Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2012, 09:37 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,407,196 times

Advertisements

I think Biden did well (but he was very obnoxious and rude), but I would give Ryan the edge because he showed composure and didn't snap at Biden (which I would have done). Having said that - I will still not be voting for either one of the major parties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2012, 09:38 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times
Lady on tv just summarized it completely

Debate was about the economy, and foreign policies, and no one gave answers..

Old 10-11-2012, 09:38 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,034,448 times

CNN Focus Group Member: Biden Was Acting Like A Buffoon - YouTube

Old 10-11-2012, 09:39 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,788,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
LOL@ the desperate liberals pretending that Biden won the debate.

Ryan showed exactly why he should be our Vice President - he was professional, knowledgeble, calm, and decisive.

Biden was simply a joke.
Yep.

CNN/ORC POLL October 11 DEBATE WATCHERS Who Was More Likeable?
Ryan 53%

Biden 43%

CNN/ORC POLL October 11 DEBATE WATCHERS Who Was More In Touch With Problems of People Like You?
Ryan 51%
Biden 44%

Old 10-11-2012, 09:40 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,816,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If Mitt had been debating Ryan he would have laughed his ass off, too.
I agree with this. Ryan was saying some pretty funny stuff to me. I was laughing too in regards to him not knowing what they plan on cutting from the budget and saying that they would have to think about whether they will pull out of Afghanistan next year and how our troops are leaving that country...duh, most Americans want them out of there! It was funny that he thinks most Americans want to stay in Afghanistan and will believe him and Romney that they are going to "close loopholes" only on the wealthy but won't say which loopholes they are going to close. Funny stuff right there IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Something for you liberals to think about:

Romney had one of the most decisive victories ever in a debate last week.

Most are calling this one a draw but most highlight Bidens unprofessionalism

No one's vote is going to be changed by a VP debate. And there is no way 70 million even watched this. This fires up the liberal base, and also fires up our base due to Bidens rudeness.
I think it is funny you mention Romney had a "decisive victory" as if he went to war or something lol. But Romney was very unprofessional in his debate performance as well. Even so, I think he trampled Obama. Sometimes, actually I'd say most times in debates candidates need to have a bit of unprofessionalism in order to drive their point across. Think of Reagan with his "there you go again" and Gore's rolling of eyes at Bush lol. It shows their humanity IMO and is a breath of fresh air for someone like me who despises stiff suits and talking points.

27,624 posts, read 21,117,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
LOL@ the desperate liberals pretending that Biden won the debate.

Ryan showed exactly why he should be our Vice President - he was professional, knowledgeble, calm, and decisive.

Biden was simply a joke.
But you were gleeful watching Hyper-Mitt in action as he bulldozed over the moderator and any fact that got in his way as he did the Gish Gallop two step...weren't you?

11,011 posts, read 11,019,659 times
While slightly off topic, I must say after watching post debate analysis for this and the previous debate, CNN has shown itself to be the most balanced in their commentary and reporting. I find myself watching CNN more and more after these things.

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times
Haha, email I just got from Obama

Robert,

Let's get Joe's back, and say thanks:

https://donate.barackobama.com/Our-Team

Barack

Even Obama couldnt toute Bidens successful points..

1,460 posts, read 2,807,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
Biden showed the most bizzare, childlike, obnoxious behavior I have ever witnessed in any debate in my lifetime watching debates on TV; with his constant smirking, snearing at Ryan, and, with his constant interrupting of Ryan, so that he couldn't make his point. On the other hand, Ryan showed a calmness, and patient behavior with a gentle smile. Thank GOD, I was not Ryan, if I was in Ryan's shoes, that *******, Biden would have a fist in his mouth. I don't know who won the debate tonight, I haven't checked with all the blog sites, but I do know, with Ryan's calm demeanor, he would win hands down. Who ever actually won, I'm sure the public who watched the debate would agree with me. I would score another 5% gain for Romney/Ryan. Biden just lost it for O'bummer, who we all knew was a loser anyway.

You sound upset. Were you a Romney/Ryan supporter going into the debate?

Perhaps you just do not like seeing your guy lose and no matter what Biden says you wont like him anyways?

VP debates don't matter much.

Your post just sounds like perhaps you're not really qualified to have an objective opinion. Nothing wrong with that.

12,642 posts, read 15,594,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Fair comparison, considering when a train goes out of control you get a disaster.. Exactly what this administration is..
A disaster is what you get when you submit Romney, a weak flip flopper devoid of ethics for consideration of the Office of President of the United States.

The Republican's selected this loser and want to blame everyone for their weak field. Clearly they're incapable of the judgement necessary for the simple task of candidate selection. What a failed mission this was.

Most Republicans don't like Romney. Holding their nose while whining about Obama...

Romney was the "best" you could do?

Pathetic.

lol...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections