Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2012, 01:33 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,930,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Nothing I or anyone else says or does will convince these people to do anything different than mindlessly vote Democrat. I live in Baltimore City, which has been ruled by Democrats for the last 50+ years. Nothing is EVER done to address the problems of the black community, yet the same people continually get voted in by the majority black population.

It's not my job to convince them that smaller government and an opportunity society are better for them than being government dependents. I don't pander and they clearly want to be pandered to. My opinions about the political philosophies of African Americans have nothing to do with me "hating" them or any such nonsense. If I couldn't cope with liberals I would have left Baltimore and Maryland long ago. They're just wrong and it's sad so many of them are so wrong for all the wrong reasons. If African Americans won't do the leg work to figure out why continually voting for the same party over and over with the same results isn't helping them, then oh well. I'll get by.
Nice job.
Now come back tomorrow and tell us just what in the hell the Republican party in this day and age is going to do for black people.
No really, wait until tomorrow. Sleep on it. Maybe something will come to you in your dreams.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:35 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Nice job.
Now come back tomorrow and tell us just what in the hell the Republican party in this day and age is going to do for black people.
No really, wait until tomorrow. Sleep on it. Maybe something will come to you in your dreams.
Like I said, I don't pander and that's what you're asking for.

Maybe it's just a difference between blacks and everyone else in that everyone else doesn't expect the government to take care of them.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
Here is the perfect example of liberals not having a clue what a lie is, or what truth is vs. predictions, opinions, and statistical analysis.
That would be great, if I were a liberal, but I'm actually not. I can assure you that I spent more time on this earth as a "conservative" than you have, but then I saw things for what they really were. I am honest enough to admit that I was wrong. I'm also honest enough to admit that you are wrong too, but that's for you to work out on your own. Maybe someday you will.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:38 PM

876 posts, read 709,037 times
Romney will definitely win NC. FL and Va are a little more iffy in my opinion. Still have a good feeling about them though. Especially when Ryan explains how he wants to handle Medicare to the seniors. After Thursday, I think there will be an even greater shift. Ryan will not allow Biden to lie about what their plans are.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:40 PM

177 posts, read 197,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
That would be great, if I were a liberal, but I'm actually not. I can assure you that I spent more time on this earth as a "conservative" than you have, but then I saw things for what they really were. I am honest enough to admit that I was wrong. I'm also honest enough to admit that you are wrong too, but that's for you to work out on your own. Maybe someday you will.
I couldn't agree more...A true "Conservative" would realize that a potential 8 years of Mr. Joe Isuzu would be far worse than just 4 more years of Obama. Oh, and if you think MItt is such a fiscal conservative, please explain why he wants to tripple defense spending.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Like I said, I don't pander and that's what you're asking for.

Maybe it's just a difference between blacks and everyone else in that everyone else doesn't expect the government to take care of them.
This is why I said you should wait until tomorrow. You did a very poor job here. Nobody said anything about the government taking care of them. That's not the same thing as asking what the GOP would do for them. The GOP will always do things for you that it will never do for them in what you think of as "their" communties. That doesn't mean the GOP is taking care of you. It just means they like you better than those other people.

They're not looking to be taken care of, but maybe they would like the same opportunities as you. Have you been in "their" neighborhoods? "Their" schools? They don't get the same basic things everyone else does, but they are doing better with Democrats leading the way, as opposed to Republicans who call them pathetic. Why should they change their voting habits now?

Old 10-10-2012, 01:44 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Admittedly CA, WA going red is rather far fetch but not so much OR. Large White Working class population outside Portland. I believe Bush lost to Gore by a few thousand in 2000.

In fact RCP has had it just a mere light blue for Obama most of the cycle.
That was 12 years ago and the state has gotten more blue. As for a "few thousand" the correct answer is Gore won Oregon by 6,000 votes, Obama won Oregon by 76,000 votes.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:51 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That was 12 years ago and the state has gotten more blue. As for a "few thousand" the correct answer is Gore won Oregon by 6,000 votes, Obama won Oregon by 76,000 votes.
A wave year and he only won by 76k? Hmmm OR may be a more reasonable get than I thought.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:00 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
A wave year and he only won by 76k? Hmmm OR may be a more reasonable get than I thought.
You clearly know nothing about Oregon, it is a healthy balanced state in the sense of politics that is represented 50/50 by blue urban cities and red rural areas that both know they have to work together to have a healthy state, but when it comes to presidential election there are more than enough liberal voters to make sure that is a blue state, which it is also a state that has some of the highest turn-outs in registered voters, is that something your state can brag about? The people in Oregon care about voting and care about sending good people to Congress and the White House.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:07 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
Exactly to be expected as more polls from last week are registered Edward. Romney did a good job last week. But with all things in politics moving so fast, bounces tend to not to last for either party.

I just find it funny that many on the right have gone from "Poll's are rigged and skewed to Polls now show Romney will win one month from now no matter what happens." Comical. Be happy Romney did so well to make it a race again because if the opposite happened, just imagine the posts....

There is no shortage of wishful thinking and denial on either side. If you think it happens only on the right, you've fallen victim to some magical thinking yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections