Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 06:52 PM

25,574 posts, read 56,507,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanahano View Post
what makes you say Romney is wrong, have you forgotten this man is a very successful businessman with Bain Capital and his successful Staples??
You like $12/hr jobs? Alrighty, then. This tells you Romney is a predatory thief.

Greed and Debt: The True Story of Mitt Romney and Bain Capital | Politics News | Rolling Stone

Quote:
Also what makes you say those economists are right, not all economists say Romney's plan failed.
This:
Quote:
The truth is, Gov. Romney is ignoring facts and history while employing seriously flawed economic logic. The evidence shows that the kind of tax plan Gov. Romney proposes to implement is a job killer. What’s more, successful tax plans of the past followed a different path than the one Gov. Romney now outlines. A number of economists dug into the numbers to demonstrate that the Romney economic plan would, if anything, push our economy back into recession and cost Americans jobs. This issue brief details the following:
  • Gov. Romney’s 59-point plan for job creation will do the opposite, costing 360,000 jobs in 2013 alone by our conservative estimate.
  • Gov. Romney and his advisor’s insistence on supply-side economics that didn’t work in the past and won’t work now.
  • There is broad consensus and economic evidence that now is not the time to implement the spending cuts and deficit-reduction measures the Romney campaign is proposing.
In short, Gov. Romney’s plan does not contain any new or innovative policies to stimulate job growth and instead will bring back the Bush-era supply-side strategies that stunted job growth and led to the Great Recession. Let’s now delve into the details.

Romney Has No Real Jobs Plan | Center for American Progress Action Fund
Read the article for the details. We aren't allowed to quote large pieces of text on this board.

Quote:
For your own good, Obama's advisers say that our unemployment rate should be 5.4 % with his stimulus package even though it's now 7.8%
Wrong, again. Stimulus package worked to keep jobs. It just wasn't BIG ENOUGH. I know you won't believe Krugman, but here is just one, easy-to-find source. He predicted the FAILURE before it happened because it was be TOO SMALL. For your own good, you best inform yourself correctly.

What the centrists have wrought - NYTimes.com

How Did We Know The Stimulus Was Too Small? - NYTimes.com

The double whammy of an IMPLODED FINANCIAL SYSTEM and PERMANENT LOSS OF MANUFACTURING JOBS, made any expectation of a normal recovery completely impossible.

Quote:
he's splashed an additional 6 TRILLION dollars deficit. How can you trust Obama with our deficit?
Because it's grown at a slower pace than George Bush. This from The Wall Street Journal/MarketWatch:
Quote:
In the 2009 fiscal year — the last of George W. Bush’s presidency — federal spending rose by 17.9% from $2.98 trillion to $3.52 trillion. Check the official numbers at the Office of Management and Budget.
• In fiscal 2010 — the first budget under Obama — spending fell 1.8% to $3.46 trillion.
• In fiscal 2011, spending rose 4.3% to $3.60 trillion.

There has been no huge increase in spending under the current president, despite what you hear.

Obama spending binge never happened - MarketWatch
My question to you is HOW can trust our budget and deficit to a liar like Romney?

Quote:
Obama's plan is a recipe for failure and what is most shameful is we are borrowing money from other countries like China.
Huh?? We've been borrowing from China for decades. Did you just discover this now? By the way, we are borrowing less than in the past:

Quote:
Yet by a variety of financial measures, China is figuring less prominently than in the past. China holds 10 percent of the U.S. public debt today, compared to 12 percent two years ago.

China less of a U.S. creditor as it becomes more of an election issue - The Washington Post
I suggest you inform yourself of the REAL FACTS. Not false information which dovetails with Romney's lies.
Quote:
Obama's plan is a recipe for failure and what is most shameful is we are borrowing money from other countries like China. P.S Romney did not change his plans
Then why did he deny his plan before 60 million viewers? He's a fraud. Romnesia is a perfect description of his prevarication (that's lies) and obfuscation (flim flam, double-talking, read-between-the-lines, smoke screens).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 07:31 PM

42 posts, read 36,979 times
Alright one different thing, Romney is providing jobs to America unlike Obama who doesn't mind if Apple sends its jobs to China. I know Bush plays a part in this but Obama too. Obama is a weak willed leader who lies and does his beautiful blame game. Our economy started noticeably recovering when the Reps controlled the house in 2010. Had they not, we would be having 9% unemployment. AND Obama has added more debt than all 43 previous presidents before and this graph only goes up to 2010. The debt is now 16 trillion. The Obama lies continue: I
File:Composition of U.S. Long-Term Treasury Debt 2005-2010.PNG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia This is the countries
that we owe and the amount of debt we owe China declined very little and in the long time rose a lot.
Our economy has grown slowly my friend, considering the amount we've spent we should be out of this mess. It was not solely Bush's fault, it's blamed on Bush and EU. Now Obama has also proved he can't cooperate with congress.

I trust Romney because unlike you, I don't believe the Obama's lies or the liberal media such as NBC and ABC about him. And he's a successful businessman, he knows how to get the economy working unlike a lawyer lol. How can you trust a lawyer more than a businessman to solve our economy. Had we spent more with this stimulus, we would be having wars with countries we owe our debt to. Even if Obama's spending dropped, why is he adding more debt than ever before?? Bush spent more because he had tons to spend and it may shock you but his wars were pretty well spent keeping us safe by weakening Al Qaeda and introducing two Pro American allies where we can get oil (Iraq) from and minerals (Afghanistan).

Old 10-22-2012, 08:01 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,211,133 times
Quote:
Romnesia is just another way for this hypocrite president Obama to try to attack Romney. This clown should be telling us what he will do rather than attacking his opponent. Obama, hypocrite saying Romney has no plan, well.. view his website, he has a TON of details how he will solve it most famously his 5 point plan. I still have no clue what Obama is trying to do for Americans other than lie to get a second term and waste another 4 precious years. The only thing he says he will do have not been done such as giving initiatives for companies investing in the States.
This must be your first election season.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:34 PM

Default Have you forgotten the Promises of Obama in 2008?

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
This must be your first election season.
Are you also another gullible short minded liberal? Have you forgotten the failed promises when you elected Obama? Are you seriously pleased with our 16 trillion debt, 22 million people out of work and middle class income dropping by 4.3k dollars? Do you remember Mr. Obama saying the unemployment will be 5.4% now and promising to halve my deficit instead he's added 6 trillion dollars. And oh please...have you forgotten a recent Obama lie about calling the Libya embassy killings were sparked by a youtube video? How can you vote for a man with so many broken promises/ lies, his willingness to spend time attacking his opponent than getting work done and his many new pledges I know he won't do as he hasn't done it after 4 years, for example his toughness on bringing jobs home and trying to make peace with the middle east which again was a broken promise he made 4 years ago. His passiveness with Syria, letting Al Qaeda spread to Libya and installing the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt is not good foreign policy.
I hope you realize that your vote for Romney will avoid these problems above. He knows what it takes to get the jobs back, he's a successful and well praised business man who does have a plan, his 5 point plan. His foreign policy will put America back into the influence of the world, while I disagree we should go war, war, war I agree with Romney that the Syrian rebels should be given some military weapons to stop the bloodshed that has killed 30000 of his own people which is unacceptable by a leader. On Iran, there was a clear warning by Mr. Netayanhu that Iran may be only 10% from a nuclear bomb, we must persuade Iran's allies Russian and China to turn their backs on them. If we do, Iran finally with the whole world against them will stop.
PLEASE VOTE FOR ROMNEY, HE WILL BRING BACK THE AMERICA EVERYONE IN THE WORLD KNEW: STRONG AND ADMIRED.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:41 PM

25,574 posts, read 56,507,533 times
Quote:
Are you also another gullible short minded liberal? Have you forgotten the failed promises when you elected Obama? Are you seriously pleased with our 16 trillion debt, 22 million people out of work and middle class income dropping by 4.3k dollars? Do you remember Mr. Obama saying the unemployment will be 5.4% now and promising to halve my deficit instead he's added 6 trillion dollars.

PLEASE VOTE FOR ROMNEY, HE WILL BRING BACK THE AMERICA EVERYONE IN THE WORLD KNEW: STRONG AND ADMIRED.
OK - reading your responses to me and UrbanLife, you are now officially on Ignore. I thought you were a serious poster willing to engage in discussion. Sadly, you have conveniently ignored every rebuttal I made to your unsupportable statements and, instead of presenting opposing evidence, continue to repeat the same original inaccuracies.

Proceed to cut and paste your way through this board. I won't be reading any of it.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:00 PM

Ok then, I have already given evidence. View the wikipedia page of the foreign debt America owes and our owing to China has gone up a lot from 2005 and slightly decline in those two years, I mean slight as like nothing. I don't know what I've done to make me ignore me but also all my points were already made by Mr. Romney when attacking Obama and if they weren't true, the liberal media ABC would have hammered him but they didn't. I'm sorry that I forgot to tell you my source for this was from the debate but still, it's obvious that my statements were true. Netayanhu's plea was made in the UN and was in the headline of the New York Times and since you're from Wisconsin you won't know that.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:04 PM

And seriously my comments are all true, have you viewed the debates?? Have you searched any of my statements before saying they are false? Ok I admit I didn't provide evidence but it's obvious they're true considering they were used for the debates and are widely approved on the web and newspapers. Anyway the media is very liberal, all of them are supporting except Fox are pro Obama. And for your evidence, CNN's Candy Crowley supported an Obama lie only to admit being wrong, but the damage had already been done because people only watch the debates and don't watch other news and sorry but I did read that ABC and NBC didn't report Candy's mistake rather attacking on Romney's
"Binders full of women" http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2...dge-out-romney

CNN's Candy Crowley: Romney Was Actually Right On Libya - YouTube

And for the perception that the media is bias, sorry I couldn't get the url because when I use it, it won't go to the page go to wikipedia's Media Bias in the United States and it shows how almost all the fame news sites like CBS, ABC, and NBC, cable channels CNN, MSNBC and Current TV, as well as major newspapers, news-wires, and radio outlets, especially CBS News, Newsweek, and the New York Times are all liberal, while only NewsMax, WorldNetDaily, and Fox News have been found to be pro conservative. You can see by just counting that 8 liberal vs 3 conservative shows that the media is liberal.

Last edited by tanahano; 10-22-2012 at 10:15 PM..

Old 10-22-2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I don't know, it has a ring to it....granted it is against your guy and his inability to stay on point without contradicting himself at every turn.....I know, it's hard, but it will be okay. It is coming soon and this will all be over and we can get back to enjoying four more years of Obama....which I know you will want to feel bad for Romney, but don't he will still be plenty rich and living the good life.
Now isn't this person a liberal supporter? How can you enjoy the suffering of these tough 4 years. All my points have been stated in debates: High unemployment, broken promises and failing foreign policy of misleading us about Libya.
Obama's broken promises: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...romise-broken/

Old 10-23-2012, 08:53 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,211,133 times
Quote:
Now isn't this person a liberal supporter? How can you enjoy the suffering of these tough 4 years. All my points have been stated in debates: High unemployment, broken promises and failing foreign policy of misleading us about Libya.
Obama's broken promises: PolitiFact | The Obameter: Campaign Promises that are Promise Broken
Actually we are better off than we were four years ago, in my industry alone, architecture, I had to stay out of that field four years ago because firms were shedding employees left and right and now they are actually starting to hire again which looks like a much more promising future is coming.

Based off your posts, I am guessing you get all your political information from limited sources.

Care to tell me how Romney is going to lower the deficit? How his tax plan works? What he is going to do that is different than what Obama has done with foreign policy? (seeing last night Romney just repeated everything Obama said.)

You are welcome to vote for whoever you like, but don't expect me to vote for your guy just because you like him so much or because you hate our President so much.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:34 AM

That's weird, I am not better off than four years ago, by the way I'm a college student, in a year I'm leaving college and I'm sad with my grim future of having to struggle to find work in my major, my degree is in accounting. What makes me more upset is the rising prices of college tuition and I'm in huge debt, I can't believe our president says he will focus on education when college tuition fees are 25% higher under his term.

Romney will lower the deficit by firstly closing the loopholes, abolish Obamacare, stop funding Amtrak, PBS and anymore failing government sponsored companies, bring in the Keystone pipeline which will bring new jobs (drilling), have American exports grow by having countries like China have their currency be revalued which will give our businesses and foreign ones opportunities to finally make things in USA. Making things in the USA will have our millions of our people having jobs. Now would you trust a successful businessman or a lawyer to grow our economy?

His tax plan is to lower taxes, not increase taxes on the middle class, another lie by our president, keep taxes the same for the rich, not lower them another lie by Obama. Lowering taxes encourages small businesses to grow, it will help businesses invest here with our lower corporate tax rate of 25% with Romney instead of 35% with Obama thus creating jobs for our people. Are you content with slow economic growth and so many people living on food stamps? We have a choice to either vote for a candidate whose plan will work than a candidate whose plan for our economy is to attack Romney as a failing businessman and label his failing plan as successful. Who would you choose?

His difference with Obama is for China, he will call them a currency manipulator and make sure they play by the rules in their currency value, Russia, he won't give Putin any backbone, he won't betray Israel and will convince Russia and China to stop supporting Iran. And for Syria unlike Obama's passiveness, he will arm the rebels to make sure mass murderer Assad goes. For Afghanistan, Romney wants to actually finish this war and unlike Obama instead of just destroying Al Qaeda, he will make sure that there will be no new Al Qaeda because his goal is for muslims to realize the atrocities of terrorism and be on friendlier terms with the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections