Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 07:04 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,715,026 times

Advertisements

To me this video pretty much sums it up. While I know I won't vote for Obama, I respect him more after knowing that he's more interested in demonstrating patriotism.

Patriotism
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2007, 11:47 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,865,111 times
Anyone who runs for President is patriotic. It's not an easy job and changes ones' life immensely. It's very difficult and stressful on the President and their family. This post reminds me of the Seinfled episode when Kramer walked in a charity AIDS walk, but refused to wear the AIDS ribbon. And some of the other runners pummeled him. How stupid. We don't have to wear lapel pins or put bumper stickers on our cars to prove anything to anyone - and that includes political candidates. It's so much easier "to run with the pack" and be a follower. Shame on anyone who judges him because of a lapel pin.

Old 10-24-2007, 12:49 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,560,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncisgreat View Post
So first Barack Obama proclaimed he will no longer wear a flag lapel pin. Now this photo surfaces:

Sept. 17 in Iowa during the national anthem. It shows Obama, Hillary and Bill Richardson....only Obama seems disrespectful in regard to the flag.

What is up with him? When running for office, perception is reality. The perception is that he does not care about traditional shows of patriotism. Will this hurt him? I actually think it will, and should.

one snapshot with his hands down makes him unpatriotic?

Old 10-24-2007, 06:41 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,627,331 times
Obama HATES America. He is a far, far, far, far, far, far, far, extremely radical extremist radicalist activist far, far lefty. The picture proves it beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:11 AM

674 posts, read 804,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
one snapshot with his hands down makes him unpatriotic?
Not necessarily, but as I said perception is reality. When one runs for office it is important to make sure you are perceived as a leader and being rebellious in regard to his stance during the national anthem is not the perception of a leader that the people want.

It's irrelevant, he won't get the nomination anyway. I just thought it was an interesting subject.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
Obama HATES America. He is a far, far, far, far, far, far, far, extremely radical extremist radicalist activist far, far lefty. The picture proves it beyond a shadow of a doubt.
what an incredible quote! We can disagree on who is running for office but I would never label anybody running for President as "hating" America.

How is Obama radical? Have you heard his opinions? He doesn't sound radical to me.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:54 AM

7,330 posts, read 15,382,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
HA! I just almost spit coffee on my keyboard.

In other news, Rudy Giuliani tears the tags off of mattresses and Chris Dodd jaywalks. They are both criminals who should rot for eternity in the hell of a thousand fires!

We've gotta get past these gotcha moments. The guy was standing at the front of the line. His mind must have been elsewhere.

Plus, I know this is totally different, but at Cubs games, I always put my and over my heart for the anthem, and people chuckle. Everyone else removes their hats, if they have em, and put those over their hearts, but not a lot of people put their hands up. Does that mean they all hate America?

Hate America.... how ridiculous. Get past it. Don't demonize the other side.

I realize your post may have been a joke, but others actually feel that way.

Old 10-24-2007, 08:01 AM

674 posts, read 804,416 times
Ah, see we can't listen to you because you were at a Cubs game and not a Sox game!

Old 10-24-2007, 08:08 AM

95 posts, read 261,380 times
I think Obama is of thre Muslum Faith and so doesnt show any respect for the American Flag. Hell take a paycheck from it but not show respect to the flag which is a symbol of the United States. All the other replies ARE OF THE OPINION THAT YOU DONT HAVE TO SHOW OPEN RESPECT TO THE FLAG. Its everyones right to show respect or not , but they will be the first to cry and wwimper when their rights are infringed upon and the last to fight for our freedoms

Old 10-24-2007, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
HA! I just almost spit coffee on my keyboard.

In other news, Rudy Giuliani tears the tags off of mattresses and Chris Dodd jaywalks. They are both criminals who should rot for eternity in the hell of a thousand fires!

We've gotta get past these gotcha moments. The guy was standing at the front of the line. His mind must have been elsewhere.

Plus, I know this is totally different, but at Cubs games, I always put my and over my heart for the anthem, and people chuckle. Everyone else removes their hats, if they have em, and put those over their hearts, but not a lot of people put their hands up. Does that mean they all hate America?

Hate America.... how ridiculous. Get past it. Don't demonize the other side.

I realize your post may have been a joke, but others actually feel that way.
CarolinaBredChicagoan perhaps we should advise Senator Obama to glue his hand over his heart along with a flag lapel unto his chest to make sure everyone knows he is patriotic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections