Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 07:41 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
First, you WISH I was left, lol

Second, why don't you get off your cracked potty throne and read the Ryan plan. I linked documentation to my comments--yours is just a typical rant from the nut job gallery--if you don't like the truth, deny deny deny even if the facts are put in front of you on a platter. It's like you live in another reality where people don't actually CHECK what you say...
I don't doubt that both parties would make cuts in a lot of programs afterall we are broke. This is where your lie was..... " Gotta make those cuts so we can give millionaires and billionaires tax breaks!

Old 10-03-2012, 07:50 AM

1,196 posts, read 839,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Ooops

"President Obama signed a bill today designed to improve veterans' health care, help homeless veterans and prevent political protests near military funerals.
"I think all Americans feel we have a moral, sacred duty towards our men and women in uniform," Obama said during a brief Oval Office ceremony. "They protect our freedom, and it's our obligation to do right by them. This bill takes another important step in fulfilling that commitment."

Obama signs veterans' aid bill
A bill sponsored by the Republicans; the empty chair had no choice with his job at stake and signed it holding his nose .

Old 10-03-2012, 07:56 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
I am very grateful for the care that the VA provides me, but they can only do what funding allows them to do. If you want to see your future with Obamacare, you need go no further than your local VA hospital or clinic. Waiting up to a year for an appointment for a cardiology exam, waiting over a year for a CT scan. The list goes on and yet the VA is still underfunded after how many wars and how many injured veterans? The way our government funds the VA is a disgrace and it is exactly what you will eventually recieve from government health care.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I am very grateful for the care that the VA provides me, but they can only do what funding allows them to do. If you want to see your future with Obamacare, you need go no further than your local VA hospital or clinic. Waiting up to a year for an appointment for a cardiology exam, waiting over a year for a CT scan. The list goes on and yet the VA is still underfunded after how many wars and how many injured veterans? The way our government funds the VA is a disgrace and it is exactly what you will eventually recieve from government health care.
Under obamacare you are going to have non medical political appointees (czars) deciding weather you get life saving treatment or you just get a pain pill and are left to die

Old 10-03-2012, 08:16 AM

Gop Jeff Miller sponsored vet bill

Old 10-03-2012, 08:18 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't doubt that both parties would make cuts in a lot of programs afterall we are broke. This is where your lie was..... " Gotta make those cuts so we can give millionaires and billionaires tax breaks!
LOL--you've got to be kidding me. The OP started a thread complaining about how veterans were waiting for health benefits while "Obama pushed Obama care." In the meantime, the Ryan plan is proposing an additional 11 billion dollar cut to health benefits for veterans, at the same time that it gives huge tax cuts in personal income taxes to millionaires and billionaires. You don't get it both ways--your guy wants to give tax cuts on personal income to the wealthy in the name of "job creation," (we have historically low marginal tax rates on personal income now--if that strategy worked we'd be recruiting workers from overseas to meet employment demands). At the same time he wants to dramatically expand other areas of military spending. The only way to pay for all of that and attempt to balance the budget is to 1) slash domestic programs and 2) eliminate current deductions commonly used by the middle class to pay for all of it. The really sleazy part is that the Romney camp WONT TELL anyone where they plan to make the cuts, because they know people would run screaming with pitchforks and torches if it's the most likely candidates--mortgage deductions, tuition deductions, etc. There's no opinion there--it's all fact. You seem to live in an alternate reality where 1 + 1 never equals 2...

Old 10-03-2012, 08:53 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
There was coverage on Ryan who was campaigning when he called on a man to ask a question. The elderly man, a veteran who fought oversees and is now living on $1000.00 a month. I was fuming when I heard that. How can "ANY" government leader justify that? When is Obama going to do something, anything? We need to get the able bodied people off the government payroll, both the people who want to work and the the people who never saw an honest days work in their lives and give more to the people who deserve it. Unfortunately we need jobs to do that. I am sick of all this bragging over nothing and sick of all the excuses.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:17 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
When is Obama going to do something, anything? We need to get the able bodied people off the government payroll, both the people who want to work and the the people who never saw an honest days work in their lives and give more to the people who deserve it.
So, you're calling for additional welfare, entitlements ... and adding to the 47% Mr. Romney has so cruely attacked recently? What about the GOP in Congress which has blocked action on Veterans legislation recently? And other 'do nothing' actions which have blocked legislation which would have aided not only Vets but active duty and others? I'm a bit surprised by your call for more welfare, though. Are you serious?

Old 10-03-2012, 01:20 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by London Girl View Post
The Republicans want you while you're useful - once you're injured or retired - forget it.

I've never understood why disabled vets vote Republican - they've had far more benefits under the Democrats.

And as for backlogs - well that's unfortunate but I'm sure investing millions of dollars to pay more administration staff would result in howls of protest from the right.

Republicans "pledge" to slash veterans benefits » peoplesworld

Of course.
And, they couldn't then use the current horrible situation to beat up the president.
The GOP cares nothing for our veterans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.