Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 05:04 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,451,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
When that is all the left has....I guess a catch phase will just have to do, cause you lefties have nothing else to work with.......
You've stated 'all the left has' on a plethora of subjects that show what a reject Flip Smarmey is. 'nothing else to work with' - there are new reasons and topics to discuss why Flip will lose coming forward each day, and they get more and more intense each day.

Your efforts to minimize your candidate's lousy position aren't really working. But keep up the good work, I'm sure I'm not the only one who laughs at these types of posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 05:05 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,042,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Exactly right. This country has serious problems and all the Left/obama can talk about is abortions, contraceptives, binders, big bird and now this.

See, this is why the Left is a FRINGE of society - they have no idea how poorly this goes over with normal voters.
Three weeks to go, and he and the left are desperately trying to find the right "hashtag" thinking all they need is a good gimmick or catch phrase to lock up victory.

It is desperation or ignorance. Has he not figured it out yet that Americans, not counting drones or morons, are absolutely sick of this silliness? If he had anything to run on, he would. But he couldnt defend his term in the two debates hes had, and he cant offer up what he would do with another term. So he attacks and uses gimmick after gimmick. I say fine, let them. It isnt going to help. The only people who eat it up are the people who already carry water for him.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:09 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,683,872 times
It is a kinda catchy little word.

Unfortunately, 0bama is the one with romnesia.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:11 PM

11,832 posts, read 5,816,767 times
I'm democrat but am pretty embarrassed to admit it with all the ploys Obama lovers have stooped too. I'd think you all would be embarrassed to continue to support a man, who can't stand behind his promises. It's not about being democrat,liberal, republican or conservative - open your eyes and see exactly what each candidate is offering. If you don't like Romney - than cast a write in - I'd rather have the hope that a new person will fulfill their promises than the knowledge that the current one didn't fulfill his the last four years and he would be a lame duck in his second term. Imagine the damage he can do to this country.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:15 PM

25,574 posts, read 56,512,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MA2NC2012 View Post
NOW is the time to say NO to necons or else they will pull some new and funky rabbit from their hat and we the people will have NO say in the war on IRAN/SYRIA or whatever country they decide to go to WAR with.........
You got that right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
The only folks who have amnesia in this election are the ones voting for Obama, cause if they remembered what a crappy 4 years it has been and how many broken promises went along with all that Hope and Change, they wouldn't be voting for him again.
Funny. I remember four years ago the US on the verge of economic collapse, with the banking/financial system in tatters, DJIA plummeting, fighting in Iraq, jobs being shed at the rate of 800,000/mo., with the US being hated as being an overbearing bully.

Today, finally, DJIA is back over 13,000, we are out of Iraq, stopped the job losses. Overall, the Titianic is heading in a better direction, and our foreign relations are based on reasonable discourse instead of cowboy, knee-jerk diplomacy.

This was not your father's recession. It is unrealistic to expect a recovery in three years when we were shedding jobs throughout 2009 and 2010. In the 80s we still had our manufacturing base and banking system. Today there are no jobs to come back to. And, the banks are still skittish about lending after their near-death experience in 2009.

The scenario of the 2009 recession is unique, akin to that of The Great Depression.

That said...

Do I like the ACA? Not really. Would have preferred a single-payer system, but our politicians are owned by the big-money lobby of the health insurance industry which wouldn't allow it.

Do I like the continuation of the Bush tax cuts? Absolutely, not. But the rich have to keep on getting richer, so no progress there.

Do I like the cut in the payroll tax? Absolutely, not. It undermines SS. But that, along with the Bush tax cuts, were the prices paid for continuation of unemployment benefits for all those who'd been thrown out in the street by our crooked bankers and politicians.

Yes, Obama needs to improve his negotiating skills with Congress. I don't think he's been tough enough. He doesn't know how to exercise power. But, Romney would be extremely dangerous in the opposite direction.

Therefore, I'm staying the course.

I suspect you, too, may be a victim of selective ROMNESIA.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 10-19-2012 at 05:37 PM..

Old 10-19-2012, 06:55 PM

37,185 posts, read 19,241,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Yeah, so was Big Bird and binders. How well do you think that worked out? Keep up with your stupid silly catch phrases. I assure you, most people who arent his supporters, are sick of the stupid phrases and gimmicks. That is how out of touch you people are, that you fail to see that.
So, if they already aren't his supporters, why should we give a rat's ass what they think??

Old 10-19-2012, 07:02 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,648,890 times
I laughed when I first heard it and I'm a conservative. You gotta have a sense of humor about the elections. However, I'll also be laughing on election day when Obama is handed his pink slip by the patriots of our great nation.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:17 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Per President Obama:

"If you say you're for equal pay for equal work but you keep refusing to say whether or not you will sign a bill that protects equal pay for equal work, you might have Romnesia.
If you say you will protect a women's right to choose but you stand up in a primary debate and say you'd be delighted to sign a law outlawing that right to choose in all cases, then you have definitely got Romnesia.""

The best part:

""If you come down with a case of Romnesia and you can't seem to remember the policies that are still on your website, or the promises you have made over the six years you've been running for president, here is the good news: Obamacare covers pre-existing conditions," Obama bellowed. "We can fix you up. We've got a cure. We can make you well.""

'Romnesia': Obama Coins Mitt Romney 'Condition' (VIDEO)

Four more years!!
that is something that has been around for the last week or so and is totally silly. Let's all get on with the election and stop this nonsense....

Old 10-19-2012, 07:35 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,985,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MA2NC2012 View Post
You have said it so based on what?????
I don't TRUST Romney cuz of his infinite positions on every issue under the SUN.
With Obama we know he does not want to send our guys in harm's way without VALID justification and that has been proves with Libya and Syria.... Also the drone usage has increased that kinda proves his policy....

YES, the Benghazi episode is a mistake and he has/should have done more about it by coming up clean early and all that BUT Romney has clearly stated increase in military spending which kinda makes very clear that he is in bed with the same necons which dragged us to Iraq without any reason....

NOW is the time to say NO to necons or else they will pull some new and funky rabbit from their hat and we the people will have NO say in the war on IRAN/SYRIA or whatever country they decide to go to WAR with.........
This guy says it much better than I ever could, and he is an ex CIA agent, so he is also a bit more credible.

Pity poor America: Obama, Romney, and Foreign Policy | Non-Intervention.com

Some of my favorite quotes from the article though:

-Obama and his Chicago political pals are suppose to be savvy and slick politicians and yet they are so ideologically blinded by their view of what the world should be that they have not — in four years — bothered to read polls that show that more than 75-percent of the world’s Muslims view U.S. foreign policy as either a threat to Islam or a plan aimed at destroying the faith. To add to this staggering problem for the United States, polling also shows that this interpretation is shared by men and women, young and old, and those who self-identify as moderates and militants.

[MOD CUT/copyright]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-19-2012 at 07:55 PM..

Old 10-19-2012, 08:46 PM

25,574 posts, read 56,512,015 times
^^The author was onC-Span a while back, saying the same thing.

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/WJMich

Here's a list of his appearances:

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/michaelscheuer

Too bad, nothing will change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections