Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 07:54 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,475,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
And a vote for Romney/Ryan is a vote for Obama/Biden because they are almost exactly the same. Tell me how much different is America under Obama than it was under Bush? Obama is carrying out what Bush started. If you put forth Obama and Romney/Ryan/Bush's policies and didn't give a name or a face for the positions you wouldn't be able to tell them apart. On every major issue in America Mittens and Barry agree. The War on Terror, the "Patriot" Act, the NDAA, warrantless wiretapping, fiat currency, the Federal Reserve, TARP, bailouts, stimulus, Gitmo, etc. Mittens and Obama agree on all of those. Their foreign policy is the same, I mean the exact same. They may tinker around on budgetary issues a little differently but both would increase the debt over the next decade.

So please spare us the drama about "America in decline under the tyranny of Barack H. Obama." I've got news for you friend, Mittens ain't saving us and neither is budget(chicken)hawk neocon running mate.
Keep throwing that tantrum and let your ideology lead you. Who cares about the country when you have an ideology to stick to right? You RP/GJ faithfuls are as bad as the Obama faithfuls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 07:57 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,989,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
And all of you that vote for RP or GJ will get the government you deserve. OBAMA/BIDEN! What makes you people think RP or GJ even have a chance at winning? There isn't enough of you supporters out there to even make a dent.
What makes you think that Romney is going to be any better than Obama? Look at his actual record and his actual history not just the pandering he does on the campaign trail. My god I'm sick of this "blank slate" phenomenon in American politics. Every election season voters just wipe clean the slate of a politician and pretend like their past and history doesn't matter and what they're really going to do if elected is what they're saying right now. Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it. Have fun voting for Mittens and pretending like it really matters. Voting for either of the "major" corporate boot licking bloodthirsty parties is essentially mental masturbation and doesn't mean anything.

Old 08-30-2012, 08:10 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,989,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Keep throwing that tantrum and let your ideology lead you. Who cares about the country when you have an ideology to stick to right? You RP/GJ faithfuls are as bad as the Obama faithfuls.

Quote:
Paul Ryan on Bailouts and Government Stimuli
-Voted YES on TARP (2008)
-Voted YES on Economic Stimulus HR 5140 (2008)
-Voted YES on $15B bailout for GM and Chrysler. (Dec 2008)
-Voted YES on $192B additional anti-recession stimulus spending. (Jul 2009)
Paul Ryan on Entitlement Programs
-Voted YES on limited prescription drug benefit for Medicare recipients. (Nov 2003)
-Voted YES on providing $70 million for Section 8 Housing vouchers. (Jun 2006)
-Voted YES on extending unemployment benefits from 39 weeks to 59 weeks. (Oct 2008)
-Voted YES on Head Start Act (2007)
Paul Ryan on EducationRep. Ryan went along with the Bush Administration in supporting more federal involvement in education. This is contrary to the traditional Republican position, which included support for abolition of the Department of Education and decreasing federal involvement in education.
-Voted YES on No Child Left Behind Act (2001)
Paul Ryan on Civil Liberties
-Voted YES on federalizing rules for driver licenses to hinder terrorists. (Feb 2005)
-Voted YES on making the PATRIOT Act permanent. (Dec 2005)
-Voted YES on allowing electronic surveillance without a warrant. (Sep 2006)
Paul Ryan on War and Intervention Abroad
-Voted YES on authorizing military force in Iraq. (Oct 2002)
-Voted YES on emergency $78B for war in Iraq & Afghanistan. (Apr 2003)
-Voted YES on declaring Iraq part of War on Terror with no exit date. (Jun 2006)
-Voted NO on redeploying US troops out of Iraq starting in 90 days. (May 2007)
OP/ED: Paul Ryan is No Ron Paul - Bedford, NH Patch

Please tell me how one is different from the other? Ideology, which you say like a cuss word, matters. Romney and Obama's ideology are essentially the same. Both believe in government interference in our personal lives, in the economy, and abroad. Nothing will change under Romney, nothing. If you think he'll actually repeal Obamacare you are delusional. Romneycare was his signature piece of legislation in Massachusetts and it's the framework for Obamacare, he's not going to repeal it. He won't repeal it because his history and record shows that he believes in it, he believes in the ideas and the ideology underpinning Obamacare.

Old 08-30-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:

Please tell me how one is different from the other? Ideology, which you say like a cuss word, matters. Romney and Obama's ideology are essentially the same. Both believe in government interference in our personal lives, in the economy, and abroad. Nothing will change under Romney, nothing. If you think he'll actually repeal Obamacare you are delusional. Romneycare was his signature piece of legislation in Massachusetts and it's the framework for Obamacare, he's not going to repeal it. He won't repeal it because his history and record shows that he believes in it, he believes in the ideas and the ideology underpinning Obamacare.
Yeah, ok. Like I said, RP is a loon if he thinks he can do ANY of what he said. The return to the gold standard? That's a death sentence for this country. The IRS? What? Pay NO taxes? Yeah, that would work...NOT! RP's positions are based on pure ideology of a world gone by. Again, he believes 911 was an inside job. You can't get anymore nuttier than that IMO.

Old 08-30-2012, 08:16 AM

Quote:

Another thing you fail to realize, Romneycare was a STATE thing, NOT a NATIONAL thing and Romney even said so. Do you understand that? If you didn't like the mandate in Mass. you could move, you can't get away from Obamacare and THAT is the difference.

Old 08-30-2012, 08:16 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,041,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Unfortunately the masses have been conditioned to think this way! And I still plan on writing in Ron Paul. Gary Johnson is certainly intriguing, but I don't yet know a lot about him. I'm still learning, but so far what I've heard thus far, I like. Perhaps in 2016? Either way, I won't be playing the "lesser of two evils" game, and if peoplet do want to play that, then you know what, we DO indeed get the government that we deserve!
Sadly a high percentage of the voting populace are complete and utter fools. The two powers in charge know this. So do the others like Paul and Johnson. I do like Ryan but as VP he won't be able to do much of anything. At least he won't run around making a fool of himself like Biden. My vote will cancel out my wife's vote at this point. That is about all I can do. lol

Old 08-30-2012, 10:31 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,199,875 times
Of course they are. You don't seriously think they'll vote for the black guy do you?

Super cereal tho the Paul people hate the Johnson people because the Paulites have hijacked the lolbertarian game to funnel money to themselves, and Randy boy is set up to be the Simba to Ron's Mufasa. It's a classic pyramid scheme.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:49 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,891,945 times
Default Is the GOP stubborn enough to think the Ron Paul crowd will vote for Romney regardless of their treatment this evening?

The answer to your question is, yes, the GOP does think the RP crowd will dutifully vote Republican despite their treatment. And for the most part, the GOP will be right. You guys will bluster and fret and make a lot of noise for the next few months, but in the end, we all know you'll vote Republican.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:55 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,963,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The answer to your question is, yes, the GOP does think the RP crowd will dutifully vote Republican despite their treatment. And for the most part, the GOP will be right. You guys will bluster and fret and make a lot of noise for the next few months, but in the end, we all know you'll vote Republican.

Get ready for a huge wake up call come November.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:00 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,081,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
As the GOP didn't put up a viable candidate this election, they're going to need every vote they can get, and it appears they may have lost a few million tonight. But I would suspect the GOP mainliners are stubborn enough to think we'll eventually "come around."

As a side note, I would just like to say I'm personally looking forward to assisting Romney's defeat this fall

Gary Johnson 2012
If you wait long enough, Obama will get around to pandering to the legalize dope crowd. He'll probably offer to subsidize the first six months' worth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections