not needed to be alive
Clearly, as you and your fellow bible thumpers are clearly living without it...
But actual brain power is what I was talking about. A human is not alive if they don't have a functional brain. The brain does not function for most of the period when abortions take place (the first trimester).

Quote:
And a guarantee in viability? Nothing is guaranteed. Ever. A child in the process of being born is not guaranteed of being fully viable. The child could be a month old or more before it is viable. Should we be ok with killing it too?
Since when is a 1 month old not viable? They are already alive, therefore, they are a viable human being.

Miscarriages happen all the time, do you want to punish a woman's body for involuntary manslaughter because her body killed off a human?

Quote:
There you go again with that judgemental biggotry "silly cult" stuff. I don't know who has hurt you, but it is not every Christian. I hope your hate doesn't affect your real life and I hope someday you can find peace.
How is Christianity any better than Heaven's Gate or Scientology? They are all cults. You follow some person as a prophet. You make silly rules based on a book of fiction. The only difference between Christians and those cultists is that unlike those cultists you people force your silly beliefs on the rest of us. At least the nutters in Heaven's Gate had the common decency to commit suicide in private.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Yeah, cause Obama is a Muslim right?

Seriously, what is he? Is he a member of a radical black anti-America CHRISTIAN church, or is he a secret Muslim hellbent on taking over the world with Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein (both of whom are still alive, right?)?

Old 08-29-2012, 10:26 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,722,431 times
It's hard to debate/discuss when one or the other or both parties come bearing preconceived incorrect notions. How does one argue ignorance by offering more ignorance?

Are all blogs this weird??

Old 09-01-2012, 10:08 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,964,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Abortion isn't a real issue?

Better tell that to your Republican legislators.........they are the ones who are wasting valuable legislative time and money on a "non issue".

State Abortion Restrictions Hit Record High In 2011

Tell me, how is resticting abortion rights going to stop wars, end illegal immigration and create jobs?

Seems to me Republican legislators are the ones who are acting on their own personal agendas instead of worrying about America.
Why would you agree to an abortion when the baby is 6 months old..........this is what the right is trying to stop!! Taking a life of a baby at 6 months is cruel......... Why in the world would you want to kill a 6 month old baby?? The women should have taken care of the embryo and not the baby before 24 weeks. This is what your article provided looking beyond the women not taking personal responsibility for her body. Some of you claim it's a womens right to her own body, then why are so many women irresponsible with their bodies?

That in the bold is some of the concerns we women should be concerned about this effects our life here in America and the children that already live here. The left acts like abortion and BC is what all women are concerned about, we should be much more concerned about our country. When rape and incest is involved the right is not trying to stop abortion.

Quote:
How dare you try to blame this state of affairs on women
How dare you to limit women to just two concerns...... womens rights (BC & abortion) you are also trying to limit womens voice,when women are only concerned about BC and abortion they do become a problem of not being very educated in why one gets pregnant and how to prevent the action. Teach your daughters how they become pregnant don't rely on abortion to be the birth control, older women should most certainly know how pregnancy begins. If a women can't afford BC than sex shouldn't be the first mistake.

Old 09-01-2012, 10:28 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,964,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
You are absolutely right!!!! This issue over abortion is crazy, especially in this day and age, with all the contraceptives out there, there should BE no issue of Abortion. It is stupid to get your self pregnant in the first place.

And to vote for a candidate on that one issue, to me is absurd and surely shows how stupid people are in this country, and it's no wonder this country is in the place it is right now.

Abortion will always be around, either legally or not, period. I don't approve of it either, but I also believe if one gets an abortion, that is between them and their God and none of my business.

I am so so so sick and tired of hearing, "it's the dems fault, it's the republican's fault"....when are people going to wake up and see, that both sides are corrupt...BOTH PARTIES are corrupt!!!!!!!
It is both sides fault, but the left is more of the party that supports abortion, over education. If this was taught more normally in heath education kids would get it. Girls are being taught it's not their fault and Plan Parenthood is making money off of killing babies, partial birth abortion is cruel..........

Quote:
Nothing is going to change in this election...I've seen this going on for years, and each president gets worse and worse, and drives us further into debt. You chose a rich man to run on the Republican Ticket, the only good thing he has got going for him is Ryan...but will things change, yup, just a little, to thow some crumbs to Americans...however, the same story will go on and on, it never changes and never will...this country isn't run by our government, period and they got us running back and forth, like chickens with our heads cut off, hating each other's party....

We're broke, our social systems are broke, immigration is broke, they keep allocating money to these social systems and no one is making them accountable for where it is spent and how it is spent.

Boy, I'm telling you this, I'm going in that voting booth this year, and I'm voting INDEPENDENT right across the board, just to send a message to our corrupt government...even if we're lucky enough to have a good candidate run, they sabotage that person with lies and money.

I shake my head at the stupidity of the American Public...when are any of you going to wake up and smell the roses, can't you actually see how corrupt we are and have become?
I agree with you , but the left seems to want to limit womens voices to just two issues. When women should be a voice to America that we have more concerns than unprotected sex, when women should be having protected sex or no sex at all. This womens right issue makes it look like all women want is to have sex and abort children, most women I'd hope take responsibility for this to not be their problem.

Voting for someone who has proved to be a failure is just asking for our country to fail. Borrowing money from China and spending more to get out of debt is a big failure on President Obama's part.

Quote:
Oh and 3~Shepherds, this post was not directed at you, what you said about abortion triggered this post. I cannot believe there are responsible people out there who will vote for a candidate, simply b/c they do or do not believe in abortion. Or because the candidate is a woman?????????????????????????????? Unbelievable. Honestly, last election, I actually heard college grads, with their Masters state, "I'm voting b/c she's a woman?????????????" Good God?
I didn't take this as directed at me.......... as a women I see we are all involved and I'm not asking for my "Special Right" I want to be completely involved in America being a strong country, not some lost sex craved country that thinks aborting babies is the answer to all womens problems.

People who vote because of skin color or shes a women doesn't cut it, it's the issues at hand and what they believe in their country the USA. This President said he wanted to fundamentally change America, that lost my vote right there no one has this right and most certainly not one man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections