Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 08:31 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,736,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Romney just announced that "of cooouuurrsse he would fully fund FEMA".... who is this guy and more importantly, who in the world would ever listen to him?
People who want a president who doesn't have a spine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 10:05 PM

993 posts, read 832,622 times
FEMA is helpful but they waste tons of money. I live in an area hit hard by the tornadoes last year and I know someone who didn't deserve a dime who got about $2,500. She had almost no damage, but made a list of every minor thing she could think of, even things that they should have already repaired and things that would take about 10 minutes to repair. She got turned down the first time and she said, "I heard if you appeal you almost always get the money because they don't have time to keep dealing with it." I was offended because there were people who lost everything and she spent more time filling out her paperwork than she did volunteering to help others. FEMA is too big, too inefficient, and too wasteful. Romney is smart and he knows it's needed, but he also knows money has to be saved and this is one place he can cut back. Let the states do what they can and let FEMA assist when needed, but they don't need to just throw money up a wild hog's butt.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:16 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,348,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
FEMA is helpful but they waste tons of money. I live in an area hit hard by the tornadoes last year and I know someone who didn't deserve a dime who got about $2,500. She had almost no damage, but made a list of every minor thing she could think of, even things that they should have already repaired and things that would take about 10 minutes to repair. She got turned down the first time and she said, "I heard if you appeal you almost always get the money because they don't have time to keep dealing with it." I was offended because there were people who lost everything and she spent more time filling out her paperwork than she did volunteering to help others. FEMA is too big, too inefficient, and too wasteful. Romney is smart and he knows it's needed, but he also knows money has to be saved and this is one place he can cut back. Let the states do what they can and let FEMA assist when needed, but they don't need to just throw money up a wild hog's butt.
And the state giving out the money would change the situation with you friend HOW exactly?
Your friend is a thief - pure and simple - and thieves steal from state governments as well as the federal government. Sadly, it's a fact of life.

Ken

Old 11-01-2012, 02:07 AM

3,004 posts, read 5,154,645 times
How many states are in the red? They can't handle their budgets now, what makes you think they can handle this?

Old 11-01-2012, 04:47 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,869,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
People who want a president who doesn't have a spine.
True, I guess. How can anybody vote for this guy? Hell, it's been 3 weeks since he even attempted to answer a question, not that he really answered any before, but he used to at least mouth some spin. He doesn't even do that now. Have all of his message managers abandoned him?

Old 11-01-2012, 06:39 AM

17,816 posts, read 13,724,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
HE DID IT!!!!! Romney just put out a statement that, as president, he will see FEMA get the funding it needs. You can't make this flip-flopping stuff up with Romney.
So we can say..........He was against it before he was for it.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:40 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,786,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
In this case, it seems like a fair payback. Doesn't NYC pay far more federal taxes than it typically receives?
That would be " mostly true" according to this:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...leaning-state/

While the data used in this analysis is not current, the overall outcomes have not changed. States that lean red in national elections receive more federal funding than they contribute.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:42 AM

11,761 posts, read 14,667,164 times
No fair!! How is he supposed to pretend he never said all those things he said if people keep asking him about them?

Old 11-01-2012, 07:02 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,682,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Of course he is ignoring them. What is he going to say. "I am all for FEMA". Well I guess he could say that...he is a liar.
What is he gonna do?

1. Admit he made a stupid comment about FEMA
2. Admit he flip flopped on his stance

So, he chooses to ignore the voters and say nothing.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:05 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,736,741 times
Romney tried ignoring the questions because he had previously said he was against FEMA but
it true Mitt fashion he turned around and said he was for FEMA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections