Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 07:59 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,009,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
People in Washington DC need to work for their country, not their political party.
I ABSOLUTELY AGREE. I personally think there should be a term limit for senators and congressmen and women - as well as Supreme Court judges.

We need to clean house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 08:03 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,125,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
YOUR reading comprehension must be out of practice because he did not say this was his tax plan, he clearly said, in your quote above, that ONE WAY that he could see it working was to give everybody a cap on deductions. And considering how HUGE that SAMPLE cap is, I don't think anyone should be worried about it EXCEPT those who are high earners... like the "millionaires and billionaires" Obama and the dems keep talking about.

Time and time again, Romney has explained that he has several ideas of how to make things work, but ultimately he has to convince congress, senate, and us! He'll have to work WITH everyone, no matter what their party is, to make it work. And we know he CAN do this because he too does have a record!! And unlike Obama, his record CLEARLY shows that he CAN work with other political parties.... Obama's record clearly shows he can not!

So, essentially, his "plan" is....ummm...no plan? I'll work it out when I get into the WhiteHouse? Really?

The 25K was an example, read the quote again. Or not, and stick your head further into the sand, or wherever you have it stuck.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:05 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,169,702 times
Quote:
I don't think he can pay for his plan by eliminating mortgage deductions on 2nd mortgages, vacation homes, etc. Nor can he pay for the plan by targeting high income brackets.

My post said, "it wont generate a bunch of revenue, but its a start"

It would just be nice if we had some specifics, at least it tells me what he thinks is important, etc..

Old 10-18-2012, 08:08 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,125,377 times
Quote:
My post said, "it wont generate a bunch of revenue, but its a start"
Dude, I know what you said, I was adding my opinion, relax.

Quote:
It would just be nice if we had some specifics, at least it tells me what he thinks is important, etc..
I agree, and I'll add, that it bothers me that there is a lack of specifics.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:23 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,009,909 times
Like I said, I believe that part of the lack of specifics is because he wants to make this a BIPARTISAN agreement and he very much has BIPARTISAN, UNIFYING goals, rather than the blatantly divisive goals and actions of the current administration. If he gives too many specifics, that alone will be divisive, at a bad time to be so. He knows full well (as any educated voter SHOULD know) that he cannot ramrod his ideas thru like Obama did in 2008 and 2009, because he doesn't have full control of the House and Senate, as Obama did. Any plan he has will HAVE to be bipartisan - so the parties will have to work together to formulate this plan.

I for one would love to see this happen. I am sick of the divisiveness and the class warfare. I find it the HEIGHT of hypocrisy for wealthy liberal politicians to try to convince their constituents that they really do understand their plight.

What all politicians understand is this - what side is my bread buttered on? We've seen how ruthless and arrogant both parties can be when they control the House, Senate, and Presidency.

It's not pretty.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:38 AM

3,398 posts, read 5,109,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I am voting whom ever is in favor of getting rid of income tax..

which one of the candidates is that???
I think property tax should be done away with instead.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:42 AM

3,398 posts, read 5,109,052 times
Quote:
So, essentially, his "plan" is....ummm...no plan? I'll work it out when I get into the WhiteHouse? Really?

The 25K was an example, read the quote again. Or not, and stick your head further into the sand, or wherever you have it stuck.
How can you give so much detail when you get only get two minutes in a debate and ultimately you do have to work with other people after elected that will have a say?

Old 10-18-2012, 11:49 AM

1,187 posts, read 996,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyngawf View Post
How can you give so much detail when you get only get two minutes in a debate and ultimately you do have to work with other people after elected that will have a say?
Evidently the Libs like the current way of doing things... if you don't get what you want from a bi-partisan group, you force it through by any means available. Screw the constitution, screw the american public, they know whats best and they'll get it no matter what.

And all this from the people who are ok with "You have to pass it to see what's in it"!

Old 10-18-2012, 01:03 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,211,794 times
I think this country will have a boom if Romney wins
I personally will dance in the streets!
If Obama somehow cheats and gets the election, we are going to see a great depression
in the people, because we know it is going to get worse, business going out and selling out and generally
a horrible time, not to mention money leaving this country by the buckets
look at France, the millionairs are moving to London, any of them coming here?
Hell no!!

Old 10-18-2012, 05:28 PM

185 posts, read 253,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I use standard deductions since I'm a renter and get the measly max of $2500 for student loan interest which only reduces my AGI and results in a net tax savings of about I don't $100 if that.

Why should I be forced to subsidize people getting mortgages and the real estate industry?
Since you lobbed this one up there sooooo nicely;

Why should anyone subsidize your education?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections