Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 05:48 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,353,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajanyankee View Post
^^now that's complete pwnage right there.
lmmfao! :d

Old 10-18-2012, 06:03 AM

235 posts, read 510,986 times
Sorry, but Romney was a failure as our Governor. I'm not thrilled with Obama but he surely gets my vote over Mitt. I've lived in MA my entire life and voted for the (R) Govs before Romney....but didn't vote for him and absolutely will not be voting for him as Pres.

Mitt cannot be trusted. He did this state no favors. He used us as a platform for his national political ambitions and walked away when he was done. He claimed to be a moderate as the (R) Govs before him and then changed his tune midway through when he knew he needed more conservative views to with the national ticket. The healthcare bill that he now runs from was about the only good thing he did for us while he was here.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:25 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,607,825 times
Lightbulb hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
What is there in Obama's record that shows he can be trusted?
Quite a bit.

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Campaign Promises that President Obama Kept

Old 10-18-2012, 06:30 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,378,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
The Commonwealth tracks sales and transfers of firearms. There is no gun registration. It's also free to make a transfer via that system. I know first hand having just sold a gun a few weeks ago in a private face to face transaction. The article that I quoted says Romney increased the fee on gun registration. Either way you slice it it's full of fail. Feel free to spin it any way you like. It fails. So the second link refers to firearms? Where does it refer to firearms registration? The fail boat is boarding now. I see your name on the manifest.
You have got to be kidding.

Are you seriously trying to say that "tracking the sales and transfers" is not the same thing as "registration?"

Take a really good look at this page:
Gun Laws

Even the state of Massachusetts calls it "registration!" See it near the top of the page?

"Firearms Registration and Laws"

What part of the word "registration" do you not get?

Here is an excerpt from an NRA INTERVIEW with Mitt Romney himself:
Quote:
Cox: As governor, you signed a major bill reforming Massachusetts' gun registration and licensing laws. Some in the media and elsewhere claim this bill was a reauthorization of the semi-auto ban in Massachusetts. What’s your response?
http://wramsite.com/forum/topics/nra...-with-romney-1

You can read his response yourself. I read it and Romney did NOT say "Oh we don't have gun registration in Massachusetts." If I missed it, you can come back and post pointing it out to me.

Talk about fail, your snarky comments have no place when you are trying to say that "is" doesn't mean "is."

Old 10-18-2012, 06:38 AM

235 posts, read 276,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post

Old 10-18-2012, 08:02 AM

32,119 posts, read 34,767,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGMetroWest View Post
Sorry, but Romney was a failure as our Governor. I'm not thrilled with Obama but he surely gets my vote over Mitt. I've lived in MA my entire life and voted for the (R) Govs before Romney....but didn't vote for him and absolutely will not be voting for him as Pres.
As I said before...

FAILURE.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:30 AM

756 posts, read 714,938 times
The folks who know Shady Mitt BEST ... the citizens of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts ... will soundly REJECT him on Nov. 6.

This speaks VOLUMES about Shady's leadership.

Are you LISTENING Independents and Moderate Republicans???

Old 10-18-2012, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader8 View Post
The folks who know Shady Mitt BEST ... the citizens of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts ... will soundly REJECT him on Nov. 6.

This speaks VOLUMES about Shady's leadership.

Are you LISTENING Independents and Moderate Republicans???
Basically.

Old 10-18-2012, 03:23 PM

756 posts, read 714,938 times
The citizens of the Commonwealth have seen Shady Mitt in action ... and they're gunna tell him to TAKE A HIKE on election day.

LMAO ... can you (dumb) con's say FAILED governor?

Old 10-18-2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader8 View Post
The citizens of the Commonwealth have seen Shady Mitt in action ... and they're gunna tell him to TAKE A HIKE on election day.

LMAO ... can you (dumb) con's say FAILED governor?
I definitely saw him in action (or inaction). It was sad because we had to sit and watch other states excel and thrive while Mass just got worse and worse every year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections