Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 07:38 PM

22,191 posts, read 19,473,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I FREAKED OUT when I saw that on the news yesterday.. I thought AHA I was right in the possibility of some dumbo wanting it.

I do think with Obama and his attitudes that lean toward dictatorship if he could, and the "its my way or the highway" attitude, I wouldn't be surprised if he himself tried to get away with repealing the 22nd amendment himself.. He probably would be stopped, but I would not be surprised if he tried to do it with some Executive Order, even just for fun just to feed his huge ego just to see what he could try to get away with.

Therefore, to anyone who referred to me as a conspiracy nut, you may apologize to me, I will forgive you.

You are a conspiracy nut for thinking he will try some Executive order. You are a conspiracy nut for throwing around dictatorship. You are a conspiracy nut for getting freaked out about it, considering the same Congressman has put forth the same legislation in every Congress since 1997, along with members of both parties for the last 20+ years. The proposals have never remotely gone anywhere, there is not a shred of evidence to suggest this is any different, but now all of sudden you are freaked out. Yes, that is conspiracy....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 08:54 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,596,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
You are a conspiracy nut for thinking he will try some Executive order. You are a conspiracy nut for throwing around dictatorship. You are a conspiracy nut for getting freaked out about it, considering the same Congressman has put forth the same legislation in every Congress since 1997, along with members of both parties for the last 20+ years. The proposals have never remotely gone anywhere, there is not a shred of evidence to suggest this is any different, but now all of sudden you are freaked out. Yes, that is conspiracy....
I assure you I am quite sane.

And #2 there is nothing wrong in asking an honest legitimate question. Haven't you learned in kindergarden that asking questions is not stupid?

Old 01-07-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:
I assure you I am quite sane.

And #2 there is nothing wrong in asking an honest legitimate question. Haven't you learned in kindergarden that asking questions is not stupid?
Of course there is nothing wrong with asking an honest legitimate question. Asking if Obama could somehow change the law, issue an executive order or run for life.... are not legitimate questions.....

Old 01-08-2013, 06:07 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,569,957 times
The road to repealing any amendment to the Constitution is a very long and convoluted one, so there's no reason to believe that such an event will ever take place.

Regardless of which party controls the House, and with no chance of Democrats regaining control in the near future, Serrano is merely a showboat.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:18 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,465,672 times
Quote:
I FREAKED OUT when I saw that on the news yesterday.. I thought AHA I was right in the possibility of some dumbo wanting it.

I do think with Obama and his attitudes that lean toward dictatorship if he could, and the "its my way or the highway" attitude, I wouldn't be surprised if he himself tried to get away with repealing the 22nd amendment himself.. He probably would be stopped, but I would not be surprised if he tried to do it with some Executive Order, even just for fun just to feed his huge ego just to see what he could try to get away with.

Therefore, to anyone who referred to me as a conspiracy nut, you may apologize to me, I will forgive you.
How about a little bet? I will bet you $10,000 (or one "Romney") that Barack Hussein Obama will leave office no later than January 20, 2017.

He will not try for a third term.

He will not attempt to induce Congress and the states to amend the Constitution on his behalf.

He will not, because he neither can nor wants to.

So do we have a bet or not? If 1/21/17 rolls around and Obama's still in office, congratulations! You've just won $10,000.

Let's see how seriously you're really taking this fantasy.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Of course there is nothing wrong with asking an honest legitimate question. Asking if Obama could somehow change the law, issue an executive order or run for life.... are not legitimate questions.....
Yes it is legitimate. You may not agree with me - but it is a legitimate question if a person questions the character of someone who thru his actions and words, if you just watch him and listen, you may see a pattern developing of someone who would possibly want to have that much power. You will not believe it unless you watch these these unfolding as I have. (you may come to a different conclusion, but I am not the only one who does not trust this person).

Already he has used the "executive order" card. I would not put anything past this ego-maniac. And sneaky too. Benghazi scandal is one proof - he keeps dodging, same as Clinton. Just watch him and you may even see something different than I have seen.

So hopefull it wont happen, but I wouldn't put it past him to try.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
How about a little bet? I will bet you $10,000 (or one "Romney") that Barack Hussein Obama will leave office no later than January 20, 2017.

He will not try for a third term.

He will not attempt to induce Congress and the states to amend the Constitution on his behalf.

He will not, because he neither can nor wants to.

So do we have a bet or not? If 1/21/17 rolls around and Obama's still in office, congratulations! You've just won $10,000.

Let's see how seriously you're really taking this fantasy.
Thats a good point. However I do not have $10,000 even if i wanted to bet you. But i do see your point, and I hope you are right.

One thing though - I have not declared this to be a fact, it is at the level of worry based on his character displayed already. I am questioning if it is possible. If I were to guess, I'd give it a possibility - if he could do it - at 70% to 80% chance that he would be in favor of making it a reality.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:47 PM

13 posts, read 16,040 times
Not a chance in hell, even though many of his supporters are ignorant enough to support the repeal of term limits.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:37 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,203,858 times
Quote:
Can he win a third term?

Wasn't there a president who had 4 terms (Roosevelt?)

Can Obama create an executive order or change the law so that he could run for a third term or indefinitely?

good luck repealing the 22nd amendment.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Yes it is legitimate. You may not agree with me - but it is a legitimate question if a person questions the character of someone who thru his actions and words, if you just watch him and listen, you may see a pattern developing of someone who would possibly want to have that much power. You will not believe it unless you watch these these unfolding as I have. (you may come to a different conclusion, but I am not the only one who does not trust this person).

Already he has used the "executive order" card. I would not put anything past this ego-maniac. And sneaky too. Benghazi scandal is one proof - he keeps dodging, same as Clinton. Just watch him and you may even see something different than I have seen.

So hopefull it wont happen, but I wouldn't put it past him to try.

Its not a legitimate question. It is an absurd question for anyone who even has an inkling of a clue of how the process works or who isn't part of scary conspiracy coo-coo straight jacket land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections