Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 12:35 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,211,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Nah. Just Baraknaphobia.
Oh my god, that is too funny!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 12:50 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,345,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Oh my god, that is too funny!!
Unless you live in Libya, Iraq, or Afghanistan. Or are held in Gitmo in solitary. Or unemployed in Ohio.

Someone not named Romney made promises about those places. And those people.

I guess forgetfulness is selective when it comes to campaign promises.

But funny? I suppose. To some people.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:59 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,211,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Unless you live in Libya, Iraq, or Afghanistan. Or are held in Gitmo in solitary. Or unemployed in Ohio.

Someone not named Romney made promises about those places. And those people.

I guess forgetfulness is selective when it comes to campaign promises.

But funny? I suppose. To some people.
Well Libya is dealing with their own problems with government change, the Iraq war is over, and the Afghan war is on its way to being over, and no State wanted the Gitmo prisoners and I don't blame them. So nothing selective there....but I will still give it to you, that was a funny term that made me laugh, good to see a Con with a sense of humor....unless you were upset about the term "Romnesia" which in that case you might be missing a sense of humor.

Old 10-21-2012, 05:12 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,168,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Not as much as:

If you vote for 0bama, you might have had an 0botomy.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:18 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,320,756 times
I like etch-a-sketch Mitt better than Romnesia Mitt but both are very fitting descriptions of a guy can't keep his political positions straight from day to day.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:33 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,534,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I like etch-a-sketch Mitt better than Romnesia Mitt but both are very fitting descriptions of a guy can't keep his political positions straight from day to day.
Heck, at least he has positions. Obama has rhetoric.

Speaking of forgetting, I guess Obama "forgot" to submit a budget for the last 4 years, which must be how he lost track of the deficit he said (rhetoric) he was cutting, but somehow tripled.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:23 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,769,784 times
Folks think this is shallow, and of course it is. Funny too!

And it is good to remind people that the well-quaffed, perfumed Romney he is selling as a closer, is not the way he would lead. He is a spineless opportunist who says whatever he has to to whomever to get ahead. And he seems to think we will not notice.

That is the plain, simple truth.

Folks on this forum seem to agree with the fundamental premise. He is not trustworthy.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...tt-romney.html

The Big Bird ad also pointed out the phoniness of Romney's fiscal priorities. Cut taxes for billionaire, balloon the military, and axe PBS. Even if the math was not a complete fantasy, it would show where Romney's priorities are.

Another plain, simple truth.

Last edited by Fiddlehead; 10-21-2012 at 10:44 AM..

Old 10-21-2012, 10:36 AM

46,322 posts, read 27,139,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Folks think this is shallow, and of course it is. Funny too!

And it is good to remind people that the well-quaffed, perfumed Romney he is selling as a closer, is not the way he would lead. He is a spineless opportunist who says whatever he has to to whomever to get ahead. And he seems to think we will not notice.

That is the plain, simple truth.

The Big Bird ad also pointed out the phoniness of Romney's fiscal priorities. Cut taxes for billionaire, balloon the military, and axe PBS. Even if the math was not a complete fantasy, it would show where Romney's priorities are.

Another plain, simple truth.
I guess saying that UE would be under or at 5.5% if the stimulus was passed.......What would that be? A spineless opportunist who says whatever he has to whomever to get ahead?

Old 10-21-2012, 10:42 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,769,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I guess saying that UE would be under or at 5.5% if the stimulus was passed.......What would that be? A spineless opportunist who says whatever he has to whomever to get ahead?
Nice deflection. He was overpromising, to be sure, but I think there is much more to that issue, and you know it too. As far as presidential promises go, Obama has done pretty well. Osama Bin Laden would agree.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:07 AM

46,322 posts, read 27,139,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Nice deflection. He was overpromising, to be sure, but I think there is much more to that issue, and you know it too. As far as presidential promises go, Obama has done pretty well. Osama Bin Laden would agree.
What deflection? You were talking directly about how a person will say anything to get what they want. I told you what obama said 4ish years ago....this is directly related, sorry you disagree.

Oh yea, there is more wrong, osama....this is about the highlight of obama's 4 years....however, if clinton would have taken him 10+ years ago....obama would have nothing.

You have to take the good with the bad with everyone, even your own boss....there are things you are going to like and absolutely hate. It is up to you what you are willing to deal with, in the end.

I'm a life NRA member, do I like everything the NRA does? Nope....but in the end I know what they stand for.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections