Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 09:53 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,760,768 times

Advertisements

I think the piece is well written and seems fair. Lays out the pros, cons, and reasoning pretty well.

Romney had promise, but his endless vacillations have undermined his credibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 10:46 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
Not surprising. The Salt Lake Tribune is a liberal rag. Look at the "Deseret News"...the Salt Lake Tribune endorses all Democrats....so....this is not even a blip on the radar.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:13 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
gee our local paper came out today in support of 3 Republicans for the house and they are nuetral on the 4th. Is this newsworthy or a surprise?Not at all. the Salt Lake city paper endorsing Obama, though meaningless is news: the same, with the Orlando Sentinel endorsing Romney,,,,for those who get all worked up over endorsements, it is time to consentrate on other issues...

Old 10-24-2012, 07:43 AM

Just an update, for those of you who think how wonderful for Obama, how do you feel now that the Log Cabin Republicans have endorsed Romney? It that newsworthy, will it make a difference, does it bother you?

Nita

Old 10-24-2012, 08:21 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Just an update, for those of you who think how wonderful for Obama, how do you feel now that the Log Cabin Republicans have endorsed Romney? It that newsworthy, will it make a difference, does it bother you?

Nita
Doesn't surprise or bother me.

Party unity above all.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Doesn't surprise or bother me.

Party unity above all.
but there will be those who will be bothered....My point, and that is all it is: endorsements mean little and can always surprise some...iT also shows many people do not base their votes on one issue..In fact that is what the endorsement mentioned..They are looking at the overall picture and not just one stand or one issue.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:22 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:

Nita
A group of Republicans follow party lines and endorse the Republican candidate. I'd imagine there were masses of people who took immediately to their bed upon hearing this shocking news.

What? There weren't masses? So what were there, like, 1,000? No? Less? What? Are you sure? There were two? Goodness. I hope they'll be OK.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
A group of Republicans follow party lines and endorse the Republican candidate. I'd imagine there were masses of people who took immediately to their bed upon hearing this shocking news.

What? There weren't masses? So what were there, like, 1,000? No? Less? What? Are you sure? There were two? Goodness. I hope they'll be OK.
again, you are missing the point: for them to endorse some or most Republicans is one thing, they endorsed a Repbulican that is 100% against gay marriage. BTW the group is a little larger than you think, would you like to take time to research them? I have and I have several friends, and a few people I used to work with who are part of the group...

Old 10-25-2012, 04:13 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,455,696 times
Quote:
but there will be those who will be bothered....My point, and that is all it is: endorsements mean little and can always surprise some...iT also shows many people do not base their votes on one issue..In fact that is what the endorsement mentioned..They are looking at the overall picture and not just one stand or one issue.
Dunno, but Romney's earlier endorsement of McCain apparently increased your own negative feelings towards Romney (that is unless you've "flip-flopped" lately...)!

Jeez Louise Romney is Endorsing McCain In 2010
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections