Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 10:47 AM

3,678 posts, read 7,217,406 times

Advertisements

Julian Castro 2016!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 11:06 AM

127 posts, read 142,999 times
I thought Ryan would have been a better candidate than Romney in this last election.

As for the next one ... I think Hillary had her shot and didn't make the cut (although she was clearly the more experienced, more intelligent, and more informed candidate). Obama has cut her off at the knees once and for all. His followers will not follow her.

Biden? Let's see ... he'll be about 117 by then, won't he? The man is practically senile now. I can't imagine what he'll be like in another four years.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:44 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Julian Castro 2016!!!!!!!!!
Too soon for him I think. He needs to get more experience and more name recognition.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:18 PM

174 posts, read 154,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Too soon for him I think. He needs to get more experience and more name recognition.
Indeed.

Only in New York could a mayoral seat possibly be a launching pad to a Presidential nomination. While San Antonio (the city, not the metropolitan area) is relatively large, Castro would still need to move on to the Senate or the Governor's mansion before having a realistic shot at the Presidency.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:09 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,478,798 times
Not sure what the rules are anymore. Obama had hardly any executive experience and catapulted to the top job. The opinion of me and a few million voters is that he had what it takes to lead a nation in its most difficult hour. Bush was a governor and made a royal mess of things. But, then, how many voters rationally analyze anything till their house has been foreclosed or their relative is paraplegic in a war that was unprovoked. So anything could happen with our politics. I shudder to think. Frankly, Palin about as much RATIONAL claim to leadership potential as Bush.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Not sure what the rules are anymore. Obama had hardly any executive experience and catapulted to the top job. The opinion of me and a few million voters is that he had what it takes to lead a nation in its most difficult hour. Bush was a governor and made a royal mess of things. But, then, how many voters rationally analyze anything till their house has been foreclosed or their relative is paraplegic in a war that was unprovoked. So anything could happen with our politics. I shudder to think. Frankly, Palin about as much RATIONAL claim to leadership potential as Bush.
There is a huge diffence in CAstro, a mayor of large city and Obama who was both a state and us senator. The goes for Bush as well, you might want to blame him for the mess, but it takes more than one person to make those messes; he was still a governor which is very different than a mayor. As for Palin, she too was a governor and didn't run for Pres.

We are not talking about your or my political views, we are talking about possible candidates and their chances and readiness. I know nothing about Castro but I do know, a person doesn't go from mayor to Pres...especially when he has years still to develop and is not even well known. That is how most of us are judging who will or will not be a good candidate, not strickly on our political views.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:49 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,478,798 times
Well, mayors have certainly run. But I don't think it has ever been unsuccessful due to their qualifications. They just don't launch from an effective platform. They are more victims of policy than makers. And they start from scratch in rounding up the billions it takes to get a nomination.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Well, mayors have certainly run. But I don't think it has ever been unsuccessful due to their qualifications. They just don't launch from an effective platform. They are more victims of policy than makers. And they start from scratch in rounding up the billions it takes to get a nomination.
of course they can run, my point was he will not be ready and would have a better shot if he holds off for the time being, anyone can run. We see that every election season..

Old 01-31-2013, 08:47 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times
I do not think Bill CLinton's wife will be a viable candidate. She will be 69 by the next inaguartion, and like I said before, she is no Reagan. I know many young 69 year olds, she does not come accross as one. She comes across as someone whose age is catching up with her.
That being said, Joe Biden would be the logical choice, but he will be 74.

So, besides myself, are there any conservative Democrats who are interested in running ?

Old 02-05-2013, 12:43 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Already? Biden, if the economy recovers.

All I know is I want no part of the Romney dynasty to ever show up on the national political stage - be it in 2016, 2020, 2024, 2028, 2032 ... need I go on. I think Tagg, much like a first born pup in a litter, is the noisiest and most cantankerous. His snively nonsense will never endear him to the American people. Tell Mitt's douche bag kids to enjoy their Harvard MBA related jobs, the dynasty money, and stay the **** out of our faces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections