Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2012, 05:02 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
ok, whatever, he is still leading (on a fake poll of course, as any positive mention of president Obama is a liberal media conspiracy)
Well that depends on what the Dem to Rep ratio was used to conduct the poll.. Why is that difficult for you to comprehend?

Old 10-09-2012, 05:04 PM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Yes, I thought all knew that by now.

Old 10-09-2012, 05:05 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,203,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
What I find interesting is that the liberal media doesn't hesitate to remind everyone that no Republican has ever won the White House without winnnig Ohio. What they are NOT telling you is that ONLY ONE DEMOCRAT (JFK) has ever won the White House without Ohio. So all this crap about Romney and Ohio is just liberal spin. Obama needs Ohio too.....why else would he spend so much time and money there if he thought another path to re-election without OH was a forgone conclusion?

Not to mention that liberals still seem to have a real problem understanding MARGIN OF ERROR. It's hilarious the mental gymnastics you folks are engaging to parrot a MOOT POINT.
This has nothing to to with the "liberal media" , and everything to do with understanding basic math.

Obama has to win Ohio and one other swing state (at least as far as things stand right now) in order to win. He needs 19 more electoral votes to get to 270. The most likely scenario for Obama to win if he'd lose Ohio is to take Virginia and Iowa--he's ahead in both and it would put him over 270. He could also do it though a combination of other slightly less likely wins. If Romney loses Ohio, he'd have to pick up nearly every single swing state to do the same thing, including those where he currently doesn't have a lead. Count the votes--it's not that hard to sort out. Here's a map of how things stand right now.

RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Electoral Map

Old 10-09-2012, 05:06 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,565,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
A VOTING poll, not a favorability, and the one I posted was released an hour ago, from Ohio, which is what the OP is discussing.

it shows Obama at 51%, not 55%
Read my post carefully. I mentioned both the Ohio likely voters poll showing Obama leading Romney by 51 percent to 47 percent and Obama's favorability rating which is at an all time high at 55%.

Old 10-09-2012, 05:06 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,370,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Well that depends on what the Dem to Rep ratio was used to conduct the poll.. Why is that difficult for you to comprehend?
right. Every single poll having obama winning is skewed even Rammussen. Every one that has Romney winning is fair and balanced.

Old 10-09-2012, 05:07 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,593,544 times
Considering CNN had Hussein up 9 that's quite a fall. Also was taken before the debate. Might also want to check into the Democrat oversamples. But you liberal don't care about facts.

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-10-2012 at 05:47 AM.. Reason: language

Old 10-09-2012, 05:09 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I think taxes will have to go up, at least to repeal the Bush era tax rates that Obama and congress extended (yes, Obama is as much to blame), but beyond that, not so much.

We have to cut a hell of a lot of spending, period, there is no doubt.

Romney isn't cutting spending, the only thing he's talked about cutting is PBS funding. Nothing else. You can't slash taxes by 20%, and increase defense spending to 4% of GDP, and tell me you're serious about balancing the budget. Repeal Obamacare? Hell the CBO says that'll cut the deficit, and Romney sure sounded like he'd repeal it, then pass the same thing with his name on it.

I don't know how anyone could vote for either candidate that is serious about balancing the budget.

Just like Bush and his "compassionate conseravative" approach, you can't **** down my back and tell me its raining.
Well if Romney bows to the Saudis, the Queen Mother, and the Japanese I will be yelling bloody hell over that too.

I agree that Obama has been doing as you say to my backside and I know exactly what got nannied..

You and I are opposite side of the fence and we both know it too.

Romney is no Republican as i see things.... He is just the lesser of 2 evils. Obama is the laughing stock of the Earth not to mention the USA........

He just can't get enough of himself.... Everybody else has had too much......

The way he failed in the debate and recovered like a Victorian Virgin the next day was astonishing, except it was all just another lie!

Oh O h oh oh but he was so clever and whitty the next day, He was the life of the party and oh boy did he ever put Romney in his place then! Oh yeah, but he read ever last word off the telly!

Dammned to Hell loser!

For christ sakes i could do better than that myself, and so could ever other hater on here too!

Old 10-09-2012, 05:09 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,370,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
Considering CNN had Hussein up 9 that's quite a fall. Also was taken before the debate. Might also want to check into the Democrat oversamples. But you liberal don't care about facts.
why the anger posts and the insults? Why people get so angry when a poll favors Obama???

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-10-2012 at 05:47 AM..

Old 10-09-2012, 05:10 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Read my post carefully. I mentioned both the Ohio likely voters poll showing Obama leading Romney by 51 percent to 47 percent and Obama's favorability rating which is at an all time high at 55%.
You didnt at all mention Obama leading Romney by 51% to 47%.. here is the dam posting..
Quote:
CNN Poll: Obama leads Romney by 4 in Ohio:

CNN Poll: Obama Leads Romney By 4 In Ohio | TPM LiveWire

Romney's lil' debate bounce is fading fast after peaking last Thursday and Friday (when several of the polls showing him closing the gap or leading were conducted).

The fundamentals of the race have not changed. Obama's favorability rating is also at an all time high after the debate, now coming in at 55% as opposed to Romney's 47% (which is also Romney's highest number). Gallop also shows Obama rebounding to regain the lead he held over Romney before the debate.

Americans are smarter than you think.
When will Democrats stop LYING, and have a serious discussion?

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-10-2012 at 05:48 AM..

Old 10-09-2012, 05:10 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Quote:
CNN Poll: Obama leads Romney by 4 in Ohio:

CNN Poll: Obama Leads Romney By 4 In Ohio | TPM LiveWire

Romney's lil' debate bounce is fading fast after peaking last Thursday and Friday (when several of the polls showing him closing the gap or leading were conducted).

The fundamentals of the race have not changed. Obama's favorability rating is also at an all time high after the debate, now coming in at 55% as opposed to Romney's 47% (which is also Romney's highest number). Gallop also shows Obama rebounding to regain the lead he held over Romney before the debate.

Americans are smarter than you think.
LOL Um did you read the article from CNN it was +10 before the debate.

It's also within the ME. This race is not over but we are just throwing back at libs the nonsense you guys threw at us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections