Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 11:05 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,331,786 times

Advertisements

Why would people be afraid to admit they'd vote for Romney? The stigma over voting for the negro is over now. Racism is either out and the open and people are openly admitting they're not voting for Obama, or they're voting for Obama. I don't think there's a silent vote here. There might be a large number of undecideds, or there might be people who simply won't show up to vote for Obama...that could happen. But being coy about a secret vote for Roms? Nah, I think that's fantasyland stuff. I think Romney has to hope that there is just absolutely sh*tty weather in swing states. Otherwise, hes' screwed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 11:08 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
All I'm saying is out of the 70-75% or so that claim to support Obama, maybe 2-3% might actually vote for Romney but not admit it. Not enough to make a difference but there's probably still some out there. If you are young and admit to supporting Republicans, you are immediately labeled a homophobe, bigot, white trash, redneck, Nazi, you name it.
Not only young voters, but many black voters will secretly vote for Romney, or not vote at all. Obama has a problem. He disillusioned many of those that supported him in 08. Now it's time to pay the piper.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:09 PM

993 posts, read 832,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zel Ya View Post
Well, I care how many Cadillacs Ann has when so many people these days can't even afford a used, rusted Kia.

Let alone a late-model Cadillac. Let alone two late-model Cadillacs.

The Cadillac gafee just confirms what we already know: Williard is an elitest rich guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
You are just jealous. This has been called the American Dream for generations and in a matter of a couple of years, Obama has demonized it. He makes me sick. Why are you falling for this BS? Mitt and Ann Romney give the equivalent of $10,000 EVERY DAY to charity. Would you do the same? Stop being jealous and see what you can do to improve the lives of those around you.
Also, I don't know your situation, but since you have the luxury of being on a computer right now, then you are much, much wealthier than most people in the world. Think of the view you just posted, and then realize that Obama's view is yours ...... globally. That means that globally, YOU ARE AN ELITEST! If you haven't seen 2016, you should. If Obama has his way, he will soon demonize all Americans the way he has demonized rich people (excluding himself of course). Then he will justify "spreading the wealth around" (including yours) to other countries to make everyone the same. I think this is what he means when he says he wants "a strong middle class."

Old 10-01-2012, 11:12 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,256,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
Meh. I have conservative friends that I love dearly and I'm in that age demographic. Anyone who is unwilling to befriend someone because they don't have the same political beliefs is probably not worth being friends with.
Pretty much the rule is if you are under 30 you support Obama unless you are very religious, which only a tiny minority of those under 30 are, or are into outdoor sports, the NRA, guns, and the like.

And I agree with you that anyone unwilling to befriend someone because of their political beliefs is not worth being friends with, but so is the way of this tolerant, enlightened generation. Anyone who is not a liberal is immediately assumed to be a homophobe, bigot, backwards Neanderthal and that person is not worth associating with. That is why there is so much political segregation among this generation. Ever wonder why so many young people want to move to places like Seattle, Austin, San Francisco, Portland, etc?

Old 10-01-2012, 11:12 PM

Quote:
homophobe, bigot, white trash, redneck, Nazi, you name it.
Courtesy of Obama's divisiveness. However, I think Nazi is more directed at the democrats.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
Courtesy of Obama's divisiveness. However, I think Nazi is more directed at the democrats.
I've been called a Nazi several times on this forum for espousing my conservative views. In person, I keep my political views to myself as well as my religious views unless I know the other person would be open to hearing them and on the same page.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:17 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
All I'm saying is out of the 70-75% or so that claim to support Obama, maybe 2-3% might actually vote for Romney but not admit it. Not enough to make a difference but there's probably still some out there. If you are young and admit to supporting Republicans, you are immediately labeled a homophobe, bigot, white trash, redneck, Nazi, you name it.
I think you lived in AR. you know that is simply not true. In fact, if you live outside of Little Rock, if you have an obama sticker on your car the baptist there think you must be Satan.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zel Ya View Post
"S-O-M-E BLACK CHRISTIANS."

"Some" encompasses a lot of territory. Please be more specific. Please!

From what I have read, the number of blacks supporting Romney are in low single digits. Percentage-wise, it's around 5 to 6 percent.
Are you serious? I am not out to prove anything. I have not done a survey or statistical analysis. My opinion is that "I think some black Christians will vote for Romney and not want to admit it." That's all you're going to get. And besides, if they don't admit it, how can that be calculated anyway, through ESP?

Old 10-01-2012, 11:18 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Quote:
I've been called a Nazi several times on this forum for portraying my conservative views. In person, I keep my political views to myself as well as my religious views unless I know the other person would be open to hearing them and on the same page.
I personally take a different approach. When I hear someone pontificating on liberal views in public, I debate them in public. If you can get a few people listening, it doesn't take long to poke holes in the liberal arguements and talking points. If I can change just one mind, then I am justified at least in my mind.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I think you lived in AR. you know that is simply not true. In fact, if you live outside of Little Rock, if you have an obama sticker on your car the baptist there think you must be Satan.
I am not sure if this is true with the younger generation. Most of the younger people I know in Fort Smith who aren't heavily involved in church are voting for Obama. I also saw several cars with Obama stickers on Rogers Ave last time I was in Fort Smith. There are a lot less stickers than there were in 2008 for both parties though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections