Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 06:41 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,634,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Mann View Post
Bull...., I wish more people were like this, including my self, but I'm not as self sufficient!
So you think it's OK to make threatening "jokes" about murder and cannibalism? Notice I said "normal, sane voters."

Old 11-10-2012, 06:44 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Mac may be republican..........who cares. I have read the guys posts here for years. Peobably more sane than most here. Probably the most self-sufficent guy I have seen in years.In this day and age that is some accomplishment. The guy posted a picture of a pistol holster he hand made.........some of the best leather tooling i have ever seen........and I know he also skinned and tanned the leather himself.

As far as i'm concerned.......he is probably the only person i know who can look down on just about anyone for "feeding" off the system.

Besides. hes a nam vet. Got my respect.
The rest of us just call that living in a civilized society.

While his credentials for self-survival are impressive ~ that's certainly NOT how I want to live and that is reflected in our respective political visions.

Old 11-10-2012, 06:50 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,634,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Mac may be republican..........who cares. I have read the guys posts here for years. Peobably more sane than most here. Probably the most self-sufficent guy I have seen in years.In this day and age that is some accomplishment. The guy posted a picture of a pistol holster he hand made.........some of the best leather tooling i have ever seen........and I know he also skinned and tanned the leather himself.

As far as i'm concerned.......he is probably the only person i know who can look down on just about anyone for "feeding" off the system.

Besides. hes a nam vet. Got my respect.
Being self-sufficient doesn't make you a good person. Neither does being good at handiwork or being a veteran. Ted Kaczynski was self-sufficient too. He was still a crazy, homicidal maniac.

The point is, a big part of the reason the Republicans lost is they allowed the hysterical Tea Party "Obummer is a ******* atheist commie Muslim!" types to speak for them, and the Teapers scare a lot of moderates.

Old 11-10-2012, 06:51 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,315,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
True -- Obama lost about 10 million votes between 2008 and 2012, the difference between Romney and McCain was 3 million so if that trend continues, the democrats will lose in 2016 -- even if they pick up a few million more votes of illegals.

Why did 10 million Obama voters go missing in action in 2012? It's the economy, the jobs he promised but never delivered. If he doesn't deliver jobs this four years for the American people or do something about the deficit and his wars, the democrats will only be left with that pro-illegal alien vote and that will not be enough to win in 2016.
Maybe those missing voters were lost due to voter suppression? Or maybe that did not know about the republican vowed to fight anything Obama does. I think that it os interesting that mitt and company repeated over and over that the government "does not create jobs" but yet his minions come on CD demanding that Obama does something that mitt said that could not be done.

I will tell you
Gallery Index: Political Cartoons of the Week
GOP Constituency

Oh more thing, if the republicans come back in 2016 trying to win with only the extremist vote they will lose again.

Old 11-10-2012, 07:00 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,165,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
True -- Obama lost about 10 million votes between 2008 and 2012, the difference between Romney and McCain was 3 million so if that trend continues, the democrats will lose in 2016 -- even if they pick up a few million more votes of illegals.

Why did 10 million Obama voters go missing in action in 2012? It's the economy, the jobs he promised but never delivered. If he doesn't deliver jobs this four years for the American people or do something about the deficit and his wars, the democrats will only be left with that pro-illegal alien vote and that will not be enough to win in 2016.
You must not understand how the electoral college works.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:09 AM

1,297 posts, read 4,768,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
So you think it's OK to make threatening "jokes" about murder and cannibalism? Notice I said "normal, sane voters."
It's called sarcasm!

Old 11-11-2012, 04:26 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The insider View Post
OK then. That's right. Do the same thing and expect a different result. What is that called?
Thats EXACTLY what Obama is doing. But you blindly support him anyways.

Whats that called?

Old 11-11-2012, 05:35 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,164 times
Talking Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Here's our situation. This is Leftist Utopia. And they tried to tell us Romney's numbers didn't add up?

Thank you Obama voters! I hope you enjoy the misery that you will now be part of! It doesn't get any better than this. Hope they enjoy the fruits of their labor.
Articles: It's Your Move, Mr. President

Nonsense.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:56 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,061,280 times
Interesting that you would give out the 'playbook' for success. To a great extent, you propagandized by substituting a "campaign truth" for a complete truth. The people you mention as representing the conservative may be highly visible - too visible really - and certainly convenient talismen to hang conservatism on, but they are not the conservative movement. They are no more, no less than Bill Press, Rachel Maddow, Ed ?, Al Sharpton, Stephanie Miller, etc. Personally I think all of the personalities, in your post and my response, are great deceivers.

What you have admitted to in your post, is simply a very clever and effective fitting of propaganda to modern media. Nothing less and nothing more.

"Applied peer pressure?" You mean got them in line with the 'company line'. This is no greater achievement, than say when the coal mining companies had company stores, where all of a workers wages had to be spent. As Tennessee Ernie said, "I owe my soul to the company store."
16 Tons

The success of clever political persuasion does not matter, as the joy of a momentary victory will fade when one realizes he is still owned, just by a different master.

Congratulations on a very well run campaign. Now to successfully govern, for the 100%. Otherwise, Enemy Mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The insider View Post
Double down on rutting against America. You guys have not learned have you? Its that exact attitude that fired up the Obama base after four years of brutal attacks. Their is an invisible (to republicans)group of new politicaly active people. We spent the last year registering new Dem voters. We took people to the polls and showed them videos about how to use the voting machines. We demanded they participate because people died for your right to vote. We applied peer pressure to those around us who didn't get it. And you know what we used to light the fire. Your party's on people. Rush Limbaugh,Glenn Beck,Sean Hannity,Mike Gallagher and many others. We recorded their words and more importantly the words of their callers. We played it back at parties and while watching ball games. Once those that were not into it heard what the Romney vote was all about,they became just as active or more so than us.

We did all this on our own time. We sent money. We called it overtime for Obama. This happened all over the Country. And you guys still don't see us,but you will

Old 11-11-2012, 06:13 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,544,434 times
Get over it! Obama won. Romney lost. How long are you going to whine??!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections