Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2012, 06:09 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,764,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
You think Benghazi is a "fake scandal"? Really. No, pal. Petraeus' e-mails hacked by the FBI to divert attention away from Obama's LIES about Benghazi is a "fake scandal". There's nothing "fake" about 4 dead Americans. Furthermore, the use of the term "teabaggers" is highly offensive and as a middle aged mother of two, I would ask you to try and refrain from using it in the future.
Its a fake scandal in the sense that the right cant even articulate what it is about it that they're soooooo upset about.

But I'm sure your anger is purely patriotic and not partisan which is why you can easily send me links to threads where you rant and rave about Bush ignoring warnings about Bin Laden planning to attack the US, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 06:55 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,205,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
Its a fake scandal in the sense that the right cant even articulate what it is about it that they're soooooo upset about.

But I'm sure your anger is purely patriotic and not partisan which is why you can easily send me links to threads where you rant and rave about Bush ignoring warnings about Bin Laden planning to attack the US, right?
But, but, there are four dead Americans.... it's about the dead ppl, really, we need to take down Obama becuz they're dead.

Even if the teabaggers cannot say how the administration's initial reports of the attack would have retroactively prevented their deaths.

Forget that it was the teabaggers that cut State Dept security funding.

Forget that there were 20 or so youths outside the consulate chatting about the video in the hours before the attacks.

Forget that an American attorney was roughed up by militants, them speaking of revenge for the video, outside the consulate just before the shooting began.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:43 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,168,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Were you this upset about the dozens of victims of US embassy attacks under Bush?
Don't think so.

In any event, nothing is going to come of this just like nothing came of the stooopid claims that Obama's birth certificate was fake or the multitude of other dumb and silly stuff you wingnuts come up with.

Obama is the President and he'll be President until a bit more than 4 years from now.

Ken
Actually, I was pretty upset about the embassy bombings in Nairobi under Clinton:

U.S. Embassy Bombings

Of course, that was before we had DHS and all of our agencies were supposed to be coordinating with each other. My sister-in-law is FBI, she went to Nairobi after the attack.

Requests for aid from Benghazi were DENIED.
SOMEONE told the CIA safehouse to "stand down"
4 Americans were tortured and died.
And Obama flew off to Vegas while changing the CIA talking points that it was an Al Quida attack on 9/11 to claim it was the result of a "spontaneous mob reacting to the You Tube video" which had been on You Tube since July and only had 37,000 views when I first clicked on it after the "story" was told by Susan Rice.

Incompetence, dereliction of duty, coercion of Cabinet members to lie and more lies. Grounds for impeachment. How Petraeus got his jollies is irrelevant.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:54 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,346,065 times
Quote:
Actually, I was pretty upset about the embassy bombings in Nairobi under Clinton:

U.S. Embassy Bombings

Of course, that was before we had DHS and all of our agencies were supposed to be coordinating with each other. My sister-in-law is FBI, she went to Nairobi after the attack.

Requests for aid from Benghazi were DENIED.
SOMEONE told the CIA safehouse to "stand down"
4 Americans were tortured and died.
And Obama flew off to Vegas while changing the CIA talking points that it was an Al Quida attack on 9/11 to claim it was the result of a "spontaneous mob reacting to the You Tube video" which had been on You Tube since July and only had 37,000 views when I first clicked on it after the "story" was told by Susan Rice.

Incompetence, dereliction of duty, coercion of Cabinet members to lie and more lies. Grounds for impeachment. How Petraeus got his jollies is irrelevant.
So, you admit you are AREN'T upset over the attacks under Bush?
You certainly just brushed them off and moved on back to the last DEMOCRATIC President.

Why is that?
Hmmmm....

Just plain old partisanship - that's it.

And NO there's NO grounds for impeachment.
none, nada, zip.

But dream on - it'll be a change of pace from all those years of stooooopid "Birther" claims.

Ken

Old 11-17-2012, 08:01 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,670,681 times
Quote:
That's nice. I'm glad other people's misery makes you happy. Frankly, I think that's kind of sick, but if that's the kind of hypocritical, twisted country you want your children and grandchildren to inherit, laugh away, fools. You will see two completely segregated U.S. societies. Many of us are rejecting your government indoctrination centers you call public schools. Our future depends on the youth. It is my purpose in life to encourage parents to remove as many children as possible from the public school system and see that they receive a proper private or homeschool education.
Yes. By all means home school your kids. Keep these ideas close to home. Stay insular. Please.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:03 PM

Quote:
So, you admit you are AREN'T upset over the attacks under Bush?
You certainly just brushed them off and moved on back to the last DEMOCRATIC President.

Why is that?
Hmmmm....

Just plain old partisanship - that's it.

And NO there's NO grounds for impeachment.
none, nada, zip.

But dream on - it'll be a change of pace from all those years of stooooopid "Birther" claims.

Ken
And how many of those "killed" in the Bush embassy attacks were Americans? Ambassadors? Because frankly, I don't give a damn about dead terrorists.

Many embassies attacked during the Bush years before Benghazi

Old 11-17-2012, 08:22 PM

447 posts, read 496,376 times
GOP lost in election badly so did your great prediction, now what, you guys just like to score some cheap political win. Do you think to alienate more Independents like me is beneficial to your party?

Quote:
And how many of those "killed" in the Bush embassy attacks were Americans? Ambassadors? Because frankly, I don't give a damn about dead terrorists.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:28 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,346,065 times
Quote:

We were lucky and few Americans were killed (bombs don't discriminate so it was just luck more Americans weren't killed in these attacks)

US Marine and five Pakistani staff members (ie employed by the US government) injured in Karachi embassy bombing in 2002

David Foy - American diplomat killed in 2006 Karachi embassy bombing (aren't you fuming we didn't "learn how to prevent it" from the 2002 bombing of the place?

In the 2004 attack in Saudi Arabia five consulate employees (not Americans but working for the U.S. government).

In addition MANY innocent civilians just walking down the street were killed in these attacks.

The fact is, US embassies anywhere in the Muslim world - and elsewhere even - are dangerous places.

Ken

Old 11-17-2012, 08:34 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,205,792 times
Quote:

One so far, where is the outrage????

On March 2, 2006, a suicide car bomb killed four people and injured thirty outside the Marriott Hotel in Karachi, which is about 20 yards from the consulate. Among the dead was David Foy, an American diplomat and three Pakistanis.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
We were lucky and few Americans were killed (bombs don't discriminate so it was just luck more Americans weren't killed in these attacks)

US Marine and five Pakistani staff members (ie employed by the US government) injured in Karachi embassy bombing in 2002

David Foy - American diplomat killed in 2006 Karachi embassy bombing (aren't you fuming we didn't "learn how to prevent it" from the 2002 bombing of the place?

In the 2004 attack in Saudi Arabia five consulate employees (not Americans but working for the U.S. government).

In addition MANY innocent civilians just walking down the street were killed in these attacks.

The fact is, US embassies anywhere in the Muslim world - and elsewhere even - are dangerous places.

Ken
David Foy was killed by a suicide car bomb, not a pre-planned, organized Al Quida attack on a consulate on 9/11.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections