Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 11:08 AM

20,454 posts, read 12,840,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Get ready for a huge wake up call come November.
Yeah, wake up to an Obama 2nd term! God, help us!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 11:20 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,036,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Of course they are. You don't seriously think they'll vote for the black guy do you?

Super cereal tho the Paul people hate the Johnson people because the Paulites have hijacked the lolbertarian game to funnel money to themselves, and Randy boy is set up to be the Simba to Ron's Mufasa. It's a classic pyramid scheme.
To fact check your article link, Gary Johnson left New Mexico with a Billion plus dollar surplus, not a million dollar one.

As far as what monies Paul collects/keeps, it has been a rumor in the past, yet to be proven publicly.

Whether Paul supporters do not come on over to the Libertarian Party does concern me, but it is
understandable in this regard:

Paul is very pro life and the Libertarian Party as a platform is pro choice. I'm not saying there are
not pro life advocates in our party, but as a whole it is not our platform.

Ron Paul was a hell of a good messenger and whatever "Paulistas" do, vote.
I just hope the vote is based on the issues and principle

NBC Smash - Shake It Out (with lyrics on screen) - YouTube

It's a ***** to find out the GOP does not respect you -
but then that is why there is an alternative: The Libertarian Party

Old 08-30-2012, 11:23 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,482,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
To fact check your article link, Gary Johnson left New Mexico with a Billion plus dollar surplus, not a million dollar one.

As far as what monies Paul collects/keeps, it has been a rumor in the past, yet to be proven publicly.

Whether Paul supporters do not come on over to the Libertarian Party does concern me, but it is
understandable in this regard:

Paul is very pro life and the Libertarian Party as a platform is pro choice. I'm not saying there are
not pro life advocates in our party, but as a whole it is not our platform.

Ron Paul was a hell of a good messenger and whatever "Paulistas" do, vote.
I just hope the vote is based on the issues and principle

NBC Smash - Shake It Out (with lyrics on screen) - YouTube

It's a ***** to find out the GOP does not respect you -
but then that is why there is an alternative: The Libertarian Party
RP was the one with disrespect. He ran as an R, lost in the primary and won't support the nominee of the party he is currently a part of. That is selfish, opportunist behavior. He is only an R to try and win in this election. He doesn't care about anything else. He declined his invitation to speak. He shot himself in the foot.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:31 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,336,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
RP was the one with disrespect. He ran as an R, lost in the primary and won't support the nominee of the party he is currently a part of. That is selfish, opportunist behavior. He is only an R to try and win in this election. He doesn't care about anything else. He declined his invitation to speak. He shot himself in the foot.
He had a right to expect the primaries he won get read into the record during the nominating process. It's the way it's always been done in the past. Last minute rules changes to make Mitt look better at the expense of Ron Paul and others who might have won a delegation or two shouldn't have happened. How is that disrespectful of him to think the time-honored primary process and voting should be honored? It was the Romney people being thin-skinned. The powers that be unnecessarily isolated and disenfranchised a lot of Paul's supporters from the party.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:32 AM

2,548 posts, read 2,168,122 times
The way they are treating Paul is shameful. Absolutely no respect.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
He had a right to expect the primaries he won get read into the record during the nominating process. It's the way it's always been done in the past. Last minute rules changes to make Mitt look better at the expense of Ron Paul and others who might have won a delegation or two shouldn't have happened. How is that disrespectful of him to think the time-honored primary process and voting should be honored? It was the Romney people being thin-skinned.
RP announced he wasn't supporting R/R before this all happened. Paybacks are a ***** in politics. He will think much longer about his actions next time.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
RP was the one with disrespect. He ran as an R, lost in the primary and won't support the nominee of the party
Let's be real here. We are talking about how the GOP treated Paul delegates.
Paul didn't have to support the nominee if their stances are polar opposite.
Paul declined an invitation to give a speech that needed "approval" from the GOP.

Seriously, the difference between Paul's vision of a GOP of yesteryear was one of non
intervention. Clearly not the stand Romney and others want to take. That is the main
reason, Paul stood out in the debates: his foreign policy.

Paul also has not endorsed Gary Johnson.

I've made no secret that the only reason I even registered as a Republican, was to vote for Paul
in the primary. Now, that he has no chance of being the GOP nominee, there is no reason for
me to continue an allegiance.

There are those that think they can be part of the Republican Party and bring it back to
something they remember it once being. Paul certainly was in that camp, and politically it
has served him well, running as a Republican.

I've always been a libertarian and a member of the Libertarian Party.
If folks like our issues and platform - come on over.

And for the record, the GOP as a whole, does not even know the meaning of the word respect.
In my mind, I'm glad the whole Paul is a Republican thing is over.
Because, seriously I do believe honesty is the best policy

Old 08-30-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Paul declined an invitation to give a speech that needed "approval" from the GOP.

Seriously, the difference between Paul's vision of a GOP of yesteryear was one of non
intervention. Clearly not the stand Romney and others want to take. That is the main

Paul also has not endorsed Gary Johnson either.

I've made no secret that the only reason I even registered as a Republican, was to vote for Paul
in the primary. Now, that he has no chance of being the GOP nominee, there is no reason for

There are those that think they can be part of the Republican Party and bring it back to
something they remember it once being. Paul certainly was in that camp, and politically it

And for the record, the GOP as a whole, does not even know the meaning of the word respect.
Again, he's an opportunist. If he really thought he had a shot, why did he switch to R? Makes no sense. If you are in that party you should support the nominee, if you don't, then don't expect anything in return. That's just the way it is and always has been. Paul is the selfish one here, don't you think ALL speeches were approved before hand? What makes RP special? He stomped his feet and took his ball and went home. The RNC made sure he stayed where he chose to go. Next time he'll put more thought into his actions.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:48 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,017,470 times
Quote:

Paul also has not endorsed Gary Johnson either.

Well polly I have said that I would still write Paul's name in. But Gary Johnson is quite intriguing. Hmmm....Decisions.... decisions.. decisions... Though I do know one thing I've decided, I'm certainly not voting for the other 2 status quo candidates.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Again, he's an opportunist. If he really thought he had a shot, why did he switch to R? Makes no sense.
Did I say approve - oops I meant censored

Paul was a Republican before he was a Libertarian.
He switched from Republican to the Libertarian Party in the early '80's
after Reagan came into office. He did not like the direction
Reagan was going with his "foreign policy".

Paul went back to Republican after '88. In fact, it is/was
easier to get elected as a Republican than a Libertarian at the Congressional
level. Call Paul an opportunist on that - I'd say you are right.

The Libertarian Party is young - started (1972) started by Repubs,
Dems and independents as an alternative to the other parties.
In particular, reaction to our involvement in Vietnam and our increasing
intervention foreign policies.

Sure, every one knows us as the "legalize pot party" but that is not all of who we are.

Dr. Paul's non interventionist policy is very strong. In fact, when the
GOP was trying to impeach Clinton, Paul voted yes, but it wasn't
because of Monica affair/lying but more because of Clinton's
foreign policy and bombing abroad.

And so you know, Ron Paul is retiring. I don't think you need to worry about him
"learning his lesson" next time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections