Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 11:29 AM

842 posts, read 3,232,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
Exactly and as this picture proves by his actions he's unpatriotic. I don't trust him as far as I could throw him!
Wow....you can immediately size up the patriotism of an individual simply by looking at a single picture. That's amazing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2007, 01:02 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,883,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbognar View Post
Wow....you can immediately size up the patriotism of an individual simply by looking at a single picture. That's amazing!
Yes, that and almost everything that comes out of his mouth! I detest the man and disagree with virtually EVERYTHING he says.

Old 10-24-2007, 02:52 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,643,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
Obama HATES America. He is a far, far, far, far, far, far, far, extremely radical extremist radicalist activist far, far lefty. The picture proves it beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Wow, I thought my sarcasm was obvious by my redundancy of labeling. 2 posters took me seriously.

Lighten up folks!

Anyway for all we know that picture could have been snapped 1 second before or after he put his hand up. I saw nothing of value in any accusation that he is unpatriotic. Thats why the only response I could come up with was something mocking the idea that someone would come to that conclusion from such a picture.

Old 10-24-2007, 03:00 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,410,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
Wow, I thought my sarcasm was obvious by my redundancy of labeling. 2 posters took me seriously.

Lighten up folks!

Anyway for all we know that picture could have been snapped 1 second before or after he put his hand up. I saw nothing of value in any accusation that he is unpatriotic. Thats why the only response I could come up with was something mocking the idea that someone would come to that conclusion from such a picture.
Hey buddy. Look around. Are some of the posters on this board any less extreme in their posts?

Old 10-24-2007, 03:27 PM

791 posts, read 2,225,095 times
I learned to cover my heart for the 'pledge of allegiance' but never was taught to cover for the national anthem, and I was raised in the military. I would wonder when that little act became ritual?

Old 10-24-2007, 04:38 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,883,188 times
Ya know something?... My dislike of this man just might have clouded my eyes there. The more I look at this picture, I'm not so sure it isn't photoshopped or otherwise set up. Can't be sure but it makes me go hmmmm.

Old 10-24-2007, 04:52 PM

674 posts, read 806,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbognar View Post
Says who? Is there a written rulebook somewhere that codifies this particular meaning for placing your hand over your heart?
You bet there is.

I am always amazed at how we as Americans are ignorant about our own country.

The United States Code (U.S.C.) is a compilation and codification of the general and permanent federal law of the United States.

Title 36, Chapter 10 states:

Conduct during playing

During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. Persons in uniform should render the military salute at the first note of the anthem and retain this position until the last note. When the flag is not displayed, those present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed there.

LII: U.S. Code: Home

Old 10-24-2007, 04:53 PM

674 posts, read 806,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
Ya know something?... My dislike of this man just might have clouded my eyes there. The more I look at this picture, I'm not so sure it isn't photoshopped or otherwise set up. Can't be sure but it makes me go hmmmm.
It's not photoshopped. It was in Time and the actual video footage was played on NBC last night.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:02 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,643,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Hey buddy. Look around. Are some of the posters on this board any less extreme in their posts?
I have yet to see any of them call someone far,far,far,far,far,far,far,far left. That being said I have seen "extreme far left" used multiple times in single posts. For that matter I've seen plenty of overuse from both sides. But I had hoped my overuse was clearly enough to distinguish it as a joke, especially considering it was over a dumb picture that proves nothing.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:06 PM

1,408 posts, read 4,866,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnehahapolitan View Post
IMO, Obama's actions are just as patriotic as the remainder of the candidates.
Can you name some/any of Obama's patriotic actions??

No disrespect intended; this is a sincere question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections