Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 07:12 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,895,984 times

Advertisements

As the GOP didn't put up a viable candidate this election, they're going to need every vote they can get, and it appears they may have lost a few million tonight. But I would suspect the GOP mainliners are stubborn enough to think we'll eventually "come around."

As a side note, I would just like to say I'm personally looking forward to assisting Romney's defeat this fall

Gary Johnson 2012
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 02:39 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
As the GOP didn't put up a viable candidate this election, they're going to need every vote they can get, and it appears they may have lost a few million tonight. But I would suspect the GOP mainliners are stubborn enough to think we'll eventually "come around."

As a side note, I would just like to say I'm personally looking forward to assisting Romney's defeat this fall

Gary Johnson 2012
I don't think they care. The whole system is owned. They will have no problem with the machines creating all the votes they need. They keep the race close and there is a low threshold for recounts. It is a piece of cake. Look how easily they have stolen delegates and changed rules. Dems are no different. These are all "private" clubs.

Old 08-29-2012, 04:22 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,666,916 times
Quote:

Gary Johnson 2012
Wouldn't it be easier and more effective to simply vote for one of the two names on the ballot? I mean, really, just vote for Obama and admit you voted for Obama, because that's exactly what you're doing.

Old 08-29-2012, 04:27 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,895,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Wouldn't it be easier and more effective to simply vote for one of the two names on the ballot? I mean, really, just vote for Obama and admit you voted for Obama, because that's exactly what you're doing.
No it's not. I'm voting for Gary Johnson. My vote will not end up under Obama's column unless one of his community organizers puts it there.

Old 08-29-2012, 05:32 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,016,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I mean, really, just vote for Obama and admit you voted for Obama, because that's exactly what you're doing.
Why? I'm hoping Johnson is on "all" ballots. So there you have it - more than two names on the
ballot for President.

A vote for Gary Johnson is just that - a vote for him/Libertarian Party and OUR platform
I can't vote for either of the other parties if I can not agree on the platforms they present....

Libertarian Johnson aims to get on ballot in all states - Washington Times

"Mr. Romney’s campaign is making a concerted effort to keep him (Johnson) off the ballot in a state Mr. Obama carried in 2008 but where the GOP is bullish this year.

It’s my understanding that in Iowa, there has never been a third-party challenge, ever, in the history of the state,” Mr. Johnson said Tuesday.

Our view of it at this point is great. In Iowa, I think we’re getting attention that we otherwise wouldn’t have gotten. So, thanks very much to the Romney campaign.”

Old 08-29-2012, 06:02 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,299,216 times
Quote:

Gary Johnson 2012
By this I take it you are equally looking forward to another four years of America in decline under the tyranny of Barack H. Obama? Because a vote for anyone other than Romney/Ryan is a vote for Barack H. Obama.

Who is Gary Johnson?

Old 08-29-2012, 06:18 AM

37,796 posts, read 40,996,819 times
Who are you kidding? You decided what you were going to do long before the convention.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:25 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times
Well, as you saw from the change in the rules, the GOP made sure the old guard stayed in power.
Liberterians and the Tea Party were pretty much shut out and grassroots movements to change the face of the party were stopped in their tracks. The Dems don't need to worry about this happening because their OWS crowd are not politically organized enough.

While I'm not voting for Obama, this certainly isn't doing any good to get me to cozy up to Romney.
TPTB changed the rules to insure that they stay in power no matter what "the people" think or try to do.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:34 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,299,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Why? I'm hoping Johnson is on "all" ballots. So there you have it - more than two names on the
ballot for President.

A vote for Gary Johnson is just that - a vote for him/Libertarian Party and OUR platform
I can't vote for either of the other parties if I can not agree on the platforms they present....

Libertarian Johnson aims to get on ballot in all states - Washington Times

"Mr. Romney’s campaign is making a concerted effort to keep him (Johnson) off the ballot in a state Mr. Obama carried in 2008 but where the GOP is bullish this year.

It’s my understanding that in Iowa, there has never been a third-party challenge, ever, in the history of the state,” Mr. Johnson said Tuesday.

Our view of it at this point is great. In Iowa, I think we’re getting attention that we otherwise wouldn’t have gotten. So, thanks very much to the Romney campaign.”
Pollyrobin, I sincerely respect your support for a candidate you believe in; but, there is far too much at stake to continue that support at this point in time, for a man who has no hope of winning. Such support at this time is purly perfunctory, and serves no purpose but to aid those who wish to see Barack Obama re-elected.

It is time for conservatives of all stripes to unite. We simply MUST defeat Barack Obama if we are to save our country from total destruction, which is his goal. We cannot survive another four years.

Please consider what is at stake. I believe the Romney/Ryan ticket to be the best hope for the future of America and the free world at this time. We MUST turn this bus around. And I believe Anne Romney when she says, "This man will not fail!"

Old 08-29-2012, 07:04 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
I'm not buying what the establishment is selling.

I'm seated as a Romney delegate, but Paul will get my vote. No if's, and 's, or but's about it.

Especially after this corrupt, "change the rules during the game" move, that they have made, out in the public eye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections