Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 06:58 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
You're doing a very good job of reinforcing the new reputation that Democrats have earned for being nothing but hateful, envious jerks.

Romney isn't moving that company to China.

Why do you hate rich people? Democrats are supposed to be tolerant of all people.

How much money does a person have to make to be hated by Democrats? Anyone who makes more than Obama?

Obama is a millionaire too. Doesn't that make him evil? Don't you want his money? If he does well on an investment, doesn't that just tick you off?
I have a better question for you. How many millions and billions does someone need to have in the bank before it occurs to them that destroying workers, families, cities, states, and countries to pile up another few millions just might NOT be the right thing to do? How can someone justify the fact that the guy banking those millions didn't even break a sweat or do a moment of work to make that money. They just destroyed the world of those who DID work every day, busting their butt to make living. I truly can not get my mind around just how evil, selfish, cruel and without morals a person must be to get rich off the destruction of others. I don't envy those kind of people. I'm just thankful I won't be in their shoes when they have to face the One who said; "Whatsoever you do to the least of these you do to me."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 06:59 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
It's not the same as your average retirement fund investment. He started Bain. Its business model was created by Romney.

And if I found out I had investments in companies that were doing this I would sell them and buy a company that doesn't outsource.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:02 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Of course he will make money from it!

Just because it's in a blind trust doesn't mean that profits from this undertaking won't go into the trust and Romney's pockets.

Believe me, he's not blind to what's going on --- he can't pretend that he doesn't know this isn't taking place and you don't hear a word from him on Sensata.

Shame on him.

When he says he would be 'good for business' as president, that's just what he means---good for business, not the American worker.
When you make money, should other people hate you because you just got more?

If you sell something and make a profit, should you be ridiculed because of it?

If you profit from contributions to a 401K, are you a dirty rotten scoundrel?

If Apple makes big profits in China, and it does, who are you to say that they can't?

Democrats have turned success into something to be scoffed at. Very sad.

Success should be something to aspire to. Democrats are just completely distorting reality and increasingly negative and harmful to America.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:07 PM

1,794 posts, read 4,915,303 times
Bain has been doing this since 1998.
Romeny is the godfather of outscourcing. His company, which is him,
was one of the first to totally outscourse jobs by buying companies and moving
them overseas, or running up their credit debt and claiming bankruptcy. Then making
sure he took all of the cash out first.
DON"t LISTEN TO WHAT HE SAYS look at what he does.
He has to be judged by his deeds.
If he wins this election, God help this country.
Because you might have a job and don't care today, but
when too many Americans loose their jobs....you will definately loose yours.
We get the government we deserve.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:14 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
When you make money, should other people hate you because you just got more?

If you sell something and make a profit, should you be ridiculed because of it?

If you profit from contributions to a 401K, are you a dirty rotten scoundrel?

If Apple makes big profits in China, and it does, who are you to say that they can't?

Democrats have turned success into something to be scoffed at. Very sad.

Success should be something to aspire to. Democrats are just completely distorting reality and increasingly negative and harmful to America.
The Sensata outsourcing is only a success for the Chinese, and some investor fatcats who might make a few more bucks in profits. Remember the company just had a very profitable year with its American workers, maybe the Chinese workers will be worse.

It's not a success for the dozens of Sensata employees losing their jobs.

It's not a success for their town.

It's not a success for America.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:21 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I have a better question for you. How many millions and billions does someone need to have in the bank before it occurs to them that destroying workers, families, cities, states, and countries to pile up another few millions just might NOT be the right thing to do? How can someone justify the fact that the guy banking those millions didn't even break a sweat or do a moment of work to make that money. They just destroyed the world of those who DID work every day, busting their butt to make living. I truly can not get my mind around just how evil, selfish, cruel and without morals a person must be to get rich off the destruction of others. I don't envy those kind of people. I'm just thankful I won't be in their shoes when they have to face the One who said; "Whatsoever you do to the least of these you do to me."
I have some questions for you.

How can Obama justify putting into place policy after policy that discourage growth and job creation? Millions of Americans need jobs and they are suffering because of him. How can Obama justify borrowing so much money from China and other countries making your grandchildren responsible to pay it back? How can you justify Obama stealing from taxpayers and throwing their money away on green job failures? How can you justify Obama perpetuating welfare as a lifestyle? Many of those people aren't breaking a sweat and they are being handed everything. That keeps people dependent instead of free. That is evil. How can Obama justify all the money he has in the bank? How much money does he need?

Old 10-19-2012, 07:25 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
It's really telling to see how much the GOP hates american and wants to send all our jobs to communist China, but their goons still support them. It's unreal how anyone can support today's GOP

Old 10-19-2012, 07:25 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The high tech jobs have been offshoring since the mid 90's.
Manufacturing has been offshoring since the 60's.

And you all blame Romney.

Yes, I do. I blame anyone that chooses to proliferate this and most of all...it is unbecoming and unpatriotic for a candidate for the Presidency of The USA to campaign on being tough on China as he profits from the practice at such a phenomenally large degree while attempting to fool the American people. It's repulsive.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:27 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
And the republican senate just blocked a bill that would have helped bring jobs home.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:32 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
I love folks that refuse to come to the realization that the Made in the USA days are OVER. Why is that so hard for folks to understand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections