Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 09:13 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,453,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
It makes sense in the context of the quotes. You see, they're not truly educated, they only think that they are. However, since they claim to be educated, and since many have been through a college, obtaining a degree, I wrote uneducated with quotes wrapped around to display that, yes, technically they have been educated if you mean obtaining a piece of paper, but they aren't really educated in the context that they know the truth and have an ability to truly reason.

Debating with college professors was fun, as I used to make them look bad in front of their classes, making straight A's in the process.
nar·cis·sism/ˈnärsəˌsizəm/
Noun: Extreme selfishness, with a grandiose view of one's own talents and a craving for admiration.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:16 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I'm wondering because most of the crap that comes out of the talking heads at Fox News are lies and distortions of the truth. However, they continue to do it because their audience doesn't bother fact checking anything.
How many ways can you spell : BULL? of all the claims from the left I have seen here, this has to be the worst. Now, that you have posted this crap, give us some examples and be prepared to get some back about MSNBC and the left. If anything the left is more gullible, but I think there are some on both sides. Heck how many times, right here, have we seen things posted from the left that are taken out of context or just plain wrong and yet, the people who post them believe them. How many times do they come back with, of course it is accurate, we saw the UTube or it was in the H.Post or the NY Times for starters?

Let's just say this: if Obama wins another 4 years we will know who got swallowed up because they were gullible and it won't be the right side...

Old 11-03-2012, 09:17 AM

811 posts, read 1,053,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
nar·cis·sism/ˈnärsəˌsizəm/
Noun: Extreme selfishness, with a grandiose view of one's own talents and a craving for admiration.
As a man of integrity, I refused to allow professors to speak outright propaganda in front of the class. They had to be countered with facts, reason, and logic, not to mention their wrongful and, in some cases, confrontational, or evil views, needed to be checked. I made sure of it.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:24 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
There is no shortage of gullible people on either side.

The people who believe God is on their side and only their side, is creepy.
wow, you are sure on a roll to attack Christians today aren't you??

Old 11-03-2012, 09:43 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,453,158 times
Quote:
As a man of integrity, I refused to allow professors to speak outright propaganda in front of the class. They had to be countered with facts, reason, and logic, not to mention their wrongful and, in some cases, confrontational, or evil views, needed to be checked. I made sure of it.
So in other words, you and only you, self-appointed as you are, hold "the truth"?

Yep, I guess that pretty much defines neo-con ideology alright.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:03 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,807,778 times
Quote:
What will they believe?

You probably support the murder of unborn children (abortion)
You probably think that man was made for man, just as woman was made for man, despite basic biological inconsistencies.
Your probably are of the mindset that the government can go in further debt and no one has to be paid. Free stuff for everyone, right?
You probably think that the above is okay, even if Jesus would have never supported abortion and homosexual marriage.

Yet, you want to say easily gullible. Really?

The left promotes filth, supports filth, and speaks negatively toward good and wholesome people. They even booed because they didn't want God put back in the Democrat party platform.

Democrats BOO GOD At Convention - YouTube

Booing God? Absolutely strange.
I support freedom and the constitution like our founding fathers wanted for this great nation.

Today's radical right want nothing but to destroy liberty to reign in their corporatist fascism, and force their huge government religious nonsense on the masses.

Speaking of the RNC, the evangelicals said Willard and co. were praying to satan http://www.christiannewswire.com/news/8390620512.html

Old 11-03-2012, 02:02 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,275,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
How does this make sense?
That's education for you!

Old 11-03-2012, 02:42 PM

507 posts, read 1,537,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
I wonder how many of the spoiled grown-up children who generate most of the liberal fantasy-posts here actually have has the experience of watching a small business struggle to meet a both a payroll and all manner of government-mandated expenditure?

Or (Heaven forbid!) spent a few hours on a real, working farm (milk doesn't come from bottles, you know).

One bit of free advice from a former farm kid: If Ol' Bessie lifts her tail and arches her back, don't be standing directly behind her. That stuff has been know to fly several (at shoulder level, no less) if she coughs or sneezes while "in the process".

Do farmers ever get government handouts???

Please come back and tell me.

Old 11-03-2012, 02:48 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,850,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I'm wondering because most of the crap that comes out of the talking heads at Fox News are lies and distortions of the truth. However, they continue to do it because their audience doesn't bother fact checking anything.
I think more and more of them are realizing, they have been had!

Old 11-03-2012, 02:50 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,757,898 times
I think extreme partisans or any stripe are likely to be gullible. People who need to hug ideology to deal with complexity naturally want to listen to things that affirm that ideology. And once you show that you will accept any bs that can be packaged to match your ideology, you are open to propaganda. Although I think partisans and ideologues occur across the spectrum of ideas, the modern GOP has shown a much stronger tilt towards ideological thinking than the Democrats. So much so that they invented the term RINO to described someone who is not a "real Republican." As if anyone should be expected to be a perfect member of any party. When you are that in the tank for your party, they can have their way with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections