Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 07:51 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,752,366 times

Advertisements

MITT ROMNEY CHICKENHAWK AVOIDS QUESTIONS ABOUT FEMA SANDY - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 08:07 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,988,251 times
Of course he is ignoring them. What is he going to say. "I am all for FEMA". Well I guess he could say that...he is a liar.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:13 PM

39,179 posts, read 51,527,491 times
I am waiting for the flip-flop where Romney declares that he has always been a strong proponent of FEMA, praising the work they do, and vowing to increase their funding once elected. Why not? He has done the same thing with all his other unpopular positions.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:21 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,988,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I am waiting for the flip-flop where Romney declares that he has always been a strong proponent of FEMA, praising the work they do, and vowing to increase their funding once elected. Why not? He has done the same thing with all his other unpopular positions.
He is going to say that he completely agrees with Obama and that is what he would do.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:22 PM

20,696 posts, read 12,596,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Right now he is trying to keep his mouth shut because every time he opens it he flip flops and he knows that many people notice.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:28 PM

3,382 posts, read 8,679,054 times
You guedss being anti fema is not anti-disaster aid.

I actually hadn't heard much about it until now. But I agree leave states in charge of themselves.

I mean who wouldn't want free money from the government. After hurricanes I saw tons of wastes of money, people getting free generators because it was hot out to only use them for 3 days then put them on Craigslist.

Have you guys ever had a community anything at work. Like a coffee pot, for the most part everyone uses it abuses it, some never clean or replenish it. Gets replaced often.

Now you have your own coffee pot, you use it only when you need it, you clean it, and take care of it. Because you have a personal stake in it.

States, counties, and people need to learn to be self reliant.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Old 10-30-2012, 08:52 PM

78,862 posts, read 46,833,371 times
There's no magic about FEMA. More and more people are starting to recognize that.
FEMA is great contributor to deficit financing.
It's a system of bureaucratic centralized economic planning that is a policy that is deeply flawed. They contribute to deficit financing and, quite frankly, they don't have a penny in the bank.

FEMA is not a good friend of most people it says it is there to help. All they do is come in and tell you what to do and can't do. You can't get in your houses. And they hinder the local people, and they hinder volunteers from going in.

FEMA failing to respond in a timely, organized manner to the vast destruction wrought by Hurricane Katrina, was the icing on the cake and opened many eyes just how they are there to control, not help.

FEMA is in big trouble financially. Their flood relief program is $20 billion in debt and cast doubt that additional emergency funds could be found for FEMA.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:23 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,204,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
There's no magic about FEMA. More and more people are starting to recognize that.
It's a system of bureaucratic centralized economic planning that is a policy that is deeply flawed. They contribute to deficit financing and, quite frankly, they don't have a penny in the bank.

FEMA is not a good friend of most people it says it is there to help. All they do is come in and tell you what to do and can't do. You can't get in your houses. And they hinder the local people, and they hinder volunteers from going in.

FEMA failing to respond in a timely, organized manner to the vast destruction wrought by Hurricane Katrina, was the icing on the cake and opened many eyes just how they are there to control, not help.

FEMA is in big trouble financially. Their flood relief program is $20 billion in debt and cast doubt that additional emergency funds could be found for FEMA.
This one statement stands alone to render your entire post null and void. And if you don't know why, that in and of itself is a big red flag indicating your lack of knowledge/information or denial. It's an incriminating statement, but not for FEMA. Think about it.

I will also assume that a state Governor is more qualified than you to give a critique of FEMA.

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is known for saying whatever’s on his mind. Unfortunately for Mitt Romney and his campaign, that includes effusive praise for President Obama and FEMA on their response to Hurricane Sandy.

On Tuesday morning TV appearances, the Republican governor and vocal Romney supporter called the administration “wonderful” and FEMA “excellent” for their efforts to coordinate disaster relief.

Chris Christie Obama: New Jersey governor praises president and FEMA for Hurricane Sandy relief efforts.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:52 PM

31,384 posts, read 37,175,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Yeah, FEMA is what costs, the actual disaster well that's free.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:11 PM

4,004 posts, read 10,872,601 times
A SEMA could handle it just as well, and likely better. We really need to get away from the "one size fits all" central government handling everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections